“Peacefull in Rome”

Villa Spalletti Trivelli
Ranked #15 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed 6 nights in Rome at two different hotels. (the Intercontinental does not rate a review) Make no mistake during high season Rome is very crowded, is always loud and rarely offers pure relaxation. This hotel makes the world melt away. The location, the beautiful rooms, the architecture, the spa, the grounds, gardens and roof top would qualify the Villa with a 5 star rating. But I must say that the service around the clock is the real reason to stay. Every question answered, every reservation made, every request satisfied, simply we never heard the word no...
The assistance we received via email prior to arrival was invaluable, we did not miss any of our top 10 must "do's" and we never waited in a line. Thank you very much, it was our first time in Rome.

Room Tip: Note: the spa hours are short and request a room facing the internal court yard.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jr k
There are newer reviews for Villa Spalletti Trivelli

Reviewed 29 September 2013

How many superlative words exist, because I must retrieve them all from my vocabulary bank to describe Villa Spalletti Trivelli. And in fact, I'm not sure how much I can add to the reviews that have already been written, that has not already been said - but, I will try! When you arrive, you will find a classic understated historical building, in a residential off-the-main-road neighborhood, with only a small bronze plaque to the outside of the front door identifying Villa Spalletti. You must ring the doorbell to be admitted. When your host answers your ring, you will be entering an historically significant building that has been completely redone - from what I read, it took the owners three years to restore and renovate the villa to transform it to the gem that it is today. The library, which is associated with the Ministry of National Heritage and Culture, is a beautiful and calm place to read, relax, absorb the classic ambiance. Stately, elegant, posh - historical yet modern - furnished with original antiques, period touches and pieces - the absolute perfect mix of historic authenticity with every modern convenience you could imagine, and many that you could not have dreamed of. The service is understated first class urbanity. There is no request too large or too small, though there is little to request, as they have thought of everything - from a gorgeous breakfast buffet, to a fully stocked and included in the fee mini-bar, to gratis cocktails in the evening in one of the several stunning first floor common areas, to a wine tasting from the vineyards owned by the estate, to towels of the plushest cotton and sheets of the finest linen. Beautiful original art adorns the walls; terrazzo tile and marble floors; grand Oriental rugs; original wood shutters at least 12 feet high that open up to the private gardens or to the outside street view. Our room, which was situated directly above the Villa entrance, had a private balcony - so lovely, to sit outside and watch the world below go by! Yes, this hotel personifies the term "boutique hotel", the standard against which all others must be judged.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 6, above the villa entrance, with a beautiful balcony that opens up to a view of t...
Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lexmiller
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Like being a guest in a British friends stately home. Great sized rooms and decor, and excellent spa and gym. personal and attentive service with unasked for extras, very unusual today. We invited friends for pre dinner drinks and they were blown away and wanted to switch from their (5 star) hotel. Great base for walking around rome, all major sites are accessible on foot.

Room Tip: book early
2  Thank combebelle
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Located in the heart of Roma, just a few minutes drive from the main train station, this grand villa is a fine example of boutique accommodation.
Our room was beautifully furnished, with the natural bath products and fully stocked minibar the stars of the show.
We happened to arrive the day the owner of the villa was holding a private wine tasting for guests... His Rossi was a fine drop! His family also produces a Bianco and olive oil.
Breakfast each morning was of the highest standard, with cooked eggs a complimentary addition... Other hotels please take note!
Location is very good... Walking distance to most of the main sites.
A gem in the heart of Roma.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank NikolaGuy
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We chose this hotel because of other reviews on Trip Advisor and it lived up to and beyond our expectations.
As other reviews have said you feel like you are living in somebody's home here. Villa Spalletti Trivelli is just the ultimate in luxury, everywhere you go in the Villa it is just sensational.
The location is excellent and so close to all the main tourist attractions.
The service from the staff is absolutely brilliant.
Breakfast, especially having it out in the garden was divine.
Also an extremely nice touch is that drinks from the mini bar and in the lounge are included in the price. It is lovely to come back after dinner and have an after dinner drink in the lounge before going to bed.
Overall this place is absolute luxury in the middle of Rome and should not be missed.

3  Thank warren d
Reviewed 12 September 2013

After a week in Tuscany and weary from traveling and family wedding festivities, we couldn't have landed at a more perfect hotel in Rome.

Ideally situated on a quiet, tree lined side street, it almost feels like we stumbled on a hidden hotel. Ring the front bell and you enter into a beautiful receiving area. The hotel (I am sorry that we didn't read on any of the history of the building) has the most beautiful and graceful staircases. We felt like we were welcomed into the home of an old friend. The staff was so friendly and courteous. Would you like a drink outside? Let us turn on some music for you. Need a restaurant recommendation or a tour, we have that covered (Yes, I realize all hotels offer these services but not with the personal attention that the staff exudes). There are three large (laaaarge) sitting areas to choose from to either have a cocktail from the complimentary cocktail bar or to read the paper. It is not often that The Economist is offered in the public spaces as well as the room. The outdoor garden area is so peaceful and beautiful, like a little private oasis in the middle of the city.

Our bedroom was perfect. We had a corner room (No.4) that has two large windows for added light. It was a large, well appointed room as was the marble bathroom. The interior design aspects worked in perfect harmony between the historical (and I am guessing original) 12 ft (I think) interior window shutters and yet the feel in the room of something more modern and sleek.

An easy walk to everything - the Victor Emmanuel, the Spanish Steps and Colosseum. The hotel made reservations for us at Nino's (delicious) right by the Spanish Steps and it was a leisurely 15 minute walk.

They offer a delightful breakfast with buffet and egg and pancake options. The buffalo mozzarella offered is worth the trip for breakfast if nothing else.

This is a quiet and sophisticated hotel and we cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Rome and cannot wait to return. Please spoil yourself and stay here. Though, one night (for us) was not nearly enough time.

Room Tip: Our corner room had the two windows which was nice, however, I suspect every room has its each indiv...
3  Thank KHootch
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I traveled from Venice to Florence to Tuscany to Umbria to celebrate my 40th birthday. I stayed in 5 star places along the entire journey and my final destination was Roma for 4 days which coincided with my birthday. Friends and family joined me and I cannot picture a better place to usher in this new era of my life. The attention to detail in this quaint, gorgeous hotel was unbelievable - everything is first class with all of the amenities of modern day. As you journey through Roma you feel the old world charm and when you return to Villa Spalletti you feel like you are staying with Aristocratic friends. I was welcomed in their gorgeous gardens with a glass of Prosecco and that was only the beginning of perfection. Everything is included - the mini-bar, the breakfasts and the bar in the beautiful main room always full of cold prosecco that you can enjoy in the gardens before you go out to have a taste of Italy. On my birthday - the staff made me a delicious and beautiful cake. We didn't tell them i was my birthday - they pulled it off my passport when I arrived...this is the attention to detail that comes from start to finish. It isn't inexpensive but if you want to splurge and do Roma right...Villa Spalletti is what's right. Try the poached eggs with bacon and a cappuccino to start your day in the gardens to get your wheels turning to explore Roma. I will be back to Roma for it's beauty, it's art, it's culture, it's food and wine and I will have no choice but to stay at Villa Spalletti again. There is no place quite like it....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends