“Alfredo - SJCampos - Brazil” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Serendipity Residence

Serendipity Residence
Ranked #896 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Brasilia, DF
“Alfredo - SJCampos - Brazil”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

Adequate for one night in transit. Location next to Termini Station is very good.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Jindrichuv Hradec, Czech Republic
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2011

Arrived, found the after a while as the marking is not the best. Two facilities with separate entrance in one building. The receptionist told us they cancelled our reservation as they have a group of children they had to accomodate. Even if we had confirmation and paid reservation fee. Of course, they didn't let us know. They offered us a room in their "dependency". In reality, it was a horible noisy room in a house close to Termini station with neighbours partying in the common corridor. Instead of a breakfast, we got a voucher for a croisant and a cup of cofee in a cafe downstairs. We luckily found a proper hotel in the vincinty but have to argue about substracting the reservation fee from the price for a single night.

Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank JL42

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2010

We booked 4 days in Rome and Serendipity was a good choice,looking from the outside;I understand that the building is old,and they(owner)cannot do much about it;But there are lot sof things that CAN be fixed;shower was not draining properly,remote control was not working,BRAKFAST was a big joke-a coffee and ONE piece of pastry-that is not breakfast,and served outside the premisses.NOT recommended,or at least not for this price!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cuceucojan
columbus
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

We were looking for a place to stay for a night to catch a train for the next day and this place fit the bill. It is very close to the train station and even though the area is not the nicest, it feels very safe and is gated with video cameras. The room was very clean and looked liked it had been renovated recently. Really nice bathroom and little balcony. The staff did not speak much English at all but they were nice and helpful. The biggest negetive is that this place is hard to find at night and they don't give very good directions. Take these instructions with you if you go: Basically, from the train station, you should exit the station doors on the right hand side onto Via Marsala. Turn Right onto Via Marsala, then left onto Via Castro Pretorio. Now here's the tricky part. The hotel is on Viale Castro Pretorio (not Via) Via Castro Pretorio becomes Viale Castro Pretorio so keep walking down Via until it becomes Viale at the stoplight. At the stoplight, contine straight, you will see a big sign for Hotel Enrico-this is where you want to go as Serendipity is in the same building. Simply buzz at the gate and they will let you in. Would recommend staying here if you need to be close to the train station. Would not recommend if you are vacationing in Rome for a couple days-stay somewhere closer to the sites. Hope this helps!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Louvain la Neuve
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2010

This hotel should not has a name as "hotel"... Fiestly, you shoul not believe in this hotel website, because all photos are not real. Only facade of Serendipity is really nice, but all thing inside are horrible. recweption is in the same building but not in the same staircase!!! So... to get to the rooms, you have to go ONLY by stairs on the 3rd level. There is a lift but from early 80s and does not work. At room you have beds which in fact are big mattress (when I seat on one, everything collapsed, because one leg of this bed was not fixed at all !!!). In the bathroom there was one BIG, horrible fungus just around the shower, so like that I could not take shower during 3 days!!! In the room you have only blanket and bed linen.To eat the breakfast you have to go outside from the hotel and go to another street (2min walk), and there is small bar in which you can eat simple sandwich, crossant and drink tea or coffe- thats all. I defenetely not recommend this hotel ( or only for them who do not care of fungi, derties and do not need shower)

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank j_jenny26
Kellychoice
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2009

Just recently got back from my first trip to Paris. I traveled with a friend and had a wonderful time and decided on settling on this location for my last night prior to my departure back to the U.S.

Finding this "hotel" was the first problem. There is no clear signage and is located on a major corner with other businesses and hotels. The location was close to the Termini (main subway station in Rome) but was in a very dangerous part of town with other low end hotels.

After a long day of traveling from Venice, I entered the gates and could tell from the get go that this was not what was advertised on TripAdvisor. Fear was my first reaction since the courtyard is extremely dark and, as I mentioned, hotel is located in a not so nice part of town.

I got to the reception area and was greeted by a young man that said that he had been trying to get a hold of me on my cell phone wondering where I was at. It was 7:30 p.m. and I had emailed the hotel a week in advance (and they acknowledged receiving it) that I would be there approximately 7:00 p.m. The hotel attendant then proceeded to tell me that my hotel was actually in another building and that he needed to know right away how I was going to pay for the hotel since he would be departing immediately for the evening and that there is NO hotel attendants during the night for anything, including emergencies. Only phone numbers are posted in hallways in case an emergency occurs.

After lugging my suitcases up a elevator that fit only myself and one suitcase at a time, we finally found our room which was sparse to say the least and very disgusting. The beds were actually cots. I found two fleas immediately on my bed and there were several mosquitos flying around since the windows had been kept open. My friend was bitten 5 times during the night by them and I was bitten twice. The bathrooms were also disgusting with only 1/2 role of toilet paper provided for two people and no way to get additional supplies. The hotel smelled of mold. I chose not to take a shower since I felt cleaner than getting in a disgusting stall that obviously hadn't had a good cleaning in quite some time. We looked into getting something else immediately after entering the room but since it was a Friday evening and late, we could not find anywhere and had to depart for flights 9 hours after arriving anyway so we decided to stick it out.

The only upside to this location was that the front desk did reserve a taxi for us early the next morning (which arrived on time) and we were able to depart this disaster before the hotel attendant arrived for the morning shift at 8:00 a.m.

I highly recommend AGAINST this place and continue to be baffled by the reviews.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kellychoice
Budapest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2009

We stayed here for two nights, and we were satisfied. The on-line booking was simple and it worked. The distance from the Termini is 5 mins by foot, and the 492 bus stops directly at the hotel- it goes to the Vatican city and it's passes by Pantheon, Fontana di Trevi, etc. The nearest metro station is close too.

It wasn't easy to locate the Serendipity, at the gate I found its name amongst the residents and after pushing the button the gate opened. The reception and the rooms were in different buildings, and the reception is not 0-24 hours, the guys there are only between 8-20. We arrived later but I wrote it on the booking form so they waited us. The check-in was OK, they told me how would we find the room- it was a bit tricky. The room was OK, with a larger and a smaller bed, SAT TV (even with a Hungarian channel), A/C, mini bar, small safe, large bath. Everything was tidy, but in the bath they should fix a few things. I found Wi-Fi signal but didn't know the password, and didn't found anybody in the reception at 19.45 to ask.

The window looked to the street which was noisy, but the good windows reduced it. The breakfast is not in the residence but in a close bar, it consists of a cake, a coffee and a juice. Not too much but good for starting the day.

So we liked the location and the services, the price was OK as well.

• Stayed September 2009