2,425 results
All reviewstermini stationcomplimentary soft drinksdiocletian bathsla famigliaquiet streetmini barbreakfast staffexcellent hotelside streetthe hotel stafffree internetminute walkbreakfast was excellenthotel is locatedconvenient locationhop on hopvisit to rome
Reviewed 3 August 2009

This is my second time in this hotel, and I will be back for my next trip to Rome
From room to breakfast, from cleanliness to quiteness at night, you won't be surpised by a bad experience as you can find in so many tourist spots.
It is mainly a business hotel, but the atmosphere is also great for tourist like me

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank ATANGANA
Reviewed 30 July 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Diocleziano for 5 nights in July. After searching through many hotels in Rome we decided that this was the best 4*, based on the lovely photos and fabulous reviews.

This hotel is nice, but nothing special. Based on other hotels I've stayed in I would definately not rate it as 4* but 3*. The staff were friendly, and spoke fairly good English and the hotel was clean and fairly modern. The room was however quite small and the bathroom was a terrible layout (you had to squeeze round the toilet to get into the shower and to sit on the toilet you virtually had to put your legs inside the shower.) The minibar in the room was free and was refilled each day, however it only contained 1 bottle of water, Coke and Fanta, (no snacks or alcohol.)

Although the hotel is close to the station, it isn't in the best of areas. During the day it's fine and an easy walk to the station or bus terminal, (less than 5 minutes,) however at night this area doesn't feel terribly safe. There are a lot of homeless people hanging around, and after dark the area is fairly quiet compared to other parts of the city. The hotel itself is down a fairly secluded side street, and the road leading from it to the station reeked with the smell of urine each day, (not very nice in 36 the degree heat!) Taxi drivers also found the hotel difficult to locate and even when given the street name generally went to the other end of the street, which crosses a more major road.

All in all I'd say that this is a nice enough hotel for the price, providing you can afford to get taxis to and from it after dark. However if I went back to Rome I'd stay closer to the Trevi Fountain or Pantheon area, which is more central if you want to explore Rome by foot and be close to the shops and restaurants.

1  Thank lmccu81
Reviewed 27 July 2009

As per the other reviews I would say this is an excellent hotel. I have been to quite a few around the world and this is one of the best. All of the staff are very friendly, it is spotlessly clean, everything looks brand new and the aircon works well - it was really hot in Rome and it was vital for me that the aircon in the room worked well which it did. Also the breakfast buffet was really good. The hotel also has a pretty good brand new small gym.

I thought the location was fine because it was easy to find just 5 mins from the station and although it was a 20 min walk into the centre it was so easy to jump on a bus at the termini bus station across the road where the buses are regular and go everywhere. It was also just as easy getting back because they all head back to the main station. The trip into the centre takes 5 mins on the bus. I would imagine that for a similar hotel in the centre that the price would be double so unless money is no object I would advise you to stay here. Its well worth getting a Roma card which gets you into two main attractions free and gives you 3 days unlimited travel on the bus.

2  Thank Waterloosunset1
Reviewed 27 July 2009

As soon as you walk in the door of this hotel you can tell it is all class, walking up from the road gives you a different impression but once through the front doors it all changes. Breakfast was sensational, the rooms are great, staff are very friendly and helpful, you would have to be very fussy to find any fault with this hotel, it is close to some fantastic eateries such as La Famiglia (great food and wine) the best starters buffet ever. There are heaps of internet cafe's and the best laundromat (were you just give all your washing to the guy inside and give him 10 Euros and come back 2 hours later to have it washed, dryed and folded. We dropped all our laundry off before heading out to dinner (usually La Famiglia) and picked it up on the way home. No complaints here.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank KeithnSuzi B
Reviewed 25 July 2009

Just back from 4 nights at this hotel and truly impressed.

The staff is just incredibly friendly and helpful. They all were not just nice, but very warm and welcoming. And I mean all of them: The door guy, the cleaning staff, the breakfast staff and of course everyone at the reception, day and night. Where else is the cleaning staff constantly greeting you, and when you leave the breakfast room, someone gives you a nice "bye, thank you" through the whole room?

Our room was a good size, had good a/c and a comfortable bed. But most of all, it was really clean. My partner is extremely picky when it comes to cleanliness, and she was very happy with this hotel. In fact, it was the cleanest hotel-room we ever stayed in. By chance, we got a superior room, although we booked a normal one, so we got a whirlpool. This was a nice feature, but I would not pay extra for it (although my partner probably would).

The breakfast was very good. There is a good selection of stuff to eat, very good fruit juices, and more. Btw, we recognized that some people ordered extra coffee from the staff, so we did too, and got very good cappuccinos instead of the not-so-good coffee at the buffet.

The extras offered by the hotel are amazing: every evening, the minibar is filled with just the right amount of free drinks after a hot day in Rome, and there is a selection of shampoo, bathing foam, and much more in the bathroom. We also liked the slippers to stroll around with in your room (or, as some people do, in the breakfast room).

The whole hotel is very nicely built. All common rooms are bight, spacious and look and feel valuable.

Two cons: First, the location is not perfect. It takes you some minutes to come into the centre by foot or public transport. But its perfectly fine. There are stations at Termini and Repubblica. Tourist buses leave at Repubblica. The neighbourhood was fine for us, we never felt unsafe. All in all, we thought the location is ok, because it may be a bit off, but it is very, very quiet at night. Second con: low water pressure in our room, but not too bad.

All in all, an exceptional hotel. We will definitely go there again, if we go back to Rome. Still impressed by the staff.

3  Thank waltzian