“Location Location Location”
Review of Hotel Prati

Hotel Prati
Ranked #520 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I visited Rome as a single woman traveler....and Hotel Prati exceeded all my expectations..in terms of safety, proximity to the Vatican City (a 5 minute walk), Castle Sant' Angelo and the Metro Ottaviano, a 15 minute walk to Piazza del Popolo or Pizza Navona.
Also, there is a great shopping street (Cola di Rienzo) a block away and many good restaurants in all price ranges nearby. The metro, bus and city trains are all close at hand.
Reserving my room online was an ease, with prompt reverts for whatever queries I had. The hotel is very pleasant, with a nice little dining room for breakfast. The breakfast is your basic hotel fare... croissants, yogurt, some fruit, cappuccino, juices, etc.
The owners Fabio and Franco were very courteous and helpful with whatever queries I had....in terms of guiding me with a map, directions to the various tourist attractions, calling a taxi, storing my luggage after checkout while I went sightseeing, et.al....(Grazie mile Fabio e Franco!!!)
I could go on n on.........
For the price, the Free Wi Fi and the Brekky, its proximity to the Vatican City and so much more....Hotel Prati was a steal!!!
Overall, my trip to Rome was fantastic and Hotel Prati was part of this fabulous experience.

A presto Fabio e Franco!

Room Tip: Street facing rooms are quieter and can give you a glimpse of the hustle and bustle of a local on an...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank NerissaFernandes

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Thought I would jot down some information, the hotel is in an excellent location for the Vatican and Castel San Angelo. The guys there were very helpful giving any directions required. The room I had was very clean as was the bathroom. Breakfast was downstairs an excellent coffee machine with every combination for drinks. Breakfast was typical Italian pastries. Remember you are not in England so no full English breakfast. Would stay here again as the locality was great.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ElizebethB
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I stayed here for a couple of nights in October, and thought the hotel was excellent for the price. Despite only having a 2-star rating, this hotel is easily on a par with many of the 3-star places I've stayed in. The room was clean and quiet. The front desk staff spoke good English and (unusually, it seems, for Rome) were very friendly toward non-Italian speakers. Good location, a few stops from Termini on the metro and a couple of minutes' walk from the Vatican. I agree with what others have said about the breakfast. The choice was limited to croissants with a strange sugar glaze which wasn't to my taste at all.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Higgson
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This was reasonable in cost and the centrally located for site-seeing, BUT if cleanliness is important to you, then I would not recommend this hotel. The bathroom smelled like stale urine that never left even after being cleaned again. The beds were hard and after 12 days of traveling, a comfortable night sleep was high on our list. Breakfast as average compared to what we had experienced at other hotels in Rome. Friendliness of staff was poor. I would not recommend this to any of my friends/family.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Small room, very small bathroom (overweight people won't manage to get into the shower), but great location and great quality of service (really helpful and friendly staff)!!! The italian breakfast could be very good, but I was a little bit disapointed because of beverages prepared by a machine...not very tasty. The bed was very comfortable! So generally I recommend that hotel with no doubt, just don't concentrate on details :)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We only stayed here for 2 nights but we had a good experience. The hotel is very close (walking distance) to Vatican City. The wi-fi and breakfast were included in the price. The breakfast was only croissants and doughnuts with coffee but it was still something. The bathroom was very small but that would be my only complaint. They let us store our luggage in a closet the morning we checked out because our flight didn't leave until later that night.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel from September 4th to the 7th and it was lovely! The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a triple room and it was roomy enough for us, big windows, air con, lovely clean bathroom and bedroom. The only downside was that there was no kettle in the room but there was coffee making facilities in the quaint breakfast/lounge room from 7.30am. The breakfast was lovely, croissants, French toast, bagels, juices. It is only a short walk from bus stops into the city centre and a few streets away from the Vatican. There are many little restaurants dotted all around the neighbourhood aswell. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling ti Rome on a budget, and would stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2012