“Nice hotel”

Ranked #48 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
rauma
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 6 February 2009

Nice spacy and quiet clean room, with ecxellent breakfast. Very polite and friendly staff. Good location, near metro.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — View at the window (in first floor)
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jorpelo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
VASSILIKA
Reviewed 29 January 2009

Very good hotel, very clean and comfortable.
Very good breakfast
The hit of hotel is the bathroom with hydro massage

• Liked — THE BATHROOM
  • Disliked — THE AROUND AREA (SPECIALLY AT NIGHT)
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank KOSTASVassilika
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 January 2009

My mother and I wanted to go to Rome and I did not have much time to look for a hotel. We wanted to stay in Rome proper and not somewhere in the outskirts, but also did not want to pay too much. I read the reviews on the Diocleziano on Tripadvisor and went by those suggestions.
As mentioned in other reviews, the hotel is close to the main train station and is easy to get to from both airports. It is in easy walking distance to the main sights of the city. It is situated not quite in the city center, more on the edge of it. I was quite happy that I had chosen the Diocleziano. It is an excellent hotel for the price: clean, comfy, friendly and safe. As mentioned, for sights and food one has to walk between ten and fifteen minutes into the city. There is no restaurant or snack place at the corner. Although I do recall seeing a couple of snack places close by, I do not remember whether they were open at night.
The amenities in the hotel were excellent. The beds were good. I tend to get back aches with most mattresses. I had no problems here. There was a desk, a small tv that had the regular Italian TV channels plus a German and a Spanish TV channel. The bathroom was very spacious. Our room, however, had the bathtub in a corner with shower stall walls installed on the tub. It was a little difficult to get into the tub for a shower. I think for somebody with hip or knee problems, this might be a little problematic.
Breakfast was included in the price. The little restaurant downstairs was nice, with plenty of food. I think they serve breakfast until ten thirty in the morning, which is nice if you want to sleep in. The girl cleaning the tables and filling the food trays was a little overworked one day because she was alone that morning - the other days, there were two of them - and we had to wait for a few minutes to get a table cleared. My mother, however, is rather easy going, she started to clear the table that she wanted by herself, which got us immediate attention and the table was cleared and laid within a matter of minutes.
The hotel offers a car service to the airport for a fixed price, which, if you prefer going by cab, could be a life saver. The traffic in Rome is so bad that it might take you a few hours standing in traffic to get to an airport. Paying by the meter would be prohibitively expensive in that case. We took the airport bus from and to Ciampino which arrives at and leaves from Termini, the main train station. This is a good low budget option, but we also got stuck in traffic. Make sure you leave way ahead of time when flying out, otherwise you'll miss your flight.
All in all, I would recommend the hotel to "normal" travelers, families, regular travelers without party or romantic aspirations, families with kids and similar people. It's not a party place and it's not close to party places, it is not overly romantic, but it is excellent value for the price and very comfortable.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable, quiet
  • Disliked — There was nothing I really disliked.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank Esma G
England
Reviewed 20 January 2009

We chose the Hotel Diocleziano for our first visit to Roma based on reviews from previous guests plus its location close to the rail & metro & bus links. On arrival the Reception Staff could not have been more pleasant & helpful & this continued for the rest of our stay. The hotel was quiet which was great after hectic days & nights expoloring the many beautiful sights Roma has to offer. We cannot wait to return.

Stayed January 2009
1 Thank Benny88England
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 20 January 2009

My daughters (ages 20 and 16) and I stayed one week in May 2008. We had reserved a triple but found the room too small for a week's stay. The General Manager offered several options, from which we chose two rooms at a reasonable price. The rooms were very comfortable, newly furnished, and clean. Breakfast (included) was not extravagant but quite good and always fresh. The location is convenient. What set this hotel apart, however, was the extraordinary service we received beginning the first day.

From the General Manager down, every employee was helpful and kind. Alitalia lost one of our bags, and the staff kept in communication with the airline and provided me daily e-mail updates. The recommendations for restaurants were superb and included several that were within walking distance, very reasonably priced, with outstanding food.

One experience in particular exemplifies the level of service we received. I wanted to purchase a vase from a nearby shop. The vendors spoke no English. The GM helped me negotiate the price and researched shipping options for me. He then asked one of his staff to accompany me to Poste Italiano and handle the insurance and shipping. Of course the vase broke in transit. When Poste Italiano denied my claim, I wrote it off as a life lesson. The GM did not. He prosecuted the claim for several months on my behalf and recovered the money I paid for the vase as well as for the shipping. When I offered to split the proceeds with him for his substantial effort, he politely declined and wire-transferred the full amount to my account.

I have stayed previously at the Westin Excelsior. For comfort, value, and service, I would choose the Hotel Diocleziano for my next visit to Rome.

• Liked — clean and comfortable; extraordinary value
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank CardsFan59
dublin
Reviewed 18 January 2009

This hotel was just brilliant. We got the teravision bus from ciampino which left us at termini station and the hotel is just a few mins walk. It is extremly clean with polished floors everywhere and the staff are extremly nice. the room was really nice,well heated, and had a free minibar with soft drinks. At €700 for seven nights it was great value. There is a fabulous trattoria just down the road called famiglia where we ate every night which was very handy after a long days sightseeing. Overall a superb hotel, in a great location, beside a great restaurant.

P.S The breakfast buffet was brilliant with lots of choice and fabulous coffee.

• Liked — Breakfast buffet
  • Disliked — having to go home
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank smyth7
Cambridge
Reviewed 13 January 2009

The hotel was in close proximity to the train station and in walkable distance to most sighseeings in Rome. The room was spotless clean and the hotel stuff was more than helpfull and polite. The breakfast buffet had a great selection for all different kind of tastes. There was free mini bar with non alcoholic drinks in the room (restocked every day). What more can anyone ask? It was perfect and we will definately stay there again when we go back to Rome.

• Liked — the hotel room and the stuff
  • Disliked — sometimes room was too hot
  • Stayed December 2008