Having just spent five nights at this wonderful bed-and-breakfast, we would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who is visiting Rome. Quite simply, we could find no fault of any kind, so this review can only concentrate on positives. Although on a map, it may appear to be some distance from the main sights, in reality, places like the Coliseum, Forum etc. are only 15-20 minutes walk away – if you will directly there without looking at the architecture en route. We even walked back from the Vatican!
The accommodation is located in an attractive older building, accessed by a huge door into a courtyard from which the entrance to staircase A can be found. Choose the stairs, or use the very old lift to reach the third floor. After such an imposing entrance, we were unsure what to expect, but we were warmly greeted by Guido, who showed us to our rooms. We entered the a modern world normally seen in style magazines, which was a contrast with the building in which it is housed. The spacious communal area has a breakfast bar, comfortable sofas facilities to making tea coffee etc. at any time. There’s also a fridge containing bottled water and the “always on” broadband computer for which there is no charge to use. The B&B has five rooms, my husband and I had one room and our daughter had a room next door. Both were spacious and comfortable, with the most modern bathroom and toilet facilities we have found in any bed and breakfast we have stayed in. The rooms are cleaned daily and fresh towels are provided.
Breakfast is overseen by the friendly and delightful Dante, for whom nothing is too much trouble.
Although located in a busy area and the short walk from the train and bus termini the B&B is directly across the road from the magnificent Santa Maria Maggiori Basilica. The outer window shutters, double glazing and inner window shutters completely cut out the sound of the Rome traffic. There are many shops within one or two minutes walk, where one can purchase any necessities.
We took advantage of the transport from and to the airport as we had no wish to drive in Rome. Overall we spent a thoroughly enjoyable holiday, enhanced by our comfortable accommodation, which we could happily return to, or recommend to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1) Located in the historical center of Rome2) 164 yard from Termini central railway station.3) You can enter and exit from B&b at every time you live4) Every room has private bathroom (two rooms has bathroom inside)5) B&b is located in a prestigious old building of the 19° century, equipped with lift.6) Rooms are large and smart, furnished with pieces of antique furniture.7) Two rooms overlook are of the more beautiful square in the world,Place of Santa Maria ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bed & Breakfast Enjoy Rome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bed And Breakfast Enjoy Rome
- Bed & Breakfast Enjoy Rome Hotel Rome