“Roma!”

Roma Boutique Hotel
Ranked #231 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I've just recently returned from a 3 night stay at this lovely hotel in Rome. It was a little tricky to find as it's on the 4th and 5th floors of a large building occupying offices etc. It doesn't have a sign outside the front so we walked passed it a couple of times before we discovered it. However, once discovered, we were greeted by Allessandro. A lovely, warm welcome! The reception is small and contemporary and our room was the same. I'd done my research before booking and so this was all totally expected. The bed was comfortable and the room was spotless. Location was great too. We walked everywhere! My only criticism was that the fridge that housed the mini bar was warm - more a microwave than a fridge. Other than that - all good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my husband the week of April 21-25 and found it to be perfect, and our favorite hotel throughout our entire trip to Italy. We also visited Florence and Venice. The location of the hotel was close enough walking distance to everywhere we wanted to be, but also just off the beaten path where it was a calm, quiet place to relax and sleep. There is a small Italian grocery store right next door and the fact that the taxi's lined up on the main street right next to the hotel is also a plus.

But the location and the quality of the hotel is not why I am writing this review (although like I said both were great!). I am writing this review because of Alessandro the manager of the hotel. He is such a warm, kind, sweet, genuine person, I looked forward going to the lobby each morning to greet him. Both my husband and I agreed he made our day by visiting with him in the morning. There were a few mornings he was not in yet and I was actually disappointed I didn't get a chance to see him. He gave spot on recommendations to restaurants and places we shouldn't miss. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is travelling to Rome, you will be delighted, this is a beautiful, quaint, comfortable boutique hotel. I have already told all my friends how much we loved it and I guarantee if I ever go back to Rome, this is where I will stay. Thank you Alessandro for your hospitality, you will not be forgotten!

1  Thank sunshine7787
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We booked this hotel on our second day in Rome, after our first hotel was a real disaster. The Roma Boutique Hotel was a little more pricy, but it's totally worth it. If you want to enjoy Rome to the fullest, it all begins with a good hotel.

The people from this hotel were very friendly and helpful, they helped us with everything. They even arranged our transport back to the airport. Our room was very beautiful, clean, big and the shower is a real pleasure.

I can absolutely recommend this hotel to everybody, it's only 5 minutes away from the Spanish steps. If I ever go back to Rome, it's definitely to the Roma Boutique Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

went here based on the rating. no idea how they got so high (suspect mainly on price). rome was sold out so I reserved this by default. very small rooms. Spartan furnishings. suggest you spend more and go to a real hotel. Be aware the hotel is in a large apartment like building and it takes up a few floors. No markings on the exterior to indicate this is a hotel. World's smallest elevator (two average sized adults and two 22 inch suitcases fill up the entire space). Walking up the stairs is not a real option (reception is on 5th floor). good location across from US Embassy. 6 euro ride from main train station.

Room Tip: get a room facing the street so you won't feel so cramped
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I admire a hotel that lives up to its promise and owners who take pride in their properties. This is not the most historic hotel in room, nor does it have the biggest rooms, the most central location, or the most ornate lobby. But it doesn't advertise these things.

What it does have is good, clean comfortable rooms that are well-designed, quiet, and reasonably priced.

Rome Boutique Hotel occupies a floor and half in a turn-of-the-last-century building. It is about a kilometer from Termini -- a noisy kilometer with rolling bags on uneven sidewalks -- and just a few blocks from Via Veneto and a few more from the Spanish Steps. This is a very good location, with several restaurants near-by.

At first arrival, the hotel is a bit disappointing. You need to ring a buzzer on the outside, enter through a common hallway, pass a grand staircase, and take a smallish elevator to the fifth floor. Along the way, you pass other businesses in the building, such as a lawyer's office, and perhaps a private apartment or two. That said, the common areas are very quiet.

Then you enter, and there is a reception desk, a friendly person, a window over the street, and decor that looks lives up to the name Rome Boutique Hotel.

We only stayed for one night, but appreciated that everything worked. Hot water. Wifi. Comfortable bed. Air conditioning. The breakfast was fresh, but limited in a continental way. The room was on the small side. But, you are in Rome. You don't want to stay in your hotel room anyway.

When we checked out, I met Alessandro the owner and chatted with him for a few minutes. He is charming, and I would have loved to learn more about the Rome that he recommends. But we had to return home.

Unexpected surprise: On Sunday morning we were walking around. One block away is a Lutheran Church. One wall of the church is a built-in organ on the upper two-thirds of the wall. In front of the organ, above the congregation, is space for a small orchestra in front. A bit after 9:00 a.m. they were practicing -- a free concert in an extraordinary locale.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have a good view. Even the ones on the street are hemmed in by nearby buildings...
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Before this year we had only been in Rome for one day on a cruise . This year after another one we wanted to see and experience more of Rome for 4 days . Prior to our trip I searched through a lot of the top hotels of the city , and there are many of them till I saw this small Boutique Hotel reviewed by others and I looked on maps at its location because this this time we wanted to see things other than the Vatican and Colosseum .
Well it was a great choice we had a wonderful stay . Don't look for flashy signs , doorman etc just go to Via Toscana 1, if the door to this 6 story building is open go to the 5th floor or ring the bell . There we were greeted by the manager Allessandro , with a lot of enthusiasm and 100 % helpful in every way he could be . The hotel is on the 4th and 5th floor only with a total of 14 rooms very modern , attractive looking , and we had the feeling right away that every guest is very important .
The location is great to do some walking to some of the big attractions , like Trevi, Spanish steps but it is also almost next to the Borghese Park and Villa , and a 5 min walk to the Metro . The neighbourhood is safe and very clean compared to some other Rome areas . The building is also very quiet , great for a good sleep once the windows are closed . Everything was extremely clean , room and washroom were of a nice size ( we had one of the better rooms #25 facing the street with a tiny balcony ) Breakfast was very nice and included , in a smaller room or available in our own room . Everything was fresh and of good taste and we had personal attention from the small staff , everything is done to please the guest ! What a difference from the run of the mill North American big chain hotels , we were made felt welcome and important .
We had very good Wi Fi signals and there was ample choice in TV channels . Questions of what to do or where to eat were answered in great detail , and at the end of our stay we were shown the very best way to get to the airport with the least hassles .

But the largest plus for this hotel and our stay there was Alessandro , the manager , extremely helpful , caring , friendly , funny etc etc what a great guy . He made our stay fantastic.
We will be back I hope ! Thank you Alessandro !

Room Tip: We chose room 25 on the 4th floor , at the end of the hall away from almost all noise with a tiny ba...
1  Thank Anthony F
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Let me start of with the minor negative side. The hotel is part of a huge apartment block in Rome, so there is no actual sign outside showing "Roma Boutique Hotel" (I suggested this to the manager though).
So in reality my taxi driver and myself, went round the block where the hotel was situated a few couple of times. The trick is to stick with the Via Toscana Number 1 bit. Its a block of apartments on the corner, end of the road of Via Toscana, corner with Via Boncompagni.

The rest are all positives.
-Very friendly staff, warm and welcoming.
-Clean hotel
-Beautifully decorated spacious rooms
-Sky TV Box, jam packed with TV Channels (actually watched a football game at end of a long day in my room!)
-Splendid typical European continental breakfast (freshly cooked croissants) and superb coffee. Sorry no bacon and eggs though!

One extra tip I can suggest is that there is a supermarket door-to-door with the hotel, which is amazingly handy to buy that few bottles of water and nibbles :)

Wouldn't hesitate to re-visit the hotel. Thanks! :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business