“DO NOT BOOK - THEY STEAL YOUR MONEY”
Review of Conte Verde

Conte Verde
Conte Verde
Ranked #1,179 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This hotel has been nothing but trouble from the start. If only I could rate it 0 instead of 1!

Firstly, when I booked I was told I'd pay 10% online and the rest on arrival (clearly stated on my invoice) they just took the whole amount straight away which left me in trouble with my overdraft and ruined a day of my holiday.

Secondly they LIED about the facilities. They claimed to have a luggage room, which for us was important as we had backpacks and a late light. However they expect us to leave them in the corridor. Also the breakfast was Awful but that was the least of my worries.

Thirdly and most IMPORTANTLY they STEAL your money. Since my booking in August they've taken £167 in November and now £125 in January.

WORST HOTEL I'VE EVER BEEN TO. THEIFS AND LIARS.

Room Tip: Don't book any.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Abzors

Reviewed 14 January 2014

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BE CAREFUL !!!!!!!!!!
I'm really angry, they stole me 300 euros, with a credit card fraud (they prented to made an error with an other client and they deduct my account) ! I don't recommend you this hotel ! I called them many times and they always decline their fault...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank ChloeCoq
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Conte Verde was definitely my worst "hotel" experiense ever!!! Terrible pee smell on the room, bugs walking in the shower, dirty bed, no function light in the bathroom, I could even wash my face because of the stuck water! Don't even think about going there!! Oh and the "breakfast" is one tiny butter croissant.
I was literally out the whole day just to avoid being there. I m still wondering how they let this place be open. It was a nightmare. Very close to a horror movie.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Fikos A
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Request you not to book this hotel, they keep charging all their customers again and again with the credit card details, we went in July 2013 and made a payment through my CC when we came back again they have charged on my CC of 222 euros, I had to call all over and got the amount back, now again in this month Nov 13 they have charged my 289 euros on my CC. now I have to run again to get my amount back and its a night mare. how can the hotel charge again an again. so pls. do not book this hotel they stay is also not that great and the toilets are so small you can't use them properly,

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lewis1229
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This hotel is an absolute nightmare! We traveled to Rome in July 2013. It took us FOREVER to find this place. The place was fine once we found it expect that the toilet was a joke. We could hardly open the door and the shower was even worse. But that's not my problem with this hotel. We made the payment online for this hotel, however once we got back home, we got a message saying we've been charges 222 euros for this hotel that we've already paid for! A month after staying here! We quickly called the bank and cancelled the payment saying we had not authorized it. Much to my surprise, I got another message today, 4 MONTHS after staying in this hotel, that they've charged me another 267 euros! They're totally scamming people and using our credit card information and making payments without our consent! PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE! AND DEFINITELY DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tanyal2448
Reviewed 12 October 2013

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!! This was the most disgusting "hotel" I've ever booked. My room had/has block mold growing all the way up one wall and there's more in the bathroom above the toilet. When I pointed this out they were completely unapologetic and then admitted to knowingly book the room in this condition and put their guests health in jeopardy. Completely immoral and unethical! After finding new accommodation I demanded a refund but he would not give me the entire sum I was forced to pay in cash. He kept one night becuase it took me a few hours to find a hostel with a vacancy. When I tried to leave he got very hostile and violent when I told him I reported the hotel to the department of tourism. He grabbed me by the arm with both of his hands, but I was able to break free from his filthy disgusting grip and I got away unscathed.

Room Tip: Do not book at this hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NickinCA
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

You get a bed, the bathroom is old and not clean. The staff did not understand english and the breakfast was just including a koffee nothing more. We also had a room without airco so it was very warm. Its near a merto station but the neighbourhood was not that good!

• Stayed: July 2013