We spent 7 nights in this place and we were quite skeptic about this place at first. Pictures looked lovely, but we were afraid what the reality is. Well, it was wonderful, clean beautiful and service was most of the time very good. We had a bungalow, that was very clean and cosy and its air condition was really good. The room went from sauna to nice cool room in couple of minutes. There wasn't room service. No-one cleaned the room while we were there, but it didn't bother us. New clean towels would have been nice though, because they were damp all the time. I don't know if we could have asked for new ones. We got hair drier from reception, whenever we needed one. Had to leave 20 euros, but we got it back when we returned the drier.
There was a minifridge that we stored our liquids and breakfast supplies. It was quite small though. We didn't have a kitchenette. There was a store you can buy pasta, bread, cheese, ham, water, soda, beer, water etc. You can also buy swimming caps. (you have to wear one in the swimming pool!) There is bigger and cheaper store in prima porta (left from the station). The hotel's restaurant was nice and service was good. Prices were okay. You can check the menu and prices on the website.
Service was okay, everyone except for the poolboy spoke english. And almost everybody were nice. We were treated really nice. Our drinks got bigger the more we spent money there. The restaurant was open only in the evening.
The major problem about this place is the location as everyone brings out. We went to Rome every day except for one. It takes about 45 min to get to Rome. 10 min on shuttle bus. 20 min on the train to Flaminio. Then metro or bus where-ever you're going. And remember the changing time. We were there in the summer so it was extremely hot all the time. It would have been nice to go out in the morning and in the evening and have siesta in the middle, but that wasn't really an option because of the remote location. The shuttle bus goes to prima porta 9, 10, 11, 17.30, 19.30 and 21 and from prima porta 9.15, 10.15, 11.15, 18, 20 and 21.30. On our first day we were in prima porta couple hours too early but when I called the reception they sent us the driver. But I thinks this was sort of one time thing.
There is local bus 303 that leaves near the hotel to prima porta (and back) every 40 minutes from 7-19. We found out about this on our last day, so we used it only once. For some reason the hotel doesn't advertise this more... You can use it when the shuttle bus isn't driving. The route is about 30 min and hotel's stop is in the middle, so it takes about 15 minutes. (You can count when the bus will be on the stop: 7.15, 7.55, 8.35...)
Well, this place was nice, quiet, beautiful and quite cheap. We probably wouldn't go back there, because the location was bit inconvenient. But it was nice to come back after long day of sight seeing to the hotel whit pool and quiet, cool room. If you are thinking of staying here consider the location before booking but if you choose to stay here you will enjoy your stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Shuttle Bus from Happy Camping to the nearby Metro station of Prima Porta, which allows to reach the old city center (Piazzale Flaminio) in just 18 minutes. Completely new bungalow with or without bathroom with or without kitchen. All with small private garden. Swimming pool for adults with fully equipped solarium + supervised swimming pool for children (open from May to September). Bar with porch and T.V. room, market, pizzeria and panoramic restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Happy Village & Camping reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Happy Village & Camping Hotel Rome
- Happy Village And Camping