“OK mid-level hotel with pointless breakfast”
Review of Ibis Roma Fiera

Ibis Roma Fiera
Ranked #462 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Location & transportation - it's quite far away from city centre (appr 30-40min by bus). There is bus stop 200m from hotel but I didn't use it as one fellow traveler said there is no direct connection with city centre and you have to use bus-train-bus to get to Rome.
Instead of that I used Marriott Park shuttle (this hotel is located appr 1km up to the hill) what was 6EUR one-way and 10EUR round-trip. Departure was in every 2 hours.
Room (no 514 on top-floor) - simple and ascetic but I didn't expected more as I only spent nights (arrived in midnight and left early in the morning) there. Double bed was quite a hard but it didn't bothered me. Bathroom was clean and had shower.
Facilities & service - check-in people were quick and friendly and spoke good english. In the lobby was computer for common use. Wifi was for extra fee but it was only 2EUR per day.
Breakfast - I ordered breakfast additionally to my booking. I read some reviews before to find out is it worth to take the breakfast or not. Some were satisfied and some grumbled about dirty dishes.
Fortunately I didn't experienced dirty dishes but I experienced quite a pointless breakfast. I paid 8,50EUR for that and it was not worth of it. For drink there were 3 kind of juice, milk, water, coffee. And food was 1 kind of ham, 1 kind of sousage slices, 1 kind of cheese, boiled egg, some fruits and yoghurt.
What disturbed me most was that they had no butter. Every morning when I asked that they searched a little bit and said that there is no more butter. So I didn't understand if they had it early morning or not. So I had to make my sandwich without that butter.
For dessert there were 2-3kind of croissants but as I'm not used to eat sweets for morning I didn't try them.

All in all:
I'm not sure if I visit this hotel anymore because the location is too far from city centre but as I had conference in neighbour hotel Marriott I had to be there.
But if there is no other good options I'd suggest it. Only please find other place to have breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,176)

Reviewed 28 April 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The hotel was fairly good in many terms. But the breakfast was very limited and basic, you are ın Italy and there's no olive in breakfast! And moreover the dishes were put immediately after being taken from the dishwasher,without checked, so we were to see the dirt on them. The reception staff was helpful and kind, the rooms were clean . Stay here but eat out!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
An Accor traveller
Venice, Italy
Reviewed 1 March 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I chose Ibis Hotel during my Euro tour last November (I stayed in 5 different Ibis Hotels). In this hotel, the food was great, the staff were courteous and helpful, the room size was just right but the bed, which was supposed to be a twin-sized bed, was actually a two (2) single-sized bed joined together. The beds moved apart when I positioned myself centrally, it will be too small for me if i'll stay on one side, so I requested for a "real" twin-sized bed but the staff, who was so honest, informed me that they don't have a "twin-sized bed".

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank jojolayon
A TripAdvisor Member
'sHertogenbosch
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Free internet in the room should be provided. Even if the cost of internet is included in the room rent. Having to buy internet at counter makes it little strange feeling. Apart from that, the service was excellent, very helpful and co-operative employees.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
STEMARO, Direttore at Ibis Roma Fiera, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2012

Dear Guest,

We received your feelings refering your stay at Ibis Hotel in Rome, and we thanks a lot to send us your impressions about the service
It's important to be informed about comments of guests to improve the service.
I wil inform my staff also, and we hope to welcome again in the future.
Our best regards.

Hotel Ibis Roma Fiera
Stefano Mucci

Reviewed 9 November 2011

I had to be in Civitavecchia the next day but I chose to stay at this hotel near Fiumicino airport simply because I normally use the Ibis group and am 100% satisfied with them.
They are much more comfortable and reliable than some unknown local hotels. The only drawback with this one is that it lies about 7 miles from the airport and there is no public transport and taxis in Rome are very expensive as 7 miles cost approx Eur 25.00
I wish they had their own shuttle and I wouldn't mind to pay like Eur 10 o/w to use it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business