“Great location outstanding adn helpful staff”

Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George
Ranked #38 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
USA
“Great location outstanding adn helpful staff”
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Would definitely stay there again. The SaintGeorge is execellent. Service and hotel decor also top class.. The concierge was very friendly and helpful. The relaxion room provided as part of the spa facilities was superb! lovely hotel.Rooms are luxurious good design perfect for my relax and my family.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
stgeorgeroma, Direttore at Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George, responded to this review, 27 July 2011
Dear JurCost
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive feedback on your recent stay.
We look forward to welcoming you again at the St. George Roma.
Best regards,
The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
Reviewed 20 July 2011

In fact, there is nothing special on this hotel. The rooms are cleans, the service is OK. The bar on the top is interrresting, and the situation is very central.
If you want to be near plazza Navona for an interresting price, go for it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eric_Sl
Dear Eric_SI
We look forward to welcoming you again at the St. George Roma.
Best regards,
The Management
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 16 July 2011

This hotel was clean and modern. The beds were very firm so if you like an average to soft mattress your out of luck. We called the front desk and they only had a thin down comforter to put on top of the mattress. The rooms were small but sufficient. Breakfasts were very good and the servers there were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2011
London
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Went to visit the rooftop bar here. The actual bar area is very nice, but lacked atmosphere (no light music or any music for that matter etc) and extremely overpriced for a cocktail (€20), for ingredients that didn't seem fresh etc.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Tank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us regarding your stay at the St.George Hotel, particularly in visiting our Roof Top Bar and Restaurant Lounge.
Although we note that in general you enjoyed your stay with us, you were not happy with the atmosphere, the price and quality of our cocktails. I do apologize.
Our Roof Top Lounge opens at 7 pm with soft music lounge. At that time the sun is still up but at 9pm the atmosphere changes since all the lights go on and we lit all the candles. The view of St.Peter's, St.Angelo Castle and all the domes is amazing.
All our cocktails and dishes are made with organic and natulral products, our 20 € cocktails are all Champagne cocktails other cocktails have arange of prices from 14 € to 16 €.

I sincerely hope you will give us another chance in the future, so that we can restore your faith in our hotel,

Your sincerely
PAolo Falchi
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I went for my first holiday to Rome. I usually stay in luxurious hotels so I had picked this one expecting just that.
I arrived to a beautiful city and hotel and expected fabulous experience.
The hotel lobby is lovely, the street it's on is idyllic (very Italian) and the location was perfect.
My booking option was one which included welcome gift, free internet and movies all of which I didn't receive which is my only real complaint.
My room was a deluxe room with NO view, again quite disappointing especially since I had emailed the hotel stating the importance of this first trip to Rome for me and it was also a surprise trip for my friend as Rome is his favourite city in the world.
I would definitely travel to Rome again, in fact I'm planning on going back this year but unfortunately after my experience I wouldn't stay here.
It was not five star standard but if the minor things hadn't happened or I hadn't emailed the manager prior to the trip I would have recommended it as a place to stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
stgeorgeroma, Direttore at Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George, responded to this review, 29 July 2011
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the St.George Roma, I appreciate your taking the time to highlight your experience during your recent stay and i am happy to realize that your overall impression about the location and the design of our hotel was good.

On the other hand, I do regret that you were disappointing about the room and the amenities not found or used.

You send us a e-mail with " Dear Paolo" i suppose it was to my attention, saying to do our best to make your stay a bit more special, and no request for a room with a view or up-grade,our Guest Relation Supervisor came back to you saying" we will be proud not to disappoint your expectations". We honored your reservation with a deluxe room as requested the room was quiete but not with a view, the hotel is surrounded by different kind of buildings and terraces, in the room you had a bottle of water with our compliments, also a free internet package,honestly it was not our intention not to grant your request.
I sincerely hope you give us another chance in the future, so that we can restore your faith in our hotel.

Yours sincerely,
Paolo Falchi - General Manager
UK
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I loved this hotel but the lack of wi-fi in the rooms was a real let-down. You have to go downstairs to the lounge or breakfast area to connect. This is 2011!
Small but charming hotel in a great area, away from tourist traps but within walking distance of cool sites. The front desk staff were always helpful and check in and out was a pleasure.
The breakfast is adequate : hot food is limited to pre-cooked scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage.
There is no outdoor pool, only indoor which is fine if no one ese is there due to its small size. The terrace is only open in the evening which is a bit dissapointing.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
stgeorgeroma, Direttore at Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George, responded to this review, 22 June 2011
Dear Guest

On behalf of the St. George Roma, I appreciate you taking the time to highlight your experience during your recent stay.

We appreciated that our front desk staff were always helpfull and answered to all your request.

The St George is located in a building of xv century.. due this fact, the walls are very large, and for this reason it's very difficult to connect by wii fi all the building.

The common areas on the ground floor are connected by wi-fi, the rooms are connected by wired ( cable available on the desk in each room ).

We are working hard to find a better solution to connect all rooms without having problems with magnetic waves that may created by the many wi fi antennas necessary to cover all floors.

Our roof terrace it's very nice and the view of the sunset it's amazing... the problem is that during the day it's very hot ( many times was impossible to stay ) and for this reasons we decide to open only after 7 pm.

I wish you will come again as guest at the St. George Roma for you next stay in Rome.

Paolo Falchi

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2011

The service was rude and unhelpful from checking in to checking out. The restaurant and bar was completely on the three nights we stayed which is self-explanatory. The room was small and uncomfortable with little space between the bed and window. I would not recommend

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sc2088
stgeorgeroma, Direttore at Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George, responded to this review, 20 June 2011
Dear Guest

On behalf of the St. George Roma, I appreciate you taking the time to highlight your experience during your recent stay and we do apologise if your stay was not so good as we normally expect .

We have three room category ( superior, De Luxe and Junior Suite ) total renovated but still located in a building of XV century, for this reason, rooms are no so big that some client can understand for a modern style hotel.

The philosophy of St George is that the rooms were made for night use an large pubblic areas for daytime live.

We are sorry to hear that you find our staff unhelpful that really it's not in our quality standard, for this please accept my personal apologize.

I wish you will give us the opportunity to demonstrate our hotel does have 5 star service and that you will offer us a second chance by booking again the St. George Roma for you next stay in Rome.

Paolo Falchi