“Little Gem in Rome”

Roma Boutique Hotel
Ranked #233 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just returned from a 5 night stay at the Roma Boutique Hotel with my husband. What a little gem of a hotel in Rome! We had searched and searched for hotels which were not extortionate in price for very little- was recommended the Roma Boutique and we are glad we did go for it.

The hotel itself is in a building consisting of offices etc. so do not expect a hotel front entrance. when the main door is shut, you need to ring the buzzer for the hotel to let you into the building (panel is on the right hand side) and then you would go up to reception to collect your keys each day on your return. Hotel reception and breakfast is located on the 5th floor, our room was on the forth floor. Room itself was fabby for a city break. Decent size of room, nicely decorated and decent size bathroom too. Absolutely perfect because when in Rome- you are only needing a place to put your head down for the night!

Breakfast is small, but ideal.Staff were extremely friendly. Any questions etc, they were always happy to assist. Nice family feel to the place. We had went down stairs to wait for our pick up and had missed (perhaps the owner?) at reception- the gentleman ran downstairs after us to thank us for staying with them and wishing us a safe flight home- dont get that in many hotels!

The hotel is opposite the American Embassy, and a short distance away is the Santa Maria Della Vittoria Church if you are following 'Angels and Demons'.. Hotel is just round the corner from the Hard Rock Cafe and further down the street is the Gran Caffe Roma- highly recommend!

Would recommend this hotel to anyone- thought it was reasonably priced and in a nice location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RumGirl24

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here in April 2014. The rooms, service, food and location was perfect. The staff were very attentive. The US Embassy is right across the street. The hotel is close to everything in Rome. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend you stay here too!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here over two weekends sandwiching a trip to Sardinia. Hotel is a great value for Rome. Located across from the U.S. embassy and next door to a police station! The hotel is on the fourth and fifth floors of a building, and at night you need to ring to get the outer door opened - this was never a problem. The rooms were comfortable. Breakfast was included and was OK. The owner is remarkably friendly and helpful. Advice - book through their web site was overall better deals.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I've just recently returned from a 3 night stay at this lovely hotel in Rome. It was a little tricky to find as it's on the 4th and 5th floors of a large building occupying offices etc. It doesn't have a sign outside the front so we walked passed it a couple of times before we discovered it. However, once discovered, we were greeted by Allessandro. A lovely, warm welcome! The reception is small and contemporary and our room was the same. I'd done my research before booking and so this was all totally expected. The bed was comfortable and the room was spotless. Location was great too. We walked everywhere! My only criticism was that the fridge that housed the mini bar was warm - more a microwave than a fridge. Other than that - all good.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my husband the week of April 21-25 and found it to be perfect, and our favorite hotel throughout our entire trip to Italy. We also visited Florence and Venice. The location of the hotel was close enough walking distance to everywhere we wanted to be, but also just off the beaten path where it was a calm, quiet place to relax and sleep. There is a small Italian grocery store right next door and the fact that the taxi's lined up on the main street right next to the hotel is also a plus.

But the location and the quality of the hotel is not why I am writing this review (although like I said both were great!). I am writing this review because of Alessandro the manager of the hotel. He is such a warm, kind, sweet, genuine person, I looked forward going to the lobby each morning to greet him. Both my husband and I agreed he made our day by visiting with him in the morning. There were a few mornings he was not in yet and I was actually disappointed I didn't get a chance to see him. He gave spot on recommendations to restaurants and places we shouldn't miss. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is travelling to Rome, you will be delighted, this is a beautiful, quaint, comfortable boutique hotel. I have already told all my friends how much we loved it and I guarantee if I ever go back to Rome, this is where I will stay. Thank you Alessandro for your hospitality, you will not be forgotten!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunshine7787
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We booked this hotel on our second day in Rome, after our first hotel was a real disaster. The Roma Boutique Hotel was a little more pricy, but it's totally worth it. If you want to enjoy Rome to the fullest, it all begins with a good hotel.

The people from this hotel were very friendly and helpful, they helped us with everything. They even arranged our transport back to the airport. Our room was very beautiful, clean, big and the shower is a real pleasure.

I can absolutely recommend this hotel to everybody, it's only 5 minutes away from the Spanish steps. If I ever go back to Rome, it's definitely to the Roma Boutique Hotel.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

went here based on the rating. no idea how they got so high (suspect mainly on price). rome was sold out so I reserved this by default. very small rooms. Spartan furnishings. suggest you spend more and go to a real hotel. Be aware the hotel is in a large apartment like building and it takes up a few floors. No markings on the exterior to indicate this is a hotel. World's smallest elevator (two average sized adults and two 22 inch suitcases fill up the entire space). Walking up the stairs is not a real option (reception is on 5th floor). good location across from US Embassy. 6 euro ride from main train station.

Room Tip: get a room facing the street so you won't feel so cramped