“Feel as an Italian noble in this "palazzo"”

Villa Spalletti Trivelli
Ranked #4 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Campinas, SP
“Feel as an Italian noble in this "palazzo"”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The exterior does not tell you very much about you are going to see inside. Every space in the building is special. From the breakfast room with a garden adjoin, to the library where you can have an afternoon tea or drink, all are set up as they were in the past. When you reach your suite, you will enjoy the comfort of the set up and space available. A word of caution, the windows can block the light so efficiently that you can oversleep and lose precious hours of walking around Rome. The service is discrete and efficient making you feel at home. An excellent choice.

Room Tip: Although all rooms are good, ask for one facing the internal garden other than the street.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank sicilian45

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
Chevy Chase, Maryland
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights in July. I felt like a pampered baroness at her private home. There are 3 very large drawing rooms on the main floor in addition to a beautiful dining room, where breakfast is served. The drawing rooms have lovely tapestries and comfortable couches, books and photos of the family that once owned this palatial residence. The garden behind the villa has two areas--one with tables for eating breakfast or a light dinner, and the other with comfortable cushioned couches for enjoying a drink or reading. Our room (number 7) overlooked the garden. A corner room, the French-style windows, opened up during the day to the sunlight and had shutters that slid out from the walls to block out early morning light. I am a frequent traveller, and I am very picky about the hotels that I stay in. This was unlike anywhere I have stayed for several reasons: The refrigerator in the room is stocked with miniature bottles of liquor, all of which are free. In the evening a sideboard in one of the drawing rooms is set with Prosecco, ice and every other liquor you could want. You just help yourself and settle into one of the chairs in the garden or inside.
In the morning we went down to breakfast in the beautiful dining room with the doors open to the garden. There were trays of meats and cheeses, jams and pastries, many juices, yogurt and pudding, delicious coffee and teas.
When you arrive at VST, you will ring a doorbell set into a small brass plate. Someone promptly opens the door to let you in. The hotel is quiet and private, extraordinarily beautiful and convenient to all sites. We walked to everything, never needing a cab.
What a delightful place! You would never imagine you were in a hotel. Just extraordinary in every way!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back overlooking the garden. The front rooms overlook a quiet park, but I am...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank fieldmom
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Our last stop on our two-week Italian trip was the Villa Spalletti Trivelli. What a gem. This lovely Villa has 12 or 14 suites. Ours had a very large bedroom, separate bathroom and a separate office. Our room also looked out over the Villa’s private garden. This was the perfect base from which to visit all of Rome’s sites, no more than a 15 minute walk anywhere (except the Vatican).

The room rate also came with a very nice breakfast, unlimited mini bar and afternoon/evening cocktails. This hotel was by far the most reasonably priced of all of the hotels we visited on our trip. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone.

I’d like to put in a plug for a local restaurant, Rinaldi al Quirinale www.rinaldialquirinale.com. Another couple we met at the hotel recommended it to us highly (in fact eating having eaten at the restaurant three nights in a row!) It is just around the corner from the Villa. My wife actually walked down to the restaurant on our second to last night in Rome after I had “hit the wall” and decided to take a brief nap. A short while later I was certainly surprised to find one of the restaurant’s waiters at my door with a tray of food. He had walked up the hill with my “to go” order! We ate dinner at this restaurant again the next night and had a great time. The entire staff greeted my wife who had remembered her from the night before and they kept us entertained the rest of the evening.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank MikeN_Omaha
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 July 2011

This is an outstandingly beautiful and quiet hotel with spacious and very comfortable rooms. Stunning common areas open to all guests. Great location for sightseeing. Some nice touches such as free mini bar in rooms and free cocktail bar in the lounge area. One point to note that they do not have a fully functioning restaurant, only cold food is available. Also, it possible to get significant reductions on the rack rates. The staff were friendly and helpful, on our last day we were leaving very early before breakfast began so they provided little breakfast bags for each of us to take to the airport. Expensive but worth every euro, we will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank Marcopolo2088
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2011

It's unusual for me to write a hotel review, but this excellent hotel deserves a mention. We travel frequently in Europe and often with our children (12 & 14). We booked a suite for the 4 of us which turned out to be 2 large beautiful bedrooms with amazing bathrooms (awesome bath products) and an interior hallway. The kids loved the free mini-bar (not a big deal but nice) and we loved having a glass of champagne out the back before going to dinner. The staff at the front desk were helpful with dinner recommendations. This was really an oasis in the middle of hot and busy Rome. We slept better here than anywhere else during our 3 weeks of travel. Absolutely worth the price.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jjames34
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 July 2011

We recently stayed at Villa Spalletti while celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We loved this hotel. We are used to large luxury hotels in the states so the transition to a smaller hotel made us nervous. However, the staff of the hotel made our stay wonderful. Our room was a very nice size with EXCELLENT airconditioning. The bathroom was totally modern and luxurious. It was almost as big as the bedroom. The staff helped us with all arrangements for tours, dinners, taxis, etc. after we arrived. The internet connection was wired but it worked perfectly.

The location is one of the best things for this hotel. It is on a quiet secluded street across from a park so there is NO street noise. You only hear birds at night! However, you are one block from a major street and within easy walking distance from ancient Rome, Spanish steps and shopping area, Piazza Navona, and the Pantheon (although we consider an easy walk being less than 15 minutes - we did a TON of walking in Rome as it is a very large city).

The only concern we had was trying to communicate with the hotel before going. For some reason, they couldn't email us and we had to call to confirm everything. That made me worried about their internet and I almost cancelled. I am so happy I didn't. We traveled all through Italy and this was our favorite hotel. I also read some reviews that said the staff couldn't speak English. This simply wasn't true. We speak no Italian and had no trouble communicating with the staff. They also have a WONDERFUL breakfast and in the evenings you can help yourself to free cocktails or wine and sit in the garden to unwind after a busy day of touring before going to bed. It was awesome. I would definitely recommend Villa Spalletti!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank PKARRA-Vacationers
Mumbai
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I stayed with my wife and son in this very beautiful small hotel during the last week of May. Its a truly cosy luxurious experience and there are enough good reviews already by previous travellers - I agree with most of them. The location is amazingly central. the private gardens are amazing and there is a feeling of exclusiveness as soon as you enter the villa. The breakfast is wonderful.

Having said all these, I need to point out the areas for improvement. A standard facility of a tea/ coffe maker in the room is absent - I do believe this is a simple miss and I am sure the hotel will correct it soon. But what makes it a bit irritating is an additional room service fee of eur 15 for a eur 3 cup of tea for such a small property !!! At the tariffs that this hotel charges, I dont think this room service fee is a significant revenue stream and should be dropped.

So is the absence of an iron with ironing board in the room - trivial stuff but one expects flawlessness from such an expensive property.

I will however recommend this hotel as a truly one in a million experience if you can afford it...

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family