“Beautiful hotel in perfect location”

Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George
Ranked #39 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
St Albans, United Kingdom
“Beautiful hotel in perfect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Just returned from a fabulous trip to Rome.
Stayed from Thursday to Sunday in a deluxe king room - wonderful - but why the limited supply of milk for tea and coffee??
Modern well appointed boutique style hotel in a fabulous up market location close to all the "must see" places in Rome. Attentive staff who are not over bearing. Lovely spa and restaurant.
Would certainly return.
A wonderful hotel in a wonderful city.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Steve R
stgeorgeroma, Direttore at Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear Steve R
Thank you very much for your wonderful review, I am delighted to know that you truly enjoyed your stay at the St. George Roma.
I am delighted to know that you very much appreciated your accommodation in our Deluxe Room and our décor and location.
Sorry for the lack of supply of milk for coffee and tea we usually have 2 units of milk per coffee maker! And upon guest request we supply more if needed.
I was very happy to learn that the overall impression of the hotel was very good and I was especially pleased that you enjoyed our spa and our restaurant.
I am particularly proud to know that you found our staff very nice and attentive.
Once again thank you very much for your time and for choosing to stay at the St. George and we hope to see you very soon here in Rome.
With best wishes. Paolo Falchi, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Flamborough, Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed 4 nights - and although we did enjoy the hotel, we were disappointed with our room. It was 111, and featured a disabled bathroom, together with a standard bathroom which perhaps meant that the room was rather cramped? The window view was poor, overlooking some porta-loos! But we did use Bookings.com so I would suggest you book direct and have a dialogue about room choice! Other than that, standard of decor was excellent, as was the breakfast - choice, presentation and service faultless. All the staff were very helpfull. Rooftop bar was closed (just too early in the season) and we missed lunch, being out and about during the day. Via Guilia is a great location - if it's your first time to Rome, make sure you have practical shoes, and be wary of the many scooters, city cars and electric buses that share the little lanes!

Room Tip: Speak with Reception beforehand about room availability and choice.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Steve 0756,
thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us regarding your recent stay at the St.George Rome, and happy to know that your overall impression of the hotel, the décor the staff, breakfast and service faultless, this makes myself and all my team very proud.
On the other and, I do regret that you were disappointing about the room, as I am sure you have noticed, the St.George Hotel is housed by a beautiful 15th century building which gives the hotel character and charm, even though it was totally refurbished we are unable to modify the shape or the size of any rooms and for this reason some of them have different characteristics in your case your room had a double bathroom that is usually closed, in case needed It can be used.
Sorry that you missed our Roof top lunch, we expect to open for dinner first week of June, if you plan another visit to Rome in the near future please do not hesitate to contact me personally and I will do my best to make sure that you will receive a nice accommodation.
With warmest regards. Paolo Falchi, Generla Manager
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

was in rome with my partner for three nights. chose the st george based on online photos- was not disappointed- very nice, smart, clean hotel. we had upgraded to a deluxe room which basically appeared to give you a little more space (we travelled with another couple who stayed in the normal room) and we had an internal view over the atrium of the restaurant. talking to the locals this hotel is situated in a very nice area of rome- on appearance is a cobbled narrow street but litter with expensive antique shops. very walkable to piazza navona, pantheon, trastavere. staff exceedingly professional and helpful. buffet breakfast nice and edible (although nothing extraordinary was a good choice) and was served from a very sociable 6.30 am to 11 am. would stay here again with no qualms, very enjoyable stay in a modern, smart clean comfortable hotel. would have loved to enjoy a drink on the roof terrace but sadly it is seasonal and only to open on the 18th of may this year.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
stgeorgeroma, Direttore at Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Dear scotcat28
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive feedback about you recent stay at the St. George Roma.
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your accommodation in our Deluxe Room and in addition I am very pleased to listen so kind words about my staff.
As you said the hotel is well situated and we are particularly happy to know that you appreciated our location so central.
About the Roof Top Bar and Restaurant, unfortunately the opening depends on the weather conditions and recently we had not a good weather in Rome.
Now it is accesible for lunch and, at the end of May, it will open also for dinner.
I hope to see you soon in Rome in summer so you can appreciate the wonderful view on the Romans domes from our terrace.
Warmest regards. Paolo Falchi, Generla Manager
Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel St. George for one night on a business trip. Check-in went smoothly but things went downhill quickly.

I called down when I first arrived and asked for an iron. Apparently, the wiring is too old in the building for irons to be used. Instead, the hotel has some sort of pressing machine in the basement that literally takes 1.5 -- 2 hrs. to warm up. Waiting for my suit to be pressed made me late to a business dinner. I also had to fight with the front desk because they initially forgot to give me one of the shirts I sent down and initially insisted I had only given them one.

I returned to a 30 Euro bill for the pressing including a "rush" surcharge. I was livid after the nightmare experience I had earlier getting my items pressed. The gentleman at the front desk rolled his eyes at me, told me that there was absolutely nothing that could be done, and essentially blamed the mishap on me for needing my clothes ironed. It was absolutely unbelievable.

The hotel's 30 euro "American" breakfast was gross. Watery eggs, overcooked, dry meat, etc. The room was fine I guess, but the plaster on the bathroom ceiling was cracked and water damaged. The personal safe looked like it had been through a fire recently and was nonfunctional. The bed was rock hard too. I did not expect that at a hotel of this supposed "caliber".

There are many places to stay in Rome at this price point that are as if not better located. Save yourself the headache and avoid this place.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank RdWarrior7551
stgeorgeroma, Direttore at Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear Rd Warrior7551,
thank you for taking time and trouble to write to us regarding your recent stay at the St. George Rome.
We note that, your experience was not too positive and for this I am sorry.
Regarding the laundry and ironing service, due to Italian safety regulation we are not allowed to have irons in the rooms, our laundry and ironing service is available everyday from 7 am to 5 pm except Saturdays from 7 am to 12 am, items receive after 9 am or on Saturday, and returned the same day are subject to 50% surcharge.
We guarantee the service by our staff at all times even for emergency, of course if the laundry room is closed we need extra time to warm up the machinery but we never refuse the service and this may have an extra cost as for all hotels worldwide.
I do apologize for the bathroom ceiling and the safe I personally discussed these issues with the Chief Engineer and the Housekeeping, and as a result they have taken the necessary steps to make sure that similar incidents will not be repeated in the future.
I am surprised to read regarding our buffet breakfast we have every morning: fresh fruit salad, fresh fruit (apples, bananas, kiwi, oranges) different types of fresh daily baked bread included our typical Roman pizza, scrambled egg (maybe a little bit watery other wise they over cook) boiled eggs, bacon, sausage, boiled vegetables (we do not have any meat on our buffet) 4 types of cheeses, different types of cold cuts, muffins and croissants, fresh squeezed orange juice , different types of youghurt, a lot of choice of jam in mono portion glass, cereals ect.ect. I do not think that this is called gross, and believe me the € 30 that we charge is average for all American breakfast in hotels same categories.
I am sorry if you did not enjoy in full your stay in Rome, I hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you again.
Best regards. Paolo Falchi, General Manager
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

Immaculate, high end hotel. Very clean, very pristine. Staff was awesome, helpful and very friendly. Right by the river, easy walk to Trastevere neighborhood, Vatican, Piazza Navona & Pantheon.

Slight negatives: there's no metro stop anywhere near it and not much going on in the direct neighborhood of the hotel. Rooms do not have a view of anything.

Loved this place though, Turkish bath in the basement is a definite plus.

Dear vthokie240
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We really appreciated it.
I am thrilled to know that you found all staff members at the hotel being friendly and caring and, moreover, I am happy to learn that you enjoyed the location, which is one of our strengths.
About the metro stop, it's true that there is no one nearby, but the hotel is so centrally located and reachable by several buses that you can easily walk almost anywhere from the hotel.
Thank you also for mentioning our Spa, the right place to relax after a day out and about. Finally, with regards to the view I would like to underline the fact that rooms overlook one of the most beautiful streets of Rome, Via Giulia, with palaces dated back to the Renaissance period. From the rooms you can appreciate the marvellous buildings, the typical roof terraces and the high domes of the Roman churches.
Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience and I sincerely hope to see you soon again in Rome.
Paolo Falchi, General Manager
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

We stayed for 4 nights a few weeks ago in St. George Hotel, Rome. We would definitely recommend this hotel. It is in the perfect location (centre of Rome) and it is very easy to walk everywhere from the hotel. We felt very safe in the area including walking at night time. Staff are professional, courteous and helpful - special mention to Lamin who was always friendly, helpful and smiling! The rooms / bathrooms were a good size and very clean. The beds were extremely comfortable - best nights sleep we have had in a hotel in a very long time. We loved the fact that breakfast was until 11am just in case we slept late after all the walking. There is a huge choice for breakfast which will give you a great start to the day. We also used the pool, sauna and steam room. The pool is lovely and warm with jets, it is not a pool for swimming but rather relaxing. You have bathrobes and slippers in the room which you can wear to the spa. The pool, sauna and steam room were all clean with a gentle atmosphere.
We had a great weekend in Rome and staying in the St. George definitely added to that. We can't wait to go back!

Dear luisahamilton
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review, I am delighted to know that you truly enjoyed your stay at the St. George Roma.
I was very happy to learn that the overall impression of the location, the staff and the rooms was very good.
I am particularly proud to know that you appreciated the professionalism and courtesy of our staff. I will be very happy to share with Lamin and our whole team your positive comments.
In addition I am delighted to hear that you like the services provided in our hotel; in particularly we really appreciate your positive feedback on our spa and our morning breakfast.
I sincerely hope we will have the chance to welcoming you again soon.
With best wishes. Paolo Falchi, General Manager.
Highland Park, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

We recently traveled to Rome with our two kids ages 15 and 12. We stayed in the family suites which were just perfect for us. We had two separate rooms connected with the hallway so we all had a sense of privacy. The hotel in general is quiet especially for Rome. We like the modern amenities, the breakfast was good, and the front desk and bell staff were excellent. We would stay here again, and certainly recommend it to our friends!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CHItownCAS
stgeorgeroma, Direttore at Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear CHItownCAS
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback and to have chosen the St. George Roma.
I am delighted to know that you very much enjoyed your accommodation in our Family Deluxe Room. I am also very pleased that you liked our breakfast and our amenities and I am very proud to listen so kind words about my staff.
Once again thank you very much for your time and for choosing to stay at the St. George and we hope to see you very soon here in Roma.
Yours sincerely. Paolo Falchi, General Manager