“Mislead information and extremely bad costumer service, stay away!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Palma Residence

Palma Residence
Ranked #3,018 of 3,762 Rome B&B and Inns
Odense, Denmark
“Mislead information and extremely bad costumer service, stay away!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I have stayed at Palma Residance for 6 nights (12 - 16) in february 2014 with a friend in the residence they have on Via Varese no.5 and it was the worst experience! The information they offer on is a total lie. You have to know the following before you book a room at this hotel :
1. The room is not heated.
2. The bathroom floor is always wet because of the shower and sink drain is not working.
3.The bathroom does not look like in their photos, it is disgusting and the shower in broke it does not close its doors.
4. the rooms have dirty walls and do not look like in the photos.
5. The reception in not open 24 hours , the receptionist is very rood and he is sleeping all the time and doesn't want to be bothered.
6. The internet does not work!
But the most important concern is the attitude of the of the receptionist!!!!!!!! I have made a complain about him and this hotel to the booking site and also directly to their hotels but they dont care, the hotel replied lying and not even apologizing.
This guy that is always at the reception has cursed an threatened me on several time he is a dangerous and sick person and the managers for the hotel do not care about their costumers!!!!!!!!!When the guy found out that i made a complaint he got extremely violent and i was afraid to go in or out! and This guy has ruined my vacation!!!!! He never wants to be bothered and if he does you can expect the worse from him even physical violence!!!! I will continue to complain about this hotel till somebody erases this hotel from the booking sites or at least change their information and fire that crazy receptionist.
In the meantime stay away from this hotel people, I don't want for anybody to have the same experience as me and my friend did!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Silviu P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I have traveled 4 weeks around northern Italy December 2013 and my last 4 nights were to be spent in Rome. According to Agoda the room that I booked was at an extension. I needed a place to stay not more than 10 minutes walk from Termini as I was pulling my luggage of 20 kilos. Upon check in (10 minutes walk) at Via Verese, I was told by reception that my room was located at Castro Pretorio which was 5 minutes walk away. Reception insisted that the extension was 100 meters away and I said I know what is one meter from 100 meters and Castro Pretorio is 2 blocks away. I know my way around Rome as this was my 10th visit. Again reception said it is 5 minutes walk and I insisted it is 10 minutes walk away. I even challenged the guy to a wager of 100 euros that we measure the distance and the time so he just kept quiet (I always bring my mini meter stick when I travel). I said to the receptionist that what they advertised online was false and misleading and I said that he should apologise for this inconvenience - he did not.
Anyway, the actual room that I stayed in at Castro Pretorio was located in a cluster of 2 big apartment buildings. I stayed at Building B at the 4th floor. For a B&B (this is not a hotel), the room was big with an ensuite. The fridge and television worked including the aircond/heater. Although the building was in front of the main road, it was very quiet and private.
By the way, although the room rate came with breakfast, I did not bother to because breakfast of croissant and coffee was served at Rick's Cafe 3 blocks away. I bought my own breakfast supply at Conads (Termini branch) and had orange juice, bread, cheese, and ham and kept them in the fridge of the B&B - this was better than croissant and coffee.
Had I known that the actual room was 20 minutes walk away from Termini during the time of booking, then I would be happy because I was after the room itself - big with ensuite, comfy bed, quiet and private. But I was misled and reception was really annoying and refused to apologise. I do not recommend the Palma Residence.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Reception is very, very rude.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank juanmanuelrodriguez

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

What you read and see on this website is not necessarily what you get.
I spent three nights there only because for someone who is first time in Rome it seemed like a waste of time to look for another place.
The mismatch between the information on the website was obvious immediately upon arrival - the entire building was covered in scaffolding. The reception - which, by the way is not even a proper reception - was hard to find. The room was not ready at 1 pm but quite after 2 pm, and there was no apology for that from the grumpy receptionist. The way to the room was through long, dingy, locked corridors. Once we found the room it still was not quite ready and I had to wait another 20 min. The window was looking into a light well. The room looked rather inferior compared to the pictures of the website.
In sum, neither the exterior nor the interior of this 'hotel' match the photos on the website. This is a classic case of false advertising.
But the real disappointment happened at the end. When I listed the full complaint to the admin person who was handling my payment (via web, with credit card), she rejected the claim that photos misrepresent the actual place. She also claimed that the staff was not aware that I was not happy (I did ask for another room and I did voie my disatisafction that the room was not ready on time). I suggested she offers me a discount on the orginal bill - she rejected that too. In the end I paid the full sum - 180 euro for three nights.
I my opinion, that is at least 50% over what that place was actually worth.
Do not go there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dusko44
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

The Palma Residence was a great place to stay for a few nights in Rome on a budget. It was very clean and had a nice ensuite, plus a fridge to keep snacks cold. For the price it was great. It was a bit confusing to find - both the main building and then the one where our room was located. Some detailed instructions from the hotel on how to get in would be really helpful. Overall it's a good location and very close to the station.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

We just came back from an adventurous trip in Italy. Complete with trains and backpacking. We could not book ahead since we were being adventurous on our stops. So I would book our hotel the day before arriving to our stop.

Trip Advisor and Hotels.com were my best friends. We tried to stay not only on budget but also to make sure that the hotels were close to the train station. We found this place in walking distance from train station.

When we arrived we were so thankful of how close it was because you WILL walk a lot in Rome. Downfall is that other important things to see are far away. Big plus is that the staff is nice, especially for Rome standards since everyone else is rude.

Breakfast included means just a little pastry but if you are trying to save money this is a pretty nice place. The hotel is not over the top plushy or 5 star but it is fine if you are not delicate about those things. We stayed in worst hotels for a lot more money than this place was.

Room Tip: Make sure you get that free map of Italy you will need it!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Good location as close to Termini station and buses. Advertised with breakfast but this was the let down as we had to walk near to a mile to a small cafe called Rick's. We were greeted with " have you got your ticket"? So we were then told we could have a choice of drink with a cake. Anything else would cost extra. The rooms at hotel were clean and basic which was good for the price. On arrival however, we found that the lift was out of order and we were three floors up. The man on reception did come and help to carry our luggage upstairs and assured us that the lift would be fixed the next morning, which it was. All in all not a bad place to stay.

Room Tip: If you don't mind basic the hotel is excellent for location.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

My girlfriend and i travelled to Rome in Feb 2011 and never got round to the review... Over all rating of Average for the price, the only plus side to this place is the close proximity to the train station. The most annoying element of our stay was the noise one could swear the walls were made of rice paper, we were put in the first room right next to reception, and you could literally hear every word from the staff at reception as well as from our neighbours. We even had our neighbour pitch up banging on the door to complain about the "noise" we were making in our room.. we were promised a double but only discovered two singles pushed together. Ideal for the young budget traveller but if you want a bit of peace and quiet and a place to relax, avoid this place at all costs... the cheap breakfast that they offer was ok at a backpackers around the corner. Overall i wouldnt reccomend this place to anyone, if anything it ruined our time in Rome.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple