“Nice place to stay.”
Review of Welrome Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rome
Welrome Hotel
Ranked #585 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at the Welrome with our 2 children. The location is convenient as it is close to the termini. Mary and her husband were helpful and accommodating. They were kind and engaging toward our children. My son looked forward to the delicious croissant and juice every morning. Overall, the room was clean. It was nice for the children to have their own bed. I would definitely recommend this hotel. There also an excellent restaurant next door.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Angelina778
There are newer reviews for Welrome Hotel

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I recently took a long trip throughout Europe. We stayed in 7 different hotels throughout our trip and Welrome Hotel was by far the best. Our room was very clean, comfortable and a great price. The owners, Mary and Carlo, provided phenomenal customer service. They were very friendly and provided great advice about the city. They truly go above and beyond to make you feel welcome.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I recently stayed for 7 nights at Welrome, the price was very reasonable and the service was outstanding. My room was very clean and comfortable. Mary and Carlo are both great hosts and are invaluable with help and advice.
They both gave me great insight into Rome, What to see how to get around the quickest way to sights. The pastries delivered to my room were wonderful in the mornings, I happened to be there for Easter and even received an egg and chocolate eggs in the basket on Easter Sunday morning which was much appreciated as I was travelling alone.. Mary even assisted me to the station with my luggage as I had a heavy case, and also carry on. I am very grateful for there service and would recommend this Hotel highly. Free Wi-Fi was very good.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Pantheon Room, it has double glazing. No noise I slept very well.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Glenys C
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a very pleasant trip to Rome staying for 6 nights at The Welrome Hotel. Although the hotel isn't that big it gets top rating because the owners are extremely friendly, it's very clean and tidy and for a budget hotel is in an excellent location, with all the transport links, train, metro and buses within 5 minutes walk. Also, nearly all the main sights, apart from the Vatican are within 20 minutes walk. Our room was on the small side but more than adequate and we were given free access to the hotel wifi. Every morning a fresh croissant and a carton of juice were provided and a fridge in the room allowed us to keep other items fresh. However perhaps the main benefit of staying here was the friendly advice and depth of knowledge about the city given willingly by the owners, this made for a very relaxing and enjoyable holiday.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My wife and I stayed for three nights and are full of praise. Decor is basic but everything is clean and tidy. Good bed and hot shower, tea, coffee and snacks in room. The couple running the hotel were so friendly and helpful booking a taxi and sights for us. They are effusive with their knowledge of Rome providing guide books and maps. Breakfast of filled croissants and juice are delivered to your room and all you need for the morning.There are good restaurants within a few minutes walk for the rest of the day. Location is great. Termini railway station and underground five minutes walk away and buses seconds away. If you do not mind there being no restaurant or bar I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I recently stayed here for 5 nights. For the price it was well worth it. The owners are very nice and friendly, helping you with any questions and providing a fantastic map of the city. I stayed in the Colosseum room. The room was good, the shower was small but useable. They clean your towels and sheets daily. The WiFi only worked near the door, however I didn't think I would be getting any WiFi so that was a nice surprise. In my opinion there is no need to purchase breakfast, as they provide a delicious crescent every morning! The hotel is about a 7 minute walk to the main train station, Roma Termini. There was always someone there to answer the door at the front desk. Lots of good restaurants around this hotel and a super market around the corner. Excellent stay. For the price, you can't beat it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Josh T
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Excellent position for transport links, supermarket/Internet cafés and laundromat nearby as well as options for cheap dining. Mary and Carlo were wonderful and so very helpful in helping two middle aged women find their way around Roma, they couldn't do enough to help us. Rooms not luxurious but comfortable and clean. Loved our morning croissants. Felt like visitors in a private home rather than paying guests in a hotel. Would stay here again if ever re visiting Roma

Stayed: September 2013