“Perfect and quiet location though expensive”

Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George
Ranked #39 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
Luxembourg
“Perfect and quiet location though expensive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

The good things: confortable, quiet, perfect location near the Vatican, the Campo dei Fiori etc on a beautiful quiet street, Via Giulia, good spa (fantastic to relax after a tiring day), good breakfast, good frontdesk, nice room
The not so good things: room too pricey and services too expensive too: Internetcharges, VOD charges, drinks on the toproof...
The fact that there is not a coffeemachine in the room and no complimentary water; lack of efficiency during breakfast.
If you pay a lot and if an hotel boasts with its five star, it should offer good services and the clients are entitled to a certain degree of service with the price charged.
I liked the hotel a lot but think that it is not 5 star.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank fatimaLuxembourg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

Everything about this hotel is approached in such fine detail, from the house keeping to the breakfast.
A wonderful place to stay

• Stayed June 2010
stgeorgeroma, Direttore at Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George, responded to this review, 13 June 2011
Dear Leinster84
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive feedback on your recent stay.
We look forward to welcoming you again at the St. George Roma.
Best regards,
The Management
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

We stayed at St George Roma for a week in May in a Deluxe Room. For a European boutique hotel, the room and bathroom were more than ample in size. An added bonus was the large walk in wardrobe area. All of the staff were courteous and knowledgeable about Rome, and the local area (which has some of the best (affordable) restaurants in Rome, including Pierluigi at Piazza de Ricci). One of the principal advantages of the hotel is that although it is in easy walking distance to all of Rome's main attractions, it is in a very quiet and safe area. The buffet breakfast, which is included in the tariff, was very good. In addition to the wonderful Italian coffee, a good selection of cereal, breads, meats, cheeses, eggs/bacon/tomatoes etc was available. The dining area itself is intimate, but in the warmer months, we could imagine it would be very enjoyable to eat breakfast in the adjacent courtyard. One of the real highlights of the hotel is a (heated) pool and spa / gym in the basement. It is an unusual luxury to have a pool at hotels in Rome, and was a welcome relief after the many hours of walking the cobblestoned streets each day. Unfortunately, as we were in Rome before the summer season officially starts, the hotel had not opened the terrace area on the top floor, which is reputed to have one of the best views of Rome. We will have to return another time to experience it.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lamel
Dear Lamel
We look forward to welcoming you again at the St. George Roma.
Best regards,
The Management
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

Really liked this hotel. True boutique. Breakfast room was lovely as well. Very conveniently located to Vatican sights, ghetto, campo di fiori market. Away from the madness of the Spanish steps scene.

• Stayed May 2011
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2011

We were very happy with this hotel. The staff was great, the hotel is new (opened in 2007) and it is very nicely designed, very modern, all the required conveniences. The location is amazing, close to everything, 15 minutes to the Vatican, only slightly more to the Piazza Navona and the other major attractions. That was the best part. Be prepared to pay the price however. Avoid the hotel restaurant (grossly overpriced) and do not dare take anything from the minibar. It cost me $9 for a small Coca-Cola Light. Use the WIFI in the common areas to avoid the high cost of internet in your room. That being said the hotel was exactly what we expected and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SpartanFan73
stgeorgeroma, Direttore at Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George, responded to this review, 17 May 2011
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the St. George Roma, I appreciate you taking the time to highlight your experience during your recent stay and happy to know that your overall impression about the location, the design, the amenities and the staff our hotel was good!

On the other hand, I do regret that you found the restaurant and the minibar overpriced.

In our “I Sofà di Via Giulia” restaurant, all dishes are prepared with very high quality goods, carefully selected to offer our guests the utmost best of the Italian cuisine.

Notwithstanding this, we offer a wide variety of menus and dishes starting at 35 € for our special combination platters up to the full testing menu for 110 €. You might appreciate being informed that from the opening of our Roof Top Bar Lounge our indoor Restaurant will turn into a real Bistro in the heart of Rome offering a selection of fast and delicious suggestions from the Italian and the international cuisine.

I wish to thank you for saying you were happy with the hotel and would stay at the St. George Roma again, please take my personal assurance that your comments are very much valued and do not hesitate to contact us for your next stay.

Paolo Falchi
General manager
Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2011

poor breakfast (doesn't look like a 5 star hotel at all), rooms were not very spacious but very clean. not bad location, staff was very friendly!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MayaMarjiBitar
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much to taking the time to write your review and share your experience during your stay at the St. George Roma.

We are glad you found our staff very friendly and that you appreciated the location of the hotel and the cleanness of our rooms.

We are sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed our American buffet breakfast, that is prepared fresh every day and offers a wide selection of savoury and sweet choices together with cold and hot drinks.

We do fear that you might have reached the breakfast room in the moment the buffet was being refilled or needed to be topped up.

I wish to offer my apologies to you and my personal assurance that your comments are very much valued and that you might permit me an opportunity in future to welcome you back to demonstrate how good a hotel the really is.

Paolo Falchi
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2011

This was the most expensive hotel I stayed in whilst in Europe at 360 euros per night. The room was fine quite large and comfortable the bathroom very small for a 5 star hotel,
The breakfast was very mediocre . The eggs were cooked hours before and left in a bain mairie, when I asked for freshly scrambled eggs I was told it would cost 10 euros.

The position in via Giuila was excellent. I was there for 5 nights.

The night before my departure I decided to settle my account , which I did. The next morning I dropped off my keys at the desk (which was busy) brought my luggage down and awaited my driver to take me to the airport. He arrived and took my bags and I got in the car. The concierge came running out and arrogantly said to me 'Aren't you going to settle your bill' I was so overcome and embarrased by this that I meekly said I had settled it last night, he then turned on his heel and stalked into the hotel, NO APOLOGY I was horrified. I would never recommend this hotel and never stay there again,

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank lindy11039
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much to taking the time to give us your review and share your experience during your stay at the St. George Roma.

We are sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed our American buffet breakfast, that is prepared fresh every day.

Please accept my personal apologize for the accident occurred in the morning of your departure. Unfortunately we are not always able to recognize customers as the evening shift at the reception is not necessarily covered by the same person the next morning.

Certainly, as you said, our clerk should have referred to you with the most polite attitude as per our standard and I assure you that we have further investigated the above and will act accordingly.

I wish you will give us the opportunity to demonstrate our hotel does have 5 star service and that you will offer us a second chance by booking again the St. George Roma for you next stay in Rome.