Just returned from a week at The Happy Village and can't speak highly enough of it. Situated in a lovely bit of countryside, we booked a transfer for ease via suntransfers.com at £40.
We rented a bungalow/chalet for two adults and one child, we had a double room, bathroom and bedroom that would sleep three. It was basic but clean and comfortable giving us a great base to explore rome from whilst providing the option to relax away from the city's hustle bustle at the lovely pool and restaurant. Next time I think we'd opt for the more expensive option simply to have access to a kitchen and lounge area.
If you go expecting a 4* spa you'll return disappointed. Let's be honest, this is basic accommodation but they do it so well.
Cannot speak highly enough of the staff, very friendly and happy to do anything to make your stay a good one. The mini bus to the local train station to Rome is a great touch and runs until around 10pm, it was never late and reception will provide you with a timetable on arrival for all your transport needs.
Food at the restaurant is decent, basic Italian stuff and fairly priced with good service. You might need some entertainment for any young children as there is only so far table tennis goes! The pool is lovely and clean, never too busy and a day on the sun lounger shaded by a parasol is a great reward after traipsing around Rome.
Thanks to everyone at The Happy Village for making our week as good as it was, we'd certainly return to stay once again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Shuttle Bus from Happy Camping to the nearby Metro station of Prima Porta, which allows to reach the old city center (Piazzale Flaminio) in just 18 minutes. Completely new bungalow with or without bathroom with or without kitchen. All with small private garden. Swimming pool for adults with fully equipped solarium + supervised swimming pool for children (open from May to September). Bar with porch and T.V. room, market, pizzeria and panoramic restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Happy Village & Camping reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Happy Village And Camping
- Happy Village & Camping Hotel Rome