1,236 results
All reviews overlooking the opera house termini station pastries hard boiled eggs recommend this hotel roof terrace within walking distance excellent location cold meats top floor the air conditioning five minute walk the hotel is clean beds were comfortable hop on hop off bus convenient location around the corner
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stayed in the hotel for 2 nights - 2nd and 3rd Sep. Good get up, but terrible basics including staffs (exception Mr. Mario). We were given room no. 130, checked in quite late at night. The bathroom is horrible. As soon as we started using it, we found the shower and wash basin get waterlogged. When we reported it at 11 PM, one bell boy was sent - he managed to clear the logged water, but the approach was horrible - placed/dipped the shower head in the water logged shower, once the water was cleared - the guy didn't bother to clean the shower head just left it as it is, he didn't even wash his hand - very poor sense of hygiene.
The door of shower enclosure was broken and highly full of mould/limescale
We booked a triple room - so we were expecting a double bed and a single. Instead of double bed, they joined two single beds of different height and hence they were fit very uneven.
No free WI-fi - charge euro 5 every day.
The staff were not rude - but very less co-operative - you ask them a question, they tend to give you an impression - they are favoring you. Try to spending least possible words while answering your question. Only exception was Mr. Mario who has taken good amount of time answering my questions.

The lift was too small - just one lift. In the busy hour of morning checkout - waiting for lift can be quite long.
Breakfast was so-so, nothing special given the amount of money you spend for booking.
Booked the hotel, spending quite high amount of money, but didn't expect such poor basics.

Overall my impression about the hotel was very negative - I'll not recommend it to anyone neither I'll book this again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Ding D
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel was in a great location:
1. for sightseeing hop on hop off tour buses - its 1 block away.
2. 2 blocks away from Termini train station. My husband and I overslept (from a late night out) - we woke up at 8:58am in a panic to Check out, pack toiletries, and race to the catch a 925am train to Florence. We made it with 3 minutes to spare.
Not so great location for nightlife, but not too far - we took a quick 8 minute taxi ride €13 to Campo di Fiori - bars. Nightlife and piazzas with many restaurants and shopping.

The hotel was very clean. Room was very modern a bit small ( but common in Europe). Very clean. Shower was a bit on the small side - my husband is 6' and very broad shouldered so, he was a bit uncomfortable. Staff was super friendly and helpful.

We don't speak the language and the only enlish speaking channel was CNN so we caught up on lots of news when we were back in the room (lol).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susan-N-Robert
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Just stayed here for four nights. Lots of character and generally a very friendly service. Room was fair size and very comfy bed. Air con a Little temperamental. Our room had a small roof top terrace.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Justin B
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I booked this hotel as it came with a flight deal I booked. The hotel is basic and the rooms are very small. The breakfasts are very minimal and some of the fruit was off that they served which was horrible. Some of my makeup from the room went missing, I complained but the receptionist and manager did not understand due to language barrier (she was Chinese and I am English). It took about 20 minutes to explain this to her and she said she did eventually understand and apologied and said she would look into this. I did not see her again and she never got back to me. The cleaner also threw out anything she thought was rubbish including maps and plastic cups that we used. The saving graces of this hotel is that it has a really central location (walking distance from manager sites) and we had a balcony with our room which I did not know was included.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 894None
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Just spend 8 days in hotel impero room 136. Can't fault anything, staff very friendly, rooms clean, breakfast very good and good choice. Only ten mins from the centre and overall good hotel and I would stay there again when visiting rome again.

• Stayed: August 2013