“An absolute gem”

Villa Spalletti Trivelli
Ranked #9 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Our last stop on our two-week Italian trip was the Villa Spalletti Trivelli. What a gem. This lovely Villa has 12 or 14 suites. Ours had a very large bedroom, separate bathroom and a separate office. Our room also looked out over the Villa’s private garden. This was the perfect base from which to visit all of Rome’s sites, no more than a 15 minute walk anywhere (except the Vatican).

The room rate also came with a very nice breakfast, unlimited mini bar and afternoon/evening cocktails. This hotel was by far the most reasonably priced of all of the hotels we visited on our trip. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone.

I’d like to put in a plug for a local restaurant, Rinaldi al Quirinale www.rinaldialquirinale.com. Another couple we met at the hotel recommended it to us highly (in fact eating having eaten at the restaurant three nights in a row!) It is just around the corner from the Villa. My wife actually walked down to the restaurant on our second to last night in Rome after I had “hit the wall” and decided to take a brief nap. A short while later I was certainly surprised to find one of the restaurant’s waiters at my door with a tray of food. He had walked up the hill with my “to go” order! We ate dinner at this restaurant again the next night and had a great time. The entire staff greeted my wife who had remembered her from the night before and they kept us entertained the rest of the evening.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MikeN_Omaha

Reviewed 23 July 2011

This is an outstandingly beautiful and quiet hotel with spacious and very comfortable rooms. Stunning common areas open to all guests. Great location for sightseeing. Some nice touches such as free mini bar in rooms and free cocktail bar in the lounge area. One point to note that they do not have a fully functioning restaurant, only cold food is available. Also, it possible to get significant reductions on the rack rates. The staff were friendly and helpful, on our last day we were leaving very early before breakfast began so they provided little breakfast bags for each of us to take to the airport. Expensive but worth every euro, we will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank Marcopolo2088
Reviewed 20 July 2011

It's unusual for me to write a hotel review, but this excellent hotel deserves a mention. We travel frequently in Europe and often with our children (12 & 14). We booked a suite for the 4 of us which turned out to be 2 large beautiful bedrooms with amazing bathrooms (awesome bath products) and an interior hallway. The kids loved the free mini-bar (not a big deal but nice) and we loved having a glass of champagne out the back before going to dinner. The staff at the front desk were helpful with dinner recommendations. This was really an oasis in the middle of hot and busy Rome. We slept better here than anywhere else during our 3 weeks of travel. Absolutely worth the price.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jjames34
Reviewed 3 July 2011

We recently stayed at Villa Spalletti while celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We loved this hotel. We are used to large luxury hotels in the states so the transition to a smaller hotel made us nervous. However, the staff of the hotel made our stay wonderful. Our room was a very nice size with EXCELLENT airconditioning. The bathroom was totally modern and luxurious. It was almost as big as the bedroom. The staff helped us with all arrangements for tours, dinners, taxis, etc. after we arrived. The internet connection was wired but it worked perfectly.

The location is one of the best things for this hotel. It is on a quiet secluded street across from a park so there is NO street noise. You only hear birds at night! However, you are one block from a major street and within easy walking distance from ancient Rome, Spanish steps and shopping area, Piazza Navona, and the Pantheon (although we consider an easy walk being less than 15 minutes - we did a TON of walking in Rome as it is a very large city).

The only concern we had was trying to communicate with the hotel before going. For some reason, they couldn't email us and we had to call to confirm everything. That made me worried about their internet and I almost cancelled. I am so happy I didn't. We traveled all through Italy and this was our favorite hotel. I also read some reviews that said the staff couldn't speak English. This simply wasn't true. We speak no Italian and had no trouble communicating with the staff. They also have a WONDERFUL breakfast and in the evenings you can help yourself to free cocktails or wine and sit in the garden to unwind after a busy day of touring before going to bed. It was awesome. I would definitely recommend Villa Spalletti!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank PKARRA-Vacationers
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I stayed with my wife and son in this very beautiful small hotel during the last week of May. Its a truly cosy luxurious experience and there are enough good reviews already by previous travellers - I agree with most of them. The location is amazingly central. the private gardens are amazing and there is a feeling of exclusiveness as soon as you enter the villa. The breakfast is wonderful.

Having said all these, I need to point out the areas for improvement. A standard facility of a tea/ coffe maker in the room is absent - I do believe this is a simple miss and I am sure the hotel will correct it soon. But what makes it a bit irritating is an additional room service fee of eur 15 for a eur 3 cup of tea for such a small property !!! At the tariffs that this hotel charges, I dont think this room service fee is a significant revenue stream and should be dropped.

So is the absence of an iron with ironing board in the room - trivial stuff but one expects flawlessness from such an expensive property.

I will however recommend this hotel as a truly one in a million experience if you can afford it...

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank sen_gypsy
Reviewed 31 May 2011

We stayed at the Villa Spalletti Trivelli for four nights over Easter. Rome was mobbed, and it was wonderful to have the elegance and quiet of this hotel to return to at the end of the day. They have thought of every possible comfort, and they accommodate every request. Your minifridge has complimentary alcohol, soft drinks, and snacks. The breakfast is a huge buffet of possibilities in a high-ceilinged room, with staff very attentive. Our room was quiet, our bathroom huge. It rained, but we did walk around the garden, where it would be very pleasant to sit. The neighborhood is quiet and safe. This is 5-star accommodations.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank triptravelBerkeley
Reviewed 29 May 2011

I have been to Rome several times during my life, stayed at various hotels.
Found Spalletti Travelli on Trip Advisor. Glad the Guide Books haven't discovered it yet or we would never have gotten a reservation.
If you are prepared to pay for comfort, service, space, quiet and ambience, look no further.
Cannot imagine anything lovelier in Rome than this authentic aristocratic family villa with beautiful garden and spa, next to the Presidential Palace (former home of the Popes).
Even the taxi drivers do not know it; just tell them to go to the Piazza Quirinale.
If I am fortunate to return to Rome I would not think of staying any place else

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple