“Great place to stay for the reasonable money”

Happy Holiday Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3,113 of 3,711 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This is a great place to stay if you want to visit Roma and not pay extremely high orice.Damiano is a very friendly host who made sure a day prior our arrival the time when we would come.The place is located in the great location with the short walk to Colloseum. After getting there Damiano provided us with the map including the excellent tips where to go and where is worth to eat. I strongly recommend Luzzi on the way to Colloseum- great food for the good money!
The room number 7,where we stayed, was very small but it is definitely the quitest one as the windows are faced on the backyard.What is definitely a big advantage of staying in this place is very good breakfast with fresh baked croissants provided by Damiano every day and the fact that we could use the kitchen any time as we wished. On the last day when we were about to leave we could leave our luggage in our room till 6 pm with no additional price which I think was very nice.I strongly recommend this place!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dagutek2
There are newer reviews for Happy Holiday Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We had a great stay at the bed and breakfast! After a warm welcoming by Damiano and Laura we were given a city map with all important places to visit and loads of information. The room was very big and for the money we payed absolutely okay. We got fresh towels several times and could have probably asked for the them on a daily basis but wanted to save water and detergent. The bathroom was cleaned daily as was the kitchen (which we could also use for cooking btw). Also we could use the coffee machine at any time and were presented with delicious bakery stuff for breakfast everyday.
It is no problem to arrive at any time - the hosts seem to be almost at every time available - just call the number outside the house on the metal sign at the wall (this is important as you wont find the bell!!). The location is just great. One step around the corner and you can even see the Collosseo. All public transportation is just some steps away.
All in all a nice place to stay with great hosts!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A A
Reviewed 25 November 2013

When I originally stayed at the B&B it was a great stay and I had nothing bad to stay about it. It was an excellent location and the room was clean. However the horrific ordeal only occurred a few months afterwards when they decided to STEAL (as there is no other word for it) just over £1500 from my bank account for no good reason (as has been proven). Thankfully, my bank are incredible and managed to get the money back through the appropriate authorities, though it has almost taken a year.

Since this has occurred I have done my research and I'm afraid I am not the first person this has happened to and many others have not been as lucky as I have been. I partly am nervous for the people who have visited recently and have written good reviews as this is how I originally felt. If you must stay here, I advice you to take caution.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank HKD22
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Old building charm and authentic Italian living if you like to encounter your host in private flat. Breakfast served in adjacent cafe, no choices, just coffee and a croissant.
Shared bathroom not really up to date.

Room Tip: rather something for individualists
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Got here after trecking it from another location with lots of luggage. The owner said he was fully booked & tried to contact us which is a load of crap. Expedia said it was confirmed they only gave me a $50 voucher for compensation. I had to rebook at a crap hotel due to the weekend was not happy with my experience in Rome at all its a hole!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Monique T
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed there with my mom for two nights. Good location, close to metro and even closer to the bus stop from where you can easily reach the centre. We had RomaPass so it was a good solution for us. the rooms are really pretty, beds are new and comfortable. The owner is really nice and caring. Every morning we found fresh brioche for breakfast!!! Also te B&B was not too expensive.
I recommend this place!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We booked a room online. The owner cancelled the booking 2 days before our arrival. (Looking at the other reviews, we were not the only ones to experience this. Probably the guy cancels in the last minute because he finds someone else who is willing to pay more for the room.) The guy was not reachable buy phone, only communicates via sms. Eventually we had to look for an other place to stay. Just stay away from this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple