“LOVE LOCATION!!”

Ranked #1,656 of 3,692 Rome B&B and Inns
Seattle
“LOVE LOCATION!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Being a recent college graduate and wanting to backpack all around Europe, I decided to treat myself to Matisse B&B on my last nights in Rome. When first arriving in Europe I called and made arrangements which were complicated since I didn't have a call back number or access to a phone, but upon call back a couple days later, the woman remembered me calling earlier and had worked out my stay. Upon arrival I was greeted and shown my room which was fairly nice. The location was amazing! It's in the heart of Rome and allowed me to go out early in the morning and take pictures of all the places I wanted to see and come back whenever I felt like it, since it was in such a centralized location. The bed was comfy as well and I slept amazing after my tours throughout the day. I had a great experience and I hope others do as well!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Innsbruck
Reviewed 30 July 2009

We enjoyed our stay in the Matisse B & B. Roberto and his staff were very friendly. The rooms are big and clean.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed 23 July 2009

In June 2009, my wife, my two teenage daughters, and I had a great stay at Matisse B&B. After two long flights from San Diego to Rome, we felt so invited by Matisse B&B team. Roberto (owner) was very accommodating and made us feel at home. We stayed at Coliseum location for four days. It was so great to just walk a few minutes and experience the Coliseum and ruins of Rome early in the morning or late at night, and always come back to very nice, clean, quiet, and air conditioned place to fully rest for the next day. The 24 hours breakfast and beverages was a plus. On the last day, Thanks to Roberto, his nice driver took us all from the hotel to our cruise ship for very reasonable price.
Matisse is the place to stay when you stay in Rome.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Reviewed 22 July 2009

My favorite part of my stay at Matisse was the location and the friendly staff. It was right next to the train station and there was a bus stop to take me anywhere in Rome just down the street. There's also great shopping on the same street.
I was a little lost when I first got there so the girl at the front desk gave me a free tour of the city. She took me to the Spanish steps and the Trevi Fountain and she gave me a great recommendation for a restaurant.
The rooms were nice and clean and I would stay at Matisse again anytime.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Venice
Reviewed 22 July 2009

I had a great experience staying at the Matisse Bed and Breakfast. The customer service was great, we were able to check in very late (1am). The room was very clean and newly rennovated. As a frequent traveller to Rome, I would say that the location is very good, especially if arriving by train.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
Germany
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Thank you, Roberto, for the great stay in your B&B. Besides your knowledge helped us really to get along in Rome.
You were really nice to us.

Greetings,

Martin W.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Boston
Reviewed 20 July 2009

Roberto and his staff made our stay in Rome extraordinary, with a clean and charming bed and breakfast right in the heart of Rome. Roberto pointed us in the direction of affordable and authentic cuisine and helped us organize our excursions. He even helped us when we ended up back in Rome for a night unexpectedly. I would recommend it for an traveller looking for a simple, elegant and authentic stay.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family