“Absolute con!!!”

Happy Holiday Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3,121 of 3,721 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 November 2013

When I originally stayed at the B&B it was a great stay and I had nothing bad to stay about it. It was an excellent location and the room was clean. However the horrific ordeal only occurred a few months afterwards when they decided to STEAL (as there is no other word for it) just over £1500 from my bank account for no good reason (as has been proven). Thankfully, my bank are incredible and managed to get the money back through the appropriate authorities, though it has almost taken a year.

Since this has occurred I have done my research and I'm afraid I am not the first person this has happened to and many others have not been as lucky as I have been. I partly am nervous for the people who have visited recently and have written good reviews as this is how I originally felt. If you must stay here, I advice you to take caution.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank HKD22

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Old building charm and authentic Italian living if you like to encounter your host in private flat. Breakfast served in adjacent cafe, no choices, just coffee and a croissant.
Shared bathroom not really up to date.

Room Tip: rather something for individualists
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Got here after trecking it from another location with lots of luggage. The owner said he was fully booked & tried to contact us which is a load of crap. Expedia said it was confirmed they only gave me a $50 voucher for compensation. I had to rebook at a crap hotel due to the weekend was not happy with my experience in Rome at all its a hole!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Monique T
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed there with my mom for two nights. Good location, close to metro and even closer to the bus stop from where you can easily reach the centre. We had RomaPass so it was a good solution for us. the rooms are really pretty, beds are new and comfortable. The owner is really nice and caring. Every morning we found fresh brioche for breakfast!!! Also te B&B was not too expensive.
I recommend this place!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We booked a room online. The owner cancelled the booking 2 days before our arrival. (Looking at the other reviews, we were not the only ones to experience this. Probably the guy cancels in the last minute because he finds someone else who is willing to pay more for the room.) The guy was not reachable buy phone, only communicates via sms. Eventually we had to look for an other place to stay. Just stay away from this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ecneb
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I and my friends book the hotel a couple month before actual arrival in April.
On the arrival 2 of my friends were there and they were relocated to anther house (not even a hostel!) out of town without explanation so they decided not to stay there with the owner accept it. I and anther 2 friends arrive at late night and just direct to the hotel without contact our friends who arrive earlier (well we dont have any idea if it become a horrible place!).
At the end we manage to get another B&B hotel with our friends and just discover later that the owner of B&B Happy Holiday charge us full 4 night for 5 persons! We took 3 months to refund from our bank to discover 6 months later that the owner charge us again for 4 times higher than last year! Avoid this place!!!! I don't know why it kept good review but truly it's a scam! Cheated! horrible!!!! AVOID THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Kasama V
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I don't know how this place has so many positive reviews. I planned on staying there with a few friends at the end of October. I put down my deposit, and we were halfway through a fifteen hour train ride there when we happened to find wifi and find a poorly constructed email telling us the B&B had been booked for weeks and they would refund our deposit. They never refunded the deposit, I ended up having to protest through my bank to get the money back.

I was quite put off by the situation at the time, but we found other accommodation, and I just summed the whole situation up to poor reservation management. However, I recently found a massive amount of fraudulent charges posted under the name "Happy Holidays B&B". I am now convinced I have been scammed. Be wary of staying here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends