“lovely and cost-effective solution in Rome downtown”

Roma Boutique Hotel
Ranked #239 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I do travel a lot for business all over Italy and when I have to come to Rome for meetings or even for a weekend with my wife I often book this hotel because is like living in a nice and romantic house just one block from Via Veneto and 5 minutes walking from Barberini underground station. That's why I came again last week and I stayed for two nights.

Definitely this not a traditional "cold" hotel but you can book your nice room as you were renting a flat and the customer care and management is very high. Actually I was astonished to read in a recent review about a supposed theft of an iPad to a client. "Never say never" but I really do not trust this news considering I know since many years the unbiased courtesy and honesty of the Hotel Director and Owner Alessandro Trapasso. I do not understand how could it happen considering you can get for free safety boxes and if I were stolen my tablet in the hotel I would have sent the police declaration to the hotel management so get a feedback. You can be sure I never had any problems in terms of security at this hotel but It's not my role to say who is right. According to my personal experience you can trust this hotel at 100%. and the location is simply perfect, prices are competitive and the staff is very polite and efficient.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tripforever2010

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed at the Roma Boutique Hotel for 2 nights in June with my daughter. We chose this hotel based on the reviews on trip advisor. We were not disappointed. Most of the main attractions easily accessible on foot. Very good hosts - nothing was too much trouble. Great restaurant recommendations. Would definitely stay again on another trip to Rome.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Debyou8
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were recommended this hotel by our travel agent and I must say it was a great recommendation. The hotel is conveniently located and close to attractions and some great restaurants. The rooms were small by stylish and clean. Breakfast was nice continental breakfast served by very friendly hostesses. But the main attribute of the hotel is the General Manager, Alessandro. He was a very gracious host and extremely hospitable.

I recommend this hotel and it is a great value for the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Vipul P
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My new wife and I greatly enjoyed our honeymoon in Rome and our stay at this lovely hotel.

Having read reviews we had some idea of what to expect, but we found the walk from Termini to the Hotel, in the dark and during a heavy rain storm, a little longer and more difficult than hoped... a gradual climb and 'inconsistent paving' not helping when heavy cases are involved (we later discovered that the Hotel can arrange for a car to take you door-to-door to the airport, at a cost not much above that for a taxi to Termini station and two tickets on the Leonardo Express train). The hotel was easy enough to locate, on the corner of via Toscana and opposite the American Embassy. The front door was locked, but was opened within seconds of us buzzing and while the lift is small (4 people) when you have luggage, it did its job. We liked the building and the fact that it doesn't necessarily look like a hotel from the outside, the shop next door was also handy. The area around Via Toscana felt quiet and safe at all times, whilst being within walking distance of all the major sights that we wished to see (we only used the metro once to ensure that we reached the Vatican for an early start, as in Rome it seems the journey is often almost as interesting as the destination).

We had a room on the 5th floor, which backed on to the reception / breakfast area. From reviews we were concerned that this might be noisy, but we didn't have any trouble with being disturbed during our stay and any noise, tended to be quiet and during the times we were up and about anyway. The room was more than big enough for us two and was kept immaculately clean each day, with fresh towels, made-up bed, etc.. The bathroom was great, the TV had plenty of channels, Wi-Fi was a little patchy (the room's doorway working best!) and the view over via Toscana and the Embassy gave us a little taste of Roman daily life each morning. We also enjoyed the breakfasts, which we took in the 'reception’ area, finding plenty of choice with cereals, fruit, yoghurts, eggs, bread and spreads.

We would certainly stay again at the Roma Boutique Hotel for all of the above and because of the wonderful staff, who really do make you feel at home. Returning and collecting our key from reception each day, we were always greeted with smiles and advice, when requested and the breakfast staff were very attentive, without ever harassing. We were also blessed by the owner Alessandro’s kindness and generosity when he discovered, whilst checking-out, that we were on honeymoon, his recommendations for restaurants also proved spot on. We were grateful to the Hotel for making restaurant reservations for us, looking after our cases during our final day and then giving us access to a staff bathroom to freshen up after half a day of sightseeing, before we picked up our cases to take the car to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Haribo442
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

It may not look like a a typical hotel on the outside but for a city break it is the perfect place to stay.

In a street just off Via Veneto and just across the road from the American embassy, you are perfectly placed to explore Rome. The hotel is very clean with good facilities. Breakfast is basic but good.

The main attraction of this hotel is the staff. They could not do enough for us. They showed us on a map the best way to get to all the sites we wanted to see. They booked us tables at restaurants- which where all excellent and provided us with a culinary overview of Italian cuisine. The manger took our suitcases to the car when we left what better customer service could we have asked for.

If you want a good base for exploring Rome do not hesitate to choose this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed here for a 3 day business trip. It's located in an area where most hotels are 3 times the cost. It's located on the 4th and 5th floors of a building that contains mostly businesses. The rooms are very basic, but clean. They don't have laundry service. The free breakfast leaves a lot to be desired, but that's to be expected given the price.
Hotel is located 2 minute walk from the US Embassy and less than 15 minute walk from many of the best sites in Rome. There are multiple very good restaurants less than 5 minutes away AND it's located about 200 meters from the taxi stand, so getting a cab is quick and easy.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MasonOrion
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My partner and I have recently returned from a three nights stay at the Roma Boutique. We fell in love with the hotel and Rome. Firstly it is situated in a perfect location! we were able to walk to all of the main historical attractions and we didn't even use the metro. We were on the floor above the reception and it was very quiet and the décor was very stylish and modern. The rooms were cleaned every morning with fresh towels which we found very useful. In the mornings you can request to have breakfast in your room. We opted for this several times and it was delicious! I would highly recommend the hot chocolate as its the best I have ever tasted.

The hotel offered us the chance to be picked up from the airport at an extra charge. If your considering this then I would urge to do so as its very convenient, pleasant and quick. We even ordered the same transport method on our return back to the airport. The staff at the hotel are so very welcoming and their hospitality is beyond perfect. The hotel manager recommended a few restaurants to us and we tried them all; they didn't disappoint. The food in each of the suggested restaurants was beautiful and also the atmosphere was pleasant. One member of staff even allowed us to use their personal shower before our flight home and offered us a room to stay in for a few hours.

Book this hotel, It will make your stay in Rome even more perfect!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple