All reviewsgarden suitedrawing roompublic roomsfree barpresidential palacecomplimentary minibarring a belltrevi fountaincommon areasantique furnitureheart of romewalk in closetglass of proseccohotel experienceour honeymoonbeautiful hotelevery evening
Reviewed 11 November 2017

I've given this hotel five stars but with some hesitation as there are elements of the hotel that are not quite right and so it is given with a few caveats. We booked on a recommendation and also the price at the same was reasonable for their smaller rooms. I like quiet hotels in cities if possible and this seemed the best chance for that.

You arrive at the hotel unlike others at a closed door and you need to ring the bell. It is quiet. That's for sure, just two other guest to be seen. The first thing that strikes you is that the reception is quite makeshift. Wedged under the stairs and I think that this is to preserve the integrity of the building. While this is a hotel it could be a house again with a few hours rearrangement - the out the reception desk and computers etc and put in a large dining table rather than all the small tables and you have a very big family house. That is quite an interesting concept as it does feel like you are staying in a house on the scale of a hotel. This is underlined by the fact that the staff do not bother you, there is a free bar in the drawing room like the free minibar in the room. Basically you are left to get on with life. The fact that the door is shut also means that if you are not staying at the hotel its not open and so it is guests only.

To mention the very few negatives. the dining room is not big enough to seat all guests for breakfast and we had to wait as we came in at a busy time. The small room is great but not spacious as it appears on the website. Breakfast is all buffet - even coffee which I'm used to having brought to the table with hot milk. So you have a thermos of coffee on the side table which quickly runs out and no hot milk. They do bring you hot dishes.

The other negative I feel is that you feel a little bit detached here. While the staff here are really friendly and helpful I would not say that I actually felt really welcomed but that is probably my fault for the lack of Italian and also goes with the low key discrete service.

I think I would stay here if I was in Rome again. There are elements of this hotel that I would miss but I would stay in a larger room and come in a slightly warmer month when the garden was open for dining which would totally change the issue with breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SirGeorge61
Reviewed 6 November 2017

My wife and I spent three nights at Villa Spalletti Trivelli for our 25th wedding anniversary. The staff is amazing and is attentive to your every need. The breakfast has awesome. We would comeback to the property for a late afternoon drink and rest on the rooftop deck before heading out to dinner. It was a quiet oasis in a busy city. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank klefever
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We had an amazing weekend break in Villa Spaletti Trivelli. The hotel and team are outstanding and deliver a truly unique high quality / personal touch service. We stayed in a garden suite which was great, we would love to return again in summer and enjoy the outside terrace. Thank you.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Abcd10021
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Our second visit to the hotel confirmed to us that it was one of the most amazing places to stay we have ever visited. Beautiful rooms (only 14, as I recall), amazing common spaces, lovely garden and rooftop, excellent food, and, best of all, great service from the staff at all levels (thank you, Francesca). It is reason in itself to visit Rome. Lovely location as well. This should be your first choice when considering hotels in Rome.

Room Tip: All seem great.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank berkshireshomeowner
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We visited Rome on our 1 week Italy trip and stayed 2 nights at the beautiful palazzo. The once privately owned villa was reformed in 2004 to become a small luxurious hotel with only 12 rooms (if I am not mistaken..), you feel like entering the home of a Nobel family with book collections and private photos in the large living room where you can enjoy a glass of wine or Prosecco while observing the beautiful garden and of course chill in the garden. The palazzo seems like a quiet oasis in busy Rome, you are in walking distance to many landmarks and historic sites. Our room had a generous size of bathroom with separate shower and tub and even a walking closet. The bedding was luxurious and wonderful to sleep in. The breakfast buffet beautifully presented and eggs at your choice prepared. The hotel has a small spa (what we didn't visit) and gym. A big plus is also the private parking space they have on their property. We would always come back!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple