“Modern & clean Vatican area B&B”
Review of B&B Best Vatican

B&B Best Vatican
Ranked #914 of 3,617 Rome B&B and Inns
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Modern & clean Vatican area B&B”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

First, be sure to provide them very specific times you will be arriving well in advance of your trip. We did not do this as specifically as we should have and had trouble once in the area connecting to be let in. Once in though, very clean rooms-modern style, plenty of room and comfortable. Light sleepers, you will hear others exiting and entering. We had to leave early in the morning and felt sorry for those who did not. Breakfast was not to start till 8 but we had to leave by 7:30. We did not ask for this but their server came in at 7 and fixed us a Massive Italian style meal which was very kind and we tipped accordingly.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bktypea

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Loudon, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We reserved 3 rooms for 3 couples, we were told to pay a 30% deposit prior to arriving which is not mentioned on the tripadvisor website. Upon arrival we were asked to pay the full amount - only after showing the confirmation email from them that we had paid the 30% deposit we were told - oh - the property had changed hands. Manager was only seen twice during our 7 day stay. The Air conditioners did not work right in all three rooms - left notes every day - notes were taken so I know they knew there were issues, one was fixed a couple of days before we left, one was not cool at all the entire visit. The temperature was in the high 90s the whole week we were there. We had asked about and were assured mini refrigerators were available in the rooms because of the need for refrigerated medicine (insulin). None of the mini fridges worked. After arrival the answer was that we could use the main kitchen refrigerator. Nite lights did not work. No flexibility on the time of the breakfast - therefore, we only got to eat breakfast on two days because we had to leave early on tours.

Room Tip: We had 3 of the 4 rooms at this bed and breakfast - they were all equally bad
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank blbrown6
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My boyfriend and I spent a lovely week-end in Rome, we stayed at Best Vatican for 2 nights, finding out a nice and clean room, comfortable bed and excellent breakfast directly served in our room!!! The staff is really nice. The subway station is near the b&b and we reached out the Center of the city in about 10 minutes! Lovely stay!! Next time we'll come to Rome, we'll definitly book at Best Vatican!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AbigailHappy7Days
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I stayed here for my last night in Rome and it was just so-so. The building was not marked with any signs (not that I was expecting a huge billboard but a little sign would have been helpful). I stood outside for a good 10 minutes ringing the bell/intercom but no one answered. I finally had to call the other Best B&B to speak to someone and notify them that I had arrived. They told me that the person would be there shortly to let me in. Thank god they were! The room was pretty nice. The queen bed was a little too firm for my taste but I found all of Italy's bed's too firm. The bathroom was nice and big too although the door to the shower was broken so I had to handle it carefully. The woman who let me in did not stay very long, only long enough to give me bad directions to the Metro but luckily I can read a map well enough to get me there. The Metro was a short walk away and it was easy to buy a pass. The area was very nice and not too busy. I opted out of breakfast but there was someone to check me out on time. They also arranged a cab to take me to the airport which was right on time. Overall it was an okay experience. Nothing horrible but nothing to shout about either.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2011

If you don't have a European cellphone or you need onsite help to make dinner or museum reservations, this is not the place for you. Nice rooms and a great location, but we spent a lot of money using our North American cellphones. Breakfast foods were very limited -- some fresh fruit would have been an improvement over the packaged cookies and sliced meat that we got day after day. We lost internet access at least 4 times and were expected to re-boot the WiFi router ourselves. And the lack of an intercom or signage outside the building caused major problems the day we checked in.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Pros - the bed and breakfast is a short walk to the Vatican and one block from the metro. The rooms are very clean, stylish, and confortable. Access to WIFI was also a huge plus.

Cons - the day I arrived the intercom was broken and I could not get in. When finally I did gain entry by calling another bed and breakfast in the building I had no idea once inside where it was located. I was carrying heavy luggage up three and four flights of stairs and I was exhausted. Finally at increased cost I turned on my iPhone to e mail the hotel. My daughter called me on skype at that same time. She was in the room and met me in the small courtyard. If she had not I would have never found it because the stairs that lead to this bed and breakfast were in the back of the building. They arrived sure enough after my e mail to collect the money in cash but I could have been ringing at the door until nightfall. In the morning breakfast was pre-packaged consisting of pastry toast jams and a hard boiled egg. The cappuccino was delightful each day, but three days of corn flakes was a bit much.
This hotel could be great but they have opted to be merely adequate in failing to help their consumers and diversifying breakfast with something as little as a banana or apple. Further the placement of a sign in the hall could save a lot of trouble.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank CaryNC2
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2011

nice place to stay, clean and elegant. I have been in rome for a week with my girlfriend and we had a wonderful experience: She really appreciated the italian design and the elegance of this small but nice hotel. in a word? romantic!
Will be back for our next anniversary!
J.