“I had a great stay at Matisse!”
Review of Matisse B&B

Matisse B&B
Ranked #1,653 of 3,709 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 July 2009

My favorite part of my stay at Matisse was the location and the friendly staff. It was right next to the train station and there was a bus stop to take me anywhere in Rome just down the street. There's also great shopping on the same street.
I was a little lost when I first got there so the girl at the front desk gave me a free tour of the city. She took me to the Spanish steps and the Trevi Fountain and she gave me a great recommendation for a restaurant.
The rooms were nice and clean and I would stay at Matisse again anytime.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Matisse B&B

Reviewed 22 July 2009

I had a great experience staying at the Matisse Bed and Breakfast. The customer service was great, we were able to check in very late (1am). The room was very clean and newly rennovated. As a frequent traveller to Rome, I would say that the location is very good, especially if arriving by train.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Thank you, Roberto, for the great stay in your B&B. Besides your knowledge helped us really to get along in Rome.
You were really nice to us.

Greetings,

Martin W.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2009

Roberto and his staff made our stay in Rome extraordinary, with a clean and charming bed and breakfast right in the heart of Rome. Roberto pointed us in the direction of affordable and authentic cuisine and helped us organize our excursions. He even helped us when we ended up back in Rome for a night unexpectedly. I would recommend it for an traveller looking for a simple, elegant and authentic stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2009

I stayed at the Matisse B&B during the end of June, when it was very hot and humid in Rome. The Matisse is a comfortable and calm place to retreat to after a busy day in Rome, and the air conditioner was most welcome. The Matisse B&B is in a good location, close to a Metro stop and the Termini station. The owner, Roberto, also recommended a restaurant that turned out to be very nice. Since I liked this hotel, I contacted them again on a return trip to Rome about 10 days later. Although it was with very short notice, Roberto found a room for me at his other property near the Colosseum.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2009

Property is beautiful and close to everything. It was a great stay, would definitely return!

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed 9 July 2009

Coming from Redmond, WA, this B & B was recomended to me by one of my best friends. The location of the Matisse was wonderful. During the day I was able to go see the Colosseum, the Trevi and it was real close the Terminal station so I was able to get around very easily.

Besides the location, the staff were also a great help. Being as this was my first time in Rome, the staff had a lot of books and maps that helped me get around the city. They were also very knowledgeable and were able to give me the locations of some awesome clubs.

Even though I was in a big city, I felt very safe at night and thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Matisse B&B

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business