“Nice Hotel”
Review of Cherubini

Cherubini
Ranked #882 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This is a hotel that is at a very nice Location. It is very near to Rome Termini Metro Station which is a big advance. It is easy to find . It is a hotel located in 1 building and is on the third floor.
We arrived late at night to the hotel. There was a person with Long Hair at the reception.
He seemed to be having difficulty in understanding English and seemed uncomfortable talking and was always in a rush.
The room was a nice room with AC and attached bathroom. There was a bit of noise coming from the street but that is acceptable since we are in the heart of Rome.
Next Morning the person at the reception was really nice. He did understand English to good extent. He helped us with the map of the city and places to visit.
We did our breakfast in the hotel itself . It was fine.
Wifi was available in the common seating area. it was decent. But on the last day of our stay it did not work. When we went to complain to the reception , there was the same man with long hair present there who seemed to be very disinterested in answering us and just shook his head depicting "I do not know" . That was really rude. This guy seemed to be fed up of his night shifts.
Overall our stay at the hotel was good. Thanks to the nice location and the nice AC in the room that helped us in the scorching heat of Rome.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
cherubini9550, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Cherubini, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Good morning,
thanks for the review, we are very pleased that you enjoyed the hotel, sorry for the man of the night, we talked with him for the fact.
Internet in our area has always been a problem, because the old structure of the road.
Andrea

There are newer reviews for Cherubini

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I stayed with a group so the reservation was made for me for 1 night. The hotel is in an older building in a not so great looking area. The hotel is on one floor of a larger building. However, it is only 1 block away from Termini which is a main bus, metro and train station. The hotel keepers were very nice and even let me store my luggage there after I had checked out. The room is a nice size and it was clean. However, the bathroom could have used some updating (rust around the shower). The bed spread had holes in it and the sheets were not completely clean. But, I did get a good nights sleep since the place became relatively quiet at night. If you want a fancy room in a fancy hotel in a fancy area, this is not it. If you want somewhere to crash short term that is close to transportation and a nice walk to some sites, this may be for you.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

thanks for the review, we are very pleased that you enjoyed the hotel,
our staff change the sheets every time if it has found a problem we would have given the clean bed linen.
We are restructuring, one room at a time, throughout the hotel, I hope that the next time you can find the perfect room.
Andrea...

Reviewed 28 March 2013

We were able to find the hotel easily, the room was clean and mostly quite with some street noise. The location is very convenient, not far from Termini (about a 10 minute walk) and close to a city park and to the underground.

Massimo was very heedful with advice on where to eat and how to get there.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
cherubini9550, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Cherubini, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

...only one word...thank thank thank...

I hope see you again very soon!!!!

Reviewed 27 February 2013

When i arrived they said "we don't have rooms" ( i made the booking 2 months early) they sent me to an other hotel for free for 1 night . After that they gave me a dirty room with mold at the bathroom , i told them to change my room and after they said ok i went to visit Rome, when i returned i was in the same room , and the receptionist said for 40 Euro this is what i get , he laugh in my face . There was NO breakfast , and no internet connection. I had a horrible time. :(

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bmd242

I'm really sorry for all the problems, but many times the required services are hotels with higher categories.
I remind you that my hotel is a 2 star and I would like to make known to the client with € 40.00 per night stayed in a triple room.
As always aperiamo to improve as much as possible our sevzio.

regards

Reviewed 30 January 2013

We made our reservation (1 room, 1 night) about 2 weeks before, there was a problem with our credit card but we got in touch with the booking.com customer service as well as with the hotel and they agreed that we would pay cash when we got there. We arrived late in the afternoon and a rude man told us he is not going to give us any room! So there we were, alone in a foreign country with no room to stay at! Further more, the hotel seemed to be one of those hotels you use for some hours for "certain purposes".

Room Tip: Don't stay there!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank theWanderer2013
cherubini9550, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Cherubini, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

We're very sorry for the misunderstanding that occurred and we're sure that it could have been avoided and we could have found a solution.
Firstly,it's important to point out that the customer didn't have €40,00 on his credit card,amount we needed to book the room and following the regulations we had to cancel the booking.
Despite the rules we waited for the customer and blocked the room,when he arrived, we asked him the amount he had to pay.Personally I don't believe this is an impolite behavior from our behalf.
Moreover,I wonder how possible is it, that you reviewed three different hotels in Rome,all the same night.
I'm sorry but as far as I'm concered,I think that you're not up to my hotel's standards.

Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

We wanted a room near the train station so we went around looking for rooms. Met this kind man who offered us a room at his hotel. We were able to pick the room of our choice which was very good. Wifi connection was strong in the room we chose. Room was comfortable and very big. Toilet was huge too. We wanted to leave by 7 in the morning and breakfast in room was arranged to be served at 630. Very helpful man. Thank you. Overall a good stay. Could hear the trains go pass from the room but that's fine.

• Stayed: December 2012

thanks for the review, we are very pleased that you enjoyed the hotel,
We are pleased that the staff was friendly.
Only one thing, trains are not the ones that you have heard, but the buses with electric rails, that at midnight end of turn.
Andrea

Reviewed 27 December 2012

Hi there, i'm Andrea, an Italian tourist, and my friends and me, we have recently been in the Hotel for a week time!!
I have straightaway thought to wright about this building and people that work in it!!
Location is great, just beside Termini train station!
Despite the rooms are a bit small, the atmosphere you feel as soon as you walk in it's awesome, lovely and friendly staff, capable to help you in every case.
Another great thing to mention is the breakfast, continental (as i hoped). Juices are fresh and good, yogurt on average, but the croissant are the best i've ever tried!!!
Unfortunately we couldn't have any lunch or dinner due to a "missing" kitchen!!!
Nobody is perfect, but Cherubuni's are soooooo close!!!
Definetely recommended!

Room Tip: The rooms below the internal garden are the best for a great wake up, and a quiet sleep!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
cherubini9550, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Cherubini, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2012

hi,
thank you for your feedback, I'm very happy the your comment.
I hope , to the future, to be alway "some" perfect.
best regards Andrea