“The time of our life”
Review of Portrait Roma

Portrait Roma
Ranked #2 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I proposed to my fiancé on a surprise birthday/engagement trip. We both work a lot and I didn't have time to plan a nice trip after finding and ordering the ring. I got on trip advisor and found this beautiful hotel. It only has 14 rooms and they do not book for everyone. I came across Request Italy, a travel planner, in one of the reviews that I read. I contacted them and explained how I wanted to stay in the Portrait Suites and needed 4 days planned in Rome. . . and I'm planning to propose to my gluten-free girlfriend so could you also line up all of our restaurants and arrange for a photographer to capture the big proposal? Request Italy said no problem to everything and proceeded to make every moment of our trip stress free and wonderful.

The service at the Portrait Suites was the best I've ever had and the style was second to none. I would do it again.

And on top of all of that it snowed in Rome for the first time in 30 years!

Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Angel B
GianlucaVallerotonda, Rooms Division Manager at Portrait Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear Angel B,

Thank you very much to choose the Portrait Suites for such important event. Our top priority is to know what you like and/or need and provide it in order to give you exactly the kind of experience that you're looking for. We hope you will choose us again for your future happy events of your lives.

www.lungarnocollection.com

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I'm not sure where to begin so....I’ll start at the beginning! I have been to Rome at least 25 times. This trip was just my daughter (18th birthday trip) and me. I wanted something a little different and not as expensive as the places I normally stay. My friend suggested Portrait Suites-- I was very nervous to try something new!

The ONLY negative was the taxi driver who picked us up at the train station in Rome- He refused to drop us directly in front of the hotel. His response when i gave him the address was, "not possible, madam--too many people. I cannot drive there." We walked 2 blocks--which was annoying but fine. For future visits--either pre arrange with the hotel for a pick up or find a taxi driver not as difficult and temperamental as the one we had :)

Upon arrival at the hotel--which is perfectly located Via Bocca De Leone (directly off of Via Del Condotti)-- we were greeted by the duo of the charming and professional Roberto and Thomas.

After they showed us the beautiful hotel lobby, we were shown to our amazing duplex suite-- This is the type of room one sees in Architectural Digest! The bathroom was complete with a sauna, exercise bike, two beautiful marble sinks, separate bath and shower. The wood paneling was breathtaking--I would want it for my house!

This hotel truly felt as though we were guests in a close friend's exquisite mansion. The attention to detail was everywhere in both design and service.

The breakfast was delivered to our room on time and it was exactly as we asked. The hotel has a beautiful rooftop garden/terrace but the weather was a rainy in the morning.

Roberto and Thomas made all of our dinner reservations--they didn't mind when we made several last minute changes:)

In addition to the warm and hospitable nature of the hotel management--they went out of their way to accommodate me with some gluten free items I wanted to bring back home. Roberto went to the celiac store outside of the city and brought three huge boxes back to the hotel for me.

It's expensive but I plan to stay at Portrait Suites when I return to Rome this summer, no need to stay any where else! --Perfecto!

www.glutenfreeguy.com

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank linda f
Reviewed 18 April 2012

When my husband and I prepare to travel I wind up spending hours researching hotels, trying to find the perfect place for us to call home on our journey. As usual I found several top-end hotels to explore and, also typically, my husband winced at the thought of paying their rates. When pushed to explain myself regarding my desire to stay in such expensive hotels I paused and said, "for me the hotel sets the tone for the trip." He couldn't argue with that.
We had narrowed it down to two hotels: The Portrait Suites and another near by. There was something in the reviews, pictures, and descriptions of the Portrait Suites that kept pulling me in. I knew it's aesthetics were appealing to me and when the rates of the other hotel went up we booked our reservation at the Portrait Suites and I did a little happy dance.
When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by the on staff manager, given a tour, taken to the terrace, and shown to our room. The decor and amenities in the room were just right. The Portrait Suites is a hotel for today-they provide each room with an iPad that's been loaded with lists of restaurants that the staff has personally been to & they provide a charging station for all of your personal gadgets. Great shower. Comfortable bed. Yummy pillows. Tiny kitchen tucked into a cabinet. The hotel is situated in the center of an exceptionally busy and high-end shopping district 1 block from the base of the Spanish Steps. With the windows shut silence was all we heard.
The next morning we had our first breakfast on the roof top terrace. Wow! Now granted the weather was amazing but the terrace and the views from it were breathtaking. It was a little piece of paradise set amidst an absolutely beautiful backdrop of Rome. The food was great and the service impeccable. We took advantage of the terrace every evening, too-cocktails on the roof before dinner was a great way to cap our day.
We spoke with the manager about our plans for the day and asked for suggestions for dinner. He made some notes and hooked us up with a great neighborhood Trattoria that night. This same scene was played out over the next 4 days and each suggestion hit the mark.
I had expected the hotel and room to be fabulous but I hadn't given much thought to the hotel staff. Without a doubt the entire staff made our stay the exceptional experience that it was. Each and every person that worked at the Portrait Suites was helpful, positive, solicitous yet unobtrusive. I can't thank them enough.
We spent three weeks in Italy and stayed in some amazing hotels. Without a doubt our favorite was the Portrait suites. If you have the chance to stay there do it. You won't be dissapointed.

5  Thank Deb P

Dear Guest,

from the June 2006, when we open the Portrait Suites, we were on site with all the Lungarno Collection Team, in attempting to create a new hospitality space, where the needs of all of us, guests and employees, were taking in consideration.

Now, the Portrait Suites is part of the local neighborhood, enabling guests to delve into local experiences. From exploring the nightlife of Rome, to enjoying afternoon tea on our roof-top, we personalize your stay inside our hotel, and enrich your explorations outside of it.
The Lifestyle Team is always at your disposal, 24 hours , as well your personal Ambassador.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future for any assistance you may need to became our repeater guest.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

We just returned from our best hotel stay ever at the Portrait Suites in Rome. Upon arriving we were offered a cocktail and were then taken to the rooftop bar for some amazing views of Rome. The staff knew our names immediately upon arrival, and made you feel at home instantly. It really isn't a hotel but a very luxurious apartment house in the center of Rome. Our suite was spacious and very clean with every modern convenience at your finger tips. Unfortunately, we did not book our last night at the Portrait Suites and they were booked up, but they found us room on the same street near the Spanish Steps. We cannot say enough about our stay at the Portrait Suites. Thank you Rada and Franchesca and all of the staff for your help and kindness during our stay in Rome!

Room Tip: They are all good at the Portrait Suites
9  Thank Cort A

Dear Guest,

i wish to thank you on behalf of all the Portrait Suites Team.

We love to share our passion with all our guests, your words on Tripadvisor mean a lot for all of us.

I remain at your disposal, please do not hesitate to contact me directly to plan your future stay with us,

Reviewed 25 March 2012

The best hotel in Rome. They know your name upon arrival, and make you feel at home from the second you step foot on the property. The hotel is literally like having your own luxurious apartment building in the center of Rome.
The rooms are impecable. Not only are they clean, the decor is luxurious. Every amenity has been thought of.
The service is unparalleled. There's always someone present when you need them, but never intrusive.
The rooftop is the most amazing place to have your breakfast or evening cocktail.
I'll never stay anywhere else in Rome!

8  Thank Mickey K
GianlucaVallerotonda, Rooms Division Manager at Portrait Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear Guest,

We pride ourselves on creating a wonderful experience for our guests and we thank you for your feedback. I will make sure to share the great comments with the entire team. Your kind recognition will be very well received.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to Portrait Suites once again.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

I stayed at Portrait Suites for 6 nights in March. I have never had such a wonderful hotel experience. For me, the hotel was a splurge, but I'm so happy I stayed there because it truly made my stay in Rome marvelous. It's a very small hotel tucked away on a side street by the Spanish Steps. My room was spacious, beautifully decorated and comfortable in every way. The hotel is impeccably maintained and has a feel of luxury and style.

The primary reason for my love of the hotel was the attentive and warm staff under Gianluca, the lovely manager. Francesca and Francesco especially went above and beyond and were just an absolute pleasure to talk to each day. Everyone offered perfect attention to detail, terrific restaurant recommendations, and special suggestions for stops along whatever route I was taking. Honestly, I've never experienced anything like it. I typically keep to myself while traveling, but had no desire to on this trip because everyone was so caring and friendly. This is a very special hotel with a very special staff.

The roof space and the balcony of my room were wonderful escapes. Rome can be very tiring but the outdoor space at the hotel was a sanctuary allowing me to escape the bustle of the city. Perfect for breakfast, a drink, reading - it certainly made my stay more restful and comfortable.

I cannot wait to return to Rome and at Portrait Suites.

Karen

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
11  Thank knny

Dear Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Portrait Suites on TripAdvisor. I would also like to thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, and that the service is the best you have ever had. I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Portrait Suites in the very near future.

Gianluca vallerotonda

Reviewed 14 March 2012

We were looking forward to stay at this hotel since I read a lot about it and now I can say that it was one of the best places where I stayed. I travel a lot for work reasons, though this time I was just having a holiday with my husband, and I can say that I've never seen a place with people so attentive to our needs and rooms so well decorated. The hotel is part of the Ferragamo group and you soon realise it once you walk in. You can see amazing pictures and references to Salvatore Ferragamo's life on the walls and even in the rooms. We had big expectations after all we read about this hotel and I can say that they completely met them and actually they went even beyond that. The hotel is in a very central position and is small and cozy with an amazing terrace on the top floor where we had breakfast in the morning. The room was very big and we were absolutely surprised to find an ipad in our room that we could use for the whole stay to browse the internet for free, check the email and also read all the information pamphlets about restaurant suggestions, tours, events and services that the concierge loaded in the device. I could even print our boarding passes with a wifi printer right from my iphone and we also found a sort of universal charger for the phone that works for all different devices (samsung, lg, sony, iphone, etc.). Amazing! If we will come to Rome again, this is where we'll stay!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Lana L
GianlucaVallerotonda, Rooms Division Manager at Portrait Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience on your last stay. It is always a pleasure to hear such wonderful comments from our guests. I’m glad to hear you and your husband enjoyed our IPAD and the service you received from our lifestyle team.

We appreciate your loyalty to Portrait Suites and we certainly looking forward to welcoming you back .