“Clean, Quiet, Good Location, Good Breakfast, WIFI”
Review of Hotel Diocleziano

Hotel Diocleziano
Ranked #49 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Hotel is a short walk from the train station. Rooms are clean and very quiet; no city noise. Breakfast was Awesome! View from the balcony was fantastic. Staff was friendly and helpful and gave good restaurant recommendations. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 March 2014

A good central location very close to the main train and bus station. Suprisingly quite as the hotel is so close to a busy area. A well maintained and furnished hotel. All the hotel staff were polite and helpful and went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as possible. The breakfasts were ample and varied. We would definately recommend this hotel and look forward to staying their again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My first visit to Rome and I'm so pleased with the hotel & the staff I'm hoping to visit again soon.
Just 2 mins walk from Termini station it was very handy when traveling.
When we arrived were told we had been upgraded to the superior room 103 (which we had read about on other reviews) and I couldnt believe it! The veranda was LOVELY, it felt like having 3 rooms! A warm night outside with some vino was all I needed to relax. It sounds strange but I really wish we could have spent more time at the hotel! They had a sauna and gym area I didnt even get to try.
Our minibar was refilled everyday which was great as we never needed to stop in a shop on our way out, and the bathroom was lovely - the room was made up everyday and the hotel in general was spotless. The bed may seem hard for some but to be honest I woke up better there than at home.
Sadly due to busy days we only got to have breakfast once on the last morning but again I can not fault it, so much choice I was standing there for ages trying to decide what I wanted. The freshly poured juice was a great addition and the staff were more than helpful.
I'd like to say another thankyou to everyone there it was a great visit and made our trip so much eaiser. Each morning we ordered a cab to take us to the different sites and it was there within 30 seconds. I'll stop now as there's too much I could say but please don't hesitate and give it a try, you will not be disapointed. I have some pictures that I will add as soon as I get a chance.
Thank you so much!!
From Donna

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This was my first trip to Rome and I only wished I had chosen to stay there longer. The hotel was very nice and the staff was the best that I had out of all the places I went during my European vacation.The hotel is very close to the train station which was where my hop on hop off bus met. Also I had a view of the Spanish Baths from my window. The free mini bar was a Godsend after a long day of sightseeing. It wasn't close to the major sites but I think in the end that was a good thing. The beds were very comfortable and they even had a sauna i wanted to visit but just ran out of time. Overall Rome has my heart and so does this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We wanted to be away from the hustle and bustle of tourists. Because there are many many many tourists in Rome. The Hotel Diocleziano was just far enough away but still in a very populated area with plenty of restaurants and site seeing. 20 minute walk to the epicenter of it all. Also close to the train station, and us like many people, train out of Rome in route to Florence. Hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. It's not a high end hotel but its just above average I'd say. Perfect for what we needed having spent little time there other than sleeping. One thing I did notice that was not so good, that outside the hotel, just around the corner the taxi cab drivers park because its a quiet street, but twice I saw them urinating in a corner at night when I walked by. So that seems like there public urinal.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
RomeGR, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Diocleziano, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Guests,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time in making a comment on our hotel. We are glad to understand that you have enjoyed your stay with us back in October and that you have particularly appreciated our location to be close to the main train station for the trip to Florence.

As for your note on the hotel not being high end, we are sorry that you were disappointed by this; however nowhere on our website we describe ourselves as a luxury or five star hotel. As our pictures and description show, Diocleziano is a small boutique 4 star hotel, with a classic taste and décor.

Regarding your experience of the street near the hotel, we can only say that we are sorry about what happened. No other guest has ever reported of such a regrettable situation but, unfortunately, we cannot control the behaviour of people beyond those of our hotel; we can only say that we do hope that episodes of this kind will not happen any more in the future.

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

the hotel was very nice we injoy our honeymoon stay..they have upgride us to deluxe room 501 the specila room in the hotel..the brakefast was good and fresh..
the location was very good near the tarminal station and bas station..

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I would like to say that it was a pleasure staying at the hotel with Maria and Sherwin being the most helpful and kind out of them all ! The hotel was always clean and didn't have no issues with asking for help and advice

• Stayed: March 2014