“Great boutique hotel in the middle of all the major attractions!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Spalletti Trivelli

Villa Spalletti Trivelli
Ranked #7 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Concord, North Carolina
“Great boutique hotel in the middle of all the major attractions!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

We recently stayed at Villa Spalletti while celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We loved this hotel. We are used to large luxury hotels in the states so the transition to a smaller hotel made us nervous. However, the staff of the hotel made our stay wonderful. Our room was a very nice size with EXCELLENT airconditioning. The bathroom was totally modern and luxurious. It was almost as big as the bedroom. The staff helped us with all arrangements for tours, dinners, taxis, etc. after we arrived. The internet connection was wired but it worked perfectly.

The location is one of the best things for this hotel. It is on a quiet secluded street across from a park so there is NO street noise. You only hear birds at night! However, you are one block from a major street and within easy walking distance from ancient Rome, Spanish steps and shopping area, Piazza Navona, and the Pantheon (although we consider an easy walk being less than 15 minutes - we did a TON of walking in Rome as it is a very large city).

The only concern we had was trying to communicate with the hotel before going. For some reason, they couldn't email us and we had to call to confirm everything. That made me worried about their internet and I almost cancelled. I am so happy I didn't. We traveled all through Italy and this was our favorite hotel. I also read some reviews that said the staff couldn't speak English. This simply wasn't true. We speak no Italian and had no trouble communicating with the staff. They also have a WONDERFUL breakfast and in the evenings you can help yourself to free cocktails or wine and sit in the garden to unwind after a busy day of touring before going to bed. It was awesome. I would definitely recommend Villa Spalletti!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank PKARRA-Vacationers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Korean first
Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

I stayed with my wife and son in this very beautiful small hotel during the last week of May. Its a truly cosy luxurious experience and there are enough good reviews already by previous travellers - I agree with most of them. The location is amazingly central. the private gardens are amazing and there is a feeling of exclusiveness as soon as you enter the villa. The breakfast is wonderful.

Having said all these, I need to point out the areas for improvement. A standard facility of a tea/ coffe maker in the room is absent - I do believe this is a simple miss and I am sure the hotel will correct it soon. But what makes it a bit irritating is an additional room service fee of eur 15 for a eur 3 cup of tea for such a small property !!! At the tariffs that this hotel charges, I dont think this room service fee is a significant revenue stream and should be dropped.

So is the absence of an iron with ironing board in the room - trivial stuff but one expects flawlessness from such an expensive property.

I will however recommend this hotel as a truly one in a million experience if you can afford it...

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank sen_gypsy
berkeley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

We stayed at the Villa Spalletti Trivelli for four nights over Easter. Rome was mobbed, and it was wonderful to have the elegance and quiet of this hotel to return to at the end of the day. They have thought of every possible comfort, and they accommodate every request. Your minifridge has complimentary alcohol, soft drinks, and snacks. The breakfast is a huge buffet of possibilities in a high-ceilinged room, with staff very attentive. Our room was quiet, our bathroom huge. It rained, but we did walk around the garden, where it would be very pleasant to sit. The neighborhood is quiet and safe. This is 5-star accommodations.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank triptravelBerkeley
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

I have been to Rome several times during my life, stayed at various hotels.
Found Spalletti Travelli on Trip Advisor. Glad the Guide Books haven't discovered it yet or we would never have gotten a reservation.
If you are prepared to pay for comfort, service, space, quiet and ambience, look no further.
Cannot imagine anything lovelier in Rome than this authentic aristocratic family villa with beautiful garden and spa, next to the Presidential Palace (former home of the Popes).
Even the taxi drivers do not know it; just tell them to go to the Piazza Quirinale.
If I am fortunate to return to Rome I would not think of staying any place else

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank stevestulman
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in this luxurious hotel. It was worth every penny, luxurious with impeccable and discreet service. A calm oasis from the hustle and bustle of Rome

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2011

I just returned from my stay at Villa Spalletti Trivelli, and I had to post a review. Our stay was exactly what I was hoping it would be. This was a special Easter trip for my mother and I and I wanted everything to be perfect. It truly was!

The rooms are big and the tall windows gives them the impression of being even larger. The photos on the site don't do the rooms justice. My favorite part of the morning was putting back the inner wooden shutters and opening the windows to let in the beautiful spring air. The bathrooms were beautifully equipped and housekeeping was impeccable. The beds looked a little different from American hotel beds, but they were comfortable and the linens are to die for - crisp and lovely. Truly la dolce vita!

The concierge staff is professional and extremely helpful. The kitchen staff is terrific - willing to do whatever you ask (hot breakfast or espresso in the garden) with a smile.

My mother and I really enjoyed sitting in the salons in the evening, reviewing our day's adventures, sipping from the honor bar. The surroundings, the graceful style of it all, the ready but unobtrusive service, all made our stay as wonderful as could ever have been expected.

Undoubtedly expensive, but worth every penny if you value a good hotel as part of your travel experience.

Room Tip: Corner room for big windows on two sides!