“Very well situated !”

Inn Spagna Charming House
Ranked #293 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Cozy lovely room, friendly staff. Excellent neighborhood!
Just they need to serve some breakfast and the shower in our room was extremely small! Really uncomfortable to take a shower there is no place to even hang towels.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Inn Spagna Charming House

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Charming and cozy hotel recommendable for all those who wants to combine shopping and dining in the heart of Rome where you can feel the spirit of the city. Rooms are modernly decorated but I still felt like at home and almost like a local. Location is great cause it is easy to access metro (Piazza di Spagna) but also to walk to most visited sightseeing spots / Piazza di Spagna, Piazza del Poppolo, Piazza Navona, Fontana di Trevi, all the way to Pantheon, Piazza Venezia (Vittorio Emanuele II) to do Coloseo. All the streets around the hotel are mixture of shops, bars, restaurants and sightseeing spots so it is hard to not to enjoy in everything! The staff was friendly, although hotel lacks in space, room was comfortable, cozy and quite.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Una B
Reviewed 28 July 2014

First, the hotel is close to the spanish steps in Rome. This area is mostly a shopping district, with many stores. There were also plenty of restaurants and bars to be found. There is a metro station at spanish steps that is a short walk, 2 stops from termini.
We rented a triple room but on arrival they upgraded us to a suite with two rooms in the annex building. There were three of us so this was perfect - my wife and I shared one room and our daughter took the second room (sofa bed).
The bed was comfortable. There is a safe in the room. The rooms each had a window to the street. Mostly was quiet at night. During the day there were people singing opera and playing violin that came to our windows - nice,
We could not access the wifi from the main bedroom. So my wife and I had to go to the 2nd room (sofa/daughter's couch). Not very convenient.
The room was on the 4th floor. There was a very small elevator - good enough to get our bags up.
Hotel star was helpful - brought our bags up and helped get them down. Also arranged transportation from the airport to hotel (50 euros) and from hotel to cruise port via the hotel management.
The first night the air conditioner kept running all night and condensation made the floor wet. The second night the condensation on the floor was so bad that the water crept up the bed spread into the bed. Called management to ask how to stop the a/c at they point. The next night the air conditioner was unresponsive. I was not sure if someone disabled the air conditioner or it just disabled itself. I found the unit complex to operate.
An internet repeater would fix the wifi problem. The a/c unit just seemed overly complicated.
Still giving it a 5 because of location, price, and service level.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jon P
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great location just outside the spanish steps and close to the spagna metro stop which give you access to the vatacin and colossium. Rooms were good size, clean and airconditioned (while we were in Rome it was at least 90 degrees everyday and coming back to an airconditioned clean room was wonderful). Private bathroom was wonderful and extremely clean, I am a bit of a compulsive cleaner myself and I was very pleased with the condition of the rooms and bathrooms. Rooms have windows that open and over look the stone street. Just off the main roads so its quiet at night. The best thing about Inn Spagna Charming House is by far the staff. They welcomed us like family and helped with everything from getting our bags to choosing meal spots. They are able to easily communicate directions all over rome as well as give great recommendations. I even asked where I could get gifts for family and friends, told them what I was looking for and they told me exactly where to go. I was so thankful to stay in a hotel where I felt like I could trust the staff. I have already reccomened it to family and friends. If and when I make it back to Rome I won't stay anywhere else, Inn Spagna Charming House is the only option!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Maureen M
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Probably one of the cheapest in such a central location with private bathroom and a window. Staff was helpful even after I checked out. Clean, efficient, no surprises. The airport pick up is a good deal if u plan to call a taxi anyway. Room was just big enough, washroom very spacious.

Got an earlier check in at 11am, I was able to take a shower before my conference, that was great!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank wkswong
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and my self stayed at the Inn Spagna from the 19th June for three nights. Our room was in the main building and we upgraded to a larger room. The location was excellent for the main sights in Rome, we walked every where apart from getting the metro to the vatican, the station was a couple of minutes walk. The spanish steps are also two minutes walk. The area where the hotel is lovely and lots of places to eat. The room was very clean, quiet, nicely decorated, and just what we wanted for our stay in Rome. The staff at the hotel were excellent, friendly, helpful , gave us plenty of advice and they added significantly to the enjoyment of our stay in Rome. We would highly recommend the hotel and we would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mona N
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We loved staying at the Inn Spagna. The hosts and all of the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were beautifully clean, comfortable and well-maintained, with attractive contemporary decor. We were upgraded to a suite, which was on the first floor of a separate apartment building and we had the feeling of being in a lovely private apartment rather than in a hotel room.
We did not realize when we booked this hotel, that it was in the perfect location: not all areas in Rome are on the metro line, but there happens to be a station at the Spanish steps, which made it very convenient to visit all the tourist sights, and to get to and from the main railway station with connections to the airport.
We will definitely try to stay at this hotel if we are in Rome again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple