“Great budget hotel, wonderful hosts.”
Review of Welrome Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rome
Welrome Hotel
Ranked #550 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Lithgow, Australia
“Great budget hotel, wonderful hosts.”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

A quiet and practical hotel, close to transport and some good little eateries. Our hosts, Carlo and Mary were so helpful, from booking private museums, recommending the best gelato and tips on where to go and how to get there. Comfy beds, air con was a blessing and while not showy, good clean room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sanj282828

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at the Welrome with our 2 children. The location is convenient as it is close to the termini. Mary and her husband were helpful and accommodating. They were kind and engaging toward our children. My son looked forward to the delicious croissant and juice every morning. Overall, the room was clean. It was nice for the children to have their own bed. I would definitely recommend this hotel. There also an excellent restaurant next door.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Angelina778
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I recently took a long trip throughout Europe. We stayed in 7 different hotels throughout our trip and Welrome Hotel was by far the best. Our room was very clean, comfortable and a great price. The owners, Mary and Carlo, provided phenomenal customer service. They were very friendly and provided great advice about the city. They truly go above and beyond to make you feel welcome.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa M
San Francisco
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I recently stayed for 7 nights at Welrome, the price was very reasonable and the service was outstanding. My room was very clean and comfortable. Mary and Carlo are both great hosts and are invaluable with help and advice.
They both gave me great insight into Rome, What to see how to get around the quickest way to sights. The pastries delivered to my room were wonderful in the mornings, I happened to be there for Easter and even received an egg and chocolate eggs in the basket on Easter Sunday morning which was much appreciated as I was travelling alone.. Mary even assisted me to the station with my luggage as I had a heavy case, and also carry on. I am very grateful for there service and would recommend this Hotel highly. Free Wi-Fi was very good.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Pantheon Room, it has double glazing. No noise I slept very well.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Glenys C
Sleaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a very pleasant trip to Rome staying for 6 nights at The Welrome Hotel. Although the hotel isn't that big it gets top rating because the owners are extremely friendly, it's very clean and tidy and for a budget hotel is in an excellent location, with all the transport links, train, metro and buses within 5 minutes walk. Also, nearly all the main sights, apart from the Vatican are within 20 minutes walk. Our room was on the small side but more than adequate and we were given free access to the hotel wifi. Every morning a fresh croissant and a carton of juice were provided and a fridge in the room allowed us to keep other items fresh. However perhaps the main benefit of staying here was the friendly advice and depth of knowledge about the city given willingly by the owners, this made for a very relaxing and enjoyable holiday.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My wife and I stayed for three nights and are full of praise. Decor is basic but everything is clean and tidy. Good bed and hot shower, tea, coffee and snacks in room. The couple running the hotel were so friendly and helpful booking a taxi and sights for us. They are effusive with their knowledge of Rome providing guide books and maps. Breakfast of filled croissants and juice are delivered to your room and all you need for the morning.There are good restaurants within a few minutes walk for the rest of the day. Location is great. Termini railway station and underground five minutes walk away and buses seconds away. If you do not mind there being no restaurant or bar I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I recently stayed here for 5 nights. For the price it was well worth it. The owners are very nice and friendly, helping you with any questions and providing a fantastic map of the city. I stayed in the Colosseum room. The room was good, the shower was small but useable. They clean your towels and sheets daily. The WiFi only worked near the door, however I didn't think I would be getting any WiFi so that was a nice surprise. In my opinion there is no need to purchase breakfast, as they provide a delicious crescent every morning! The hotel is about a 7 minute walk to the main train station, Roma Termini. There was always someone there to answer the door at the front desk. Lots of good restaurants around this hotel and a super market around the corner. Excellent stay. For the price, you can't beat it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple