Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George
Excellent 5/5
  • Spa
Lungara(Rome)
    1,253 results
    All reviewsrooftop barroman bathpiazza navonasauna and steam roomquiet streetspa areawithin walking distancefive star hotelbeautiful hotelvatican cityperfect locationbottle of proseccodeluxe roomtiber rivermain attractionsour honeymoonwonderful stay
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 1 May 2011

We were very happy with this hotel. The staff was great, the hotel is new (opened in 2007) and it is very nicely designed, very modern, all the required conveniences. The location is amazing, close to everything, 15 minutes to the Vatican, only slightly more to the Piazza Navona and the other major attractions. That was the best part. Be prepared to pay the price however. Avoid the hotel restaurant (grossly overpriced) and do not dare take anything from the minibar. It cost me $9 for a small Coca-Cola Light. Use the WIFI in the common areas to avoid the high cost of internet in your room. That being said the hotel was exactly what we expected and we would definitely stay there again.

1  Thank SpartanFan73
    stgeorgeroma, Direttore at Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2011

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the St. George Roma, I appreciate you taking the time to highlight your experience during your recent stay and happy to know that your overall impression about the location, the design, the amenities and the staff our hotel was good!

On the other hand, I do regret that you found the restaurant and the minibar overpriced.

In our “I Sofà di Via Giulia” restaurant, all dishes are prepared with very high quality goods, carefully selected to offer our guests the utmost best of the Italian cuisine.

Notwithstanding this, we offer a wide variety of menus and dishes starting at 35 € for our special combination platters up to the full testing menu for 110 €. You might appreciate being informed that from the opening of our Roof Top Bar Lounge our indoor Restaurant will turn into a real Bistro in the heart of Rome offering a selection of fast and delicious suggestions from the Italian and the international cuisine.

I wish to thank you for saying you were happy with the hotel and would stay at the St. George Roma again, please take my personal assurance that your comments are very much valued and do not hesitate to contact us for your next stay.

Paolo Falchi
    General manager

Reviewed 30 April 2011

poor breakfast (doesn't look like a 5 star hotel at all), rooms were not very spacious but very clean. not bad location, staff was very friendly!

1  Thank MayaMarjiBitar

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much to taking the time to write your review and share your experience during your stay at the St. George Roma.

We are glad you found our staff very friendly and that you appreciated the location of the hotel and the cleanness of our rooms.

We are sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed our American buffet breakfast, that is prepared fresh every day and offers a wide selection of savoury and sweet choices together with cold and hot drinks.

We do fear that you might have reached the breakfast room in the moment the buffet was being refilled or needed to be topped up.

I wish to offer my apologies to you and my personal assurance that your comments are very much valued and that you might permit me an opportunity in future to welcome you back to demonstrate how good a hotel the really is.

Paolo Falchi

Reviewed 28 April 2011

This was the most expensive hotel I stayed in whilst in Europe at 360 euros per night. The room was fine quite large and comfortable the bathroom very small for a 5 star hotel,
    The breakfast was very mediocre . The eggs were cooked hours before and left in a bain mairie, when I asked for freshly scrambled eggs I was told it would cost 10 euros.

The position in via Giuila was excellent. I was there for 5 nights.

The night before my departure I decided to settle my account , which I did. The next morning I dropped off my keys at the desk (which was busy) brought my luggage down and awaited my driver to take me to the airport. He arrived and took my bags and I got in the car. The concierge came running out and arrogantly said to me 'Aren't you going to settle your bill' I was so overcome and embarrased by this that I meekly said I had settled it last night, he then turned on his heel and stalked into the hotel, NO APOLOGY I was horrified. I would never recommend this hotel and never stay there again,

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
    5  Thank lindy11039

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much to taking the time to give us your review and share your experience during your stay at the St. George Roma.

We are sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed our American buffet breakfast, that is prepared fresh every day.

Please accept my personal apologize for the accident occurred in the morning of your departure. Unfortunately we are not always able to recognize customers as the evening shift at the reception is not necessarily covered by the same person the next morning.

Certainly, as you said, our clerk should have referred to you with the most polite attitude as per our standard and I assure you that we have further investigated the above and will act accordingly.

I wish you will give us the opportunity to demonstrate our hotel does have 5 star service and that you will offer us a second chance by booking again the St. George Roma for you next stay in Rome.

Reviewed 24 April 2011

Despite the under-whelming appearance from the street, this hotel was excellent.
    Staff: very helpful, especially given that we arrived early in the morning and they worked hard to check us in even though they were fully booked.
    Location: we really liked the location, away from the more tourist-trodden streets, but still close to lots of great restaurants, the Vatican and many interesting squares and sights, located on a nice, quiet street.
    Breakfast: good breakfast, excellent hot and cold selections, good service
    Room: clean, modern, great bathroom, comfy bed
    Value: good value, we booked through Priceline and got the same rate as we would a far lesser hotel in Rome
    Overall, a great stay and we would happily return.

1  Thank Jason67
    stgeorgeroma, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2011

Dear Guest
    Thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive feedback on your recent stay.
    We look forward to welcoming you again at the St. George Roma.
    Best regards,
    The Management

Reviewed 16 March 2011

The location is perfect for those whose trip to Italy includes Vatican City and the local historical relics.But if you are a shopper you might find it a hassle to have to travel quite a while to the shopping district.

It;s about 10-15 minutes of BRISK walking to the Vatican City, plus a couple of Piazza and Castles.

Food:We enjoyed the buffet breakfast- lovely ambience with good selection of cheese and hams.Nearby- try Luigi and Polese trattoria nearby in a little square along the main road (via Emannuel II)- great Roman cuisine at reasonable price- about E$30 each for a 3 course dinner-serving was generous and we were always filled to bursting. Recommend the mussels/clams/lamb chop/Raviola and sauteed spinach.
    There's some fast food joints along main rd- cheap fried chicken and fries with friendly late-night service by immigrants- great find.

Decor-Modern Classic. esp the waiting lounge.

Rooms- tiny, we upgraded to a junior suite as we could not bear the claustrophobia having been used to spacious rooms in Asia 4-5 star hotels

Service-The bell boy was helpful but the receptionists were quite over whelmed though the hotel seems quite empty, However is still rated as pretty efficient and OK compared to alot of other cities

Security Door- always jammed- we were late for a trip as we struggled to re-open our door to retrieve a camera

TIPS-
    the streets along Rome are very tiny and convoluted, so dont rush or you may miss a turning and get lost.

TRAFFIC-
    Most cars give way to pedestrian crossings so it's still quite a safe city.

We dont encounter any gypsies so far - mainly fellow tourists so we felt very safe.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple