“Very high standard of room”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Opera Hotel

The Opera Hotel
Ranked #715 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
London, United Kingdom
“Very high standard of room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Very narrow corridors and lift but all interior is to a very high standard. The breakfast was good. Very central in Rome and we could walk to everything we wanted to see.
Would recommend to anyone that wants a nice hotel.
Just remember the tourist tax in Italy is payed extra.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Andri486

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

This hotel was right on one of the main roads so within walking distance to many sights...Colosseum, Spanish steps, Roman Forum,etc. We had a room right on the main road and while noisy we loved it! To be able to open the doors and have a great view & watch people, traffic, felt very Italian! The room was small, but clean. The bed was comfortable as well. Staff was friendly and helpful even with language barrier. Breakfast on the terrace on the top floor was a nice addition, Just a very quaint place. As long as you don't mind the smaller space.We are just there to sleep & shower in a clean place. With being in walking distance to everything makes the world of difference.

Room Tip: If you mind the noise ask for a bedroom off the main road. Myself I wouldn't have given up the e...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Loved the style and service of this boutique hotel. Hotel needs some updates. Had problems with plumbing and air conditioner but was given an upgrade right away with no problem. Beautiful breakfast on top floor terrace. Staff very friendly and multilingual. Rates were approximately €90-100 per night which wasn't bad considering last minute booking in the height of tourist season and the location was fabulous, everything within walking distance or taxi ride. Located on a main thoroughfare. Would stay again when in Rome and would recommend to friends.

• Stayed July 2013
Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

Me and my adult son stayed here one night when we were watching football. The hotel's location is perfect, close and walking distance to most attractions. However, lies in a busy street in central Rome, try to get a room not facing the street if you want to have the window open.

Otherwise the hotel is quite small, there is no common throughout areas or lobby. The bar and restaurant are also missing but a cozy little breakfast terrace is covered on the roof and there they serve a simple but tasty breakfast. Our room was of average size for being in Rome, in another country I would probably have called it small. The toilet and shower, however, was spacious and decently clean The hugely ill-equipped mini-bar was broken so it did not matter that there were only three bottles in it.

Overall experience is for me an okay hotel for a few nights with a plus for breakfast and location. I think that the price is slightly on the high side for what you get.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

I booked this hotel for 3 nights as a female solo traveler. When I got to the hotel a day later than planned I was told "You don't have a reservation." I then showed the concierge the printout of my confirmed reservation and was told "We booked your room for someone else”. She called the manager -who was not on the premise at 4'o clock in the afternoon -asking what to do. She then tried to place the blame on me saying "You should have called " I explained to her that US phones don’t work internationally. I asked her why would my room be booked for someone else if I never called and cancelled this is NOT listed as part of your policy anywhere on your website. I got no answer. I was told "I'm sorry for the inconvenience you won't be charged any fee as it was a booking issue" When I checked my bank statement - I was charged an $188 fee for a hotel that had no room for me when I arrived and that I never stayed in. If you’re looking for a hotel with a reasonable and sound policy stay elsewhere!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
8 Thank Nerissa T
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

We were nicely surprised by the modern interior and spacy rooms of this hotel and its terrace breakfast. The stuff was very friendly especially the lady that was serving the breakfast (her cappuccino was simply delicious).
Hotel is situated on a walking distance from the major sights but for Vatican, to get there we took a bus N 64 from Repubblica stop (2 minuts from the hotel).
We found this hotel excellent value for money especially because booking direcly from their website saved us around 20 euros per night.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

Superb location. Problems with our room on first night (double rather than twin - and small at that) but staff were extremely helpful and we moved rooms for the rest of our stay - great. Kept very clean, towels changed daily.

Breakfast was limited but enough to keep you going. Hot drinks were via a machine and drinks tended not to be very hot - but hey, we could live with that.

All staff were helpful. I would go back.

Good value for money.

Room Tip: I would request a large room.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends