All reviews garden suite drawing room public rooms free bar presidential palace complimentary minibar ring a bell trevi fountain common areas antique furniture heart of rome walk in closet glass of prosecco hotel experience our honeymoon beautiful hotel every evening
Reviewed 4 August 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in one of the large family suites this past week. As mentioned in prior postings, the service is excellent. For our family of three the accommodations were perfect. There was a bedroom with a king-size bed, a comfortable sofa bed in the living room, full kitchen with cooktop, oven, dishwasher, refrigerator, two full bathrooms, and also a nice size private patio with a seating area and separate dining table. On the first night, we ordered dinner, and were promptly served a delicious pasta meal outside on the patio The well-stocked complementary refreshments in the refrigerator were a welcome relief to the sweltering summer heat. The wifi worked well. Villa Spalletti Trivelli is conveniently located to many of the popular sites (e.g., mere minutes walk from Trevi), yet is located in a quiet neighborhood. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: See review. The apartments are great for families.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

In a bustling, hot city the Villa is an oasis of charm with a sweet staff always ready to help you. The hotel is magnificent with old world character yet every modern amenity. There is no substitute after baking in the Roman sun all day, walking miles touring the city, for sipping that gin and tonic (included), in the jacuzzi on the rooftop deck or relaxing with a cocktail in the parlor. The guest room was amazing, huge with a marble bath, breakfast is cooked to order in a beautiful room. The free mini bar was a priceless feature. Vacation is a million times better when u don't feel you are being nickle and dimed. There aren't enough words for how great this place is.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2017

where do i start, my holiday was supposed to finish in one of the best hotels rome has to offer, so my last day was supposed to be fantastic i wanted to relax in the nice terrace you have. drink some good beer and do some work on my computer.

I was quite surprised to hear that it was going to be a party for the owners daughter and son, i was told that the party would start at 18:30 so I thought i would just go upstairs and enjoy the hot tub, meanwhile the staff was checking on me every 10 minutes like i was not welcome to enjoy the terrace and i could see that the staff was very nervous to make everything ready for that evening party so i decided to leave as soon as the party started and even then some people were already there

The only reason i booked this hotel was so i can relax, if i would have wanted to go to a rooftop bar and party i would have booked a cheep room and just go to a rooftop bar and booked a crappy hotel room

This image and the video i am going to send you is hopefully going to show the management at the hotel what my relaxing vacation looked like

Now don't get me wrong, the hotel is beautiful, the staff was very nice, i would have given the hotel 2 stars but i decided to sent the hotel a e-mail to check what there reply was now it's been 7 days since that e-mail and no reply, i think that is the worst and shows that the management at the hotel are ignoring there guests complaints

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
7  Thank John m
Andrea85vst, Proprietario at Villa Spalletti Trivelli, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review that does not describe nor constructively criticise Villa Spalletti and it’s staff. It gives no assistance or tips to any other traveller but yourself. Nonetheless I will try to go through it clarifying point by point the content of the email you copied and pasted.

First of all I find it incredible when you say "Now don't get me wrong, the hotel is beautiful, the staff was very nice, i would have given the hotel 2 stars but i decided to sent the hotel a e-mail to check what there reply was now it's been 7 days since that e-mail and no reply"

You are casually forgetting to publicly state that we did address your complaint while you were still at the hotel. We simply did not do it via email but in person both during the evening and the next morning, when you walked down for breakfast and during your check-out. We did it through our Front Office Manager (who is indeed a very valuable member of the Management) apologizing if the event caused any distress or inconvenience and that we were happy to offer a dedicated discount on a future stay (as your current one was already prepaid). We thought this was a very customer oriented way of dealing with your complaint and to make it up to you for your bad luck in choosing to stay with us the only one night of the month where the Villa had an event happening. If you can think of anything more customer oriented than this please let me know.

I was personally on the rooftop from 5pm to 7pm setting up for the evening event (that was over by 12:30am and music off by 12am, so not sure where “party all night” came from) and you were happily (or at least it looked like it, but might be wrong) enjoying the hot tub under the gazebo and not one single member of my staff including myself ever came to bother you instead we tried to stay as far away as possible, as per my instructions, from the area you were in giving you as much space as possible despite We kindly advised all our guests, in due time and including you, that because of this event (to which all our guests are invited with free drinks and has nothing to ) the terrace would have closed at 5:30pm and despite this I don’t recall us sending you away or bothering you until you left at almost 7pm.

The vast majority of our guests choose to stay with us in order to relax and stay away from the crowds. We plan events at the hotel always keeping in mind our in house guests wellbeing and relaxation and this counts also for the rooftop terrace events. The event is strictly upon invitation only and the participants are only allowed on the rooftop, meaning that the rest of the 1500sqm common areas (2 drawing rooms, the library, the spa, the dining room and the 1000sqm gardens) are strictly for in house guests only. Our staff has been trained to also make sure that noise levels on the stairs are kept to a minimum.

Best Regards,

Andrea Spalletti Trivelli

Owner of Villa Spalletti Trivelli

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Wow, way to impress someone! I knew we were in for a treat but whoa, this place is not to be believed. It's the former residence of royalty--which is exactly how you are treated. The whole week went by in a dreamy blur.

First is the incredible location. It's on a beautifully quiet street, but you're just 2-3 minutes from the hustle and bustle. The staff are seasoned pros...they magically appear and then they disappear. Always smiling and very helpful. At such a fancy hotel I was expecting a whiff of snobbery, but it simply isn't there. When we ckd in we were told they upgraded our room. What?! So in we walk to Room #8, St Eustasio (??). Wow! It was airy and roomy. Big shuttered windows open to the back garden which is seriously out of a magazine. Back to the room, did I mention the walk in closet?! It's just past the mini bar--the one they replenish every day, gratis. The roof top terrace views are incredible and the nightly open bar (are you kidding me?!!) we're real easy to get used to. But that's not the jaw dropping part. You're in a palace. The common areas (not the right word) are gorgeous and decadent w big, fat couches and wall-sized tapestries hung behind them. The Library makes you want to pour yourself a cognac and light a cigar. And yet, somehow there's still this warm, cozy feeling about the place. Like you're at a friends house. But but nicer. Way nicer.

My husband and I had only just started our vacation. We still had 2 more cities to visit and already we knew there was no way another hotel would ever be as nice as the Villa Spalletti Trivelli.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnnMarieDave
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Villa Spalletti has always been the very definition of a luxury boutique hotel.

Unobtrusive but professional staff, large and well equipped suites, restful public spaces both indoors and out, all layered onto the rich, slightly palatial setting of a country villa, but set in the heart of Rome. This was our fourth stay at the Villa and just when we thought the experience couldn’t be topped, we fell in love with the ‘new’ rooftop hideaway.

Comfy sofas and chairs, an open bar, shady awnings and luxurious Jacuzzi’s tastefully all perched upon the roof of the Villa. This space became a mini oasis for us at the end of the very hot days of a Roman Summer, when the unheated pools called our name and made for a nice way to unwind from the day and recalibrate for the evening’s adventures. One tip is to come up here after you’ve been out for dinner and savour relaxing in one of the pools under the stars and reflect on just how lucky you are.

Highly recommended.