My daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights in July. I felt like a pampered baroness at her private home. There are 3 very large drawing rooms on the main floor in addition to a beautiful dining room, where breakfast is served. The drawing rooms have lovely tapestries and comfortable couches, books and photos of the family that once owned this palatial residence. The garden behind the villa has two areas--one with tables for eating breakfast or a light dinner, and the other with comfortable cushioned couches for enjoying a drink or reading. Our room (number 7) overlooked the garden. A corner room, the French-style windows, opened up during the day to the sunlight and had shutters that slid out from the walls to block out early morning light. I am a frequent traveller, and I am very picky about the hotels that I stay in. This was unlike anywhere I have stayed for several reasons: The refrigerator in the room is stocked with miniature bottles of liquor, all of which are free. In the evening a sideboard in one of the drawing rooms is set with Prosecco, ice and every other liquor you could want. You just help yourself and settle into one of the chairs in the garden or inside.
In the morning we went down to breakfast in the beautiful dining room with the doors open to the garden. There were trays of meats and cheeses, jams and pastries, many juices, yogurt and pudding, delicious coffee and teas.
When you arrive at VST, you will ring a doorbell set into a small brass plate. Someone promptly opens the door to let you in. The hotel is quiet and private, extraordinarily beautiful and convenient to all sites. We walked to everything, never needing a cab.
What a delightful place! You would never imagine you were in a hotel. Just extraordinary in every way!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The urban Villa of the Spalletti Trivelli Counts rediscovers its vocation as host of business and leisure travelers, connoisseurs of art and wellbeing. In the heart of Rome, Villa Spalletti Trivelli is unique among the historic residences: a splendid Italian garden, elegant and refined environments furnished with genuine antiques, exclusive energy bar, sumptuous rooms with every comfort... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Villa Spalletti Trivelli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Spalletti Trivelli Hotel Rome
- Spalletti Trivelli Rome
- Spalletti Trivelli Hotel Rome