“A true gem!”

Edmonton, Canada
“A true gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Facts:
- Amazing staff. Seriously. One of the best things about Italy is the people, and the staff at hotel lodi are proof. Knowledgeable, incredibly friendly, and truly believe in running a business that is kind to customers. They deserve every cent of their very reasonable room rates.
- 12 minute walk to metro stop San Giovanni and 3 minute walk to a well-serviced bus stop.
- Great breakfast (we ate out in the beautiful garden! unforgettable!) Equipped kitchen available for use was also so handy.

Our Story:
My sister and I travelled to hotel lodi in April 2013. We love Italy, but it can be a little overwhelming at times. Holy Lodi was our cool and calm oasis. We have travelled throughout Europe and Italy, and this is the best place we have ever stayed. We will never forget the kindness and hospitality we were shown, our stay here helped make our trip wonderful! Book it now!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed at Hotel Lodi during my Spring Break trip to Rome this past March, and it was an absolutely wonderful experience! The staff was incredibly friendly, the location was convenient, and the patio was the perfect place to enjoy the ample breakfast and delicious cappuccinos! Absolutely one of the best hostels that I experienced while in Europe.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Bucerias, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Located in a quiet and safe neighborhood with easy access to everything in Rome, this place is a true gem. The staff was incredibly friendly and welcoming to everyone who passed through the door. Ali stood out as an amazing host, truly striving to make each visitor feel completely at home, almost as part of his family.

The hotel/hostel itself was clean and comfortable with nothing negative to mention. The price was in line with my expectations but the nice garden, free computers and included breakfast, along with the exceptional 24-hour service, made it an unbeatable value. I am so happy to have spent my few days in Rome at the Hotel Lodi and would certainly return.

This is my first ever review on Tripadvisor but I feel my wonderful experience warranted the time. Thank you for everything!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

I was greeted warmly- the rooms were good, the host was wonderful. Ali (host) helped me see the most of Rome in the amount of time I had.
I was given a map and Ali sectioned it out into four quadrants and gave easy directions on how to get where and the best times to go. ALSO, where NOT to go. Quite helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

The staff at Hotel Lodi are super sweet. Since I had a reservation, Ali (our host) addressed me by name as soon as I walked in the door. Then we were offered beverages and were told to sit and relax in the garden while they prepared our room and moved our luggage up for us.

The location is about 15 minutes from the Metro and about 10 minutes from the bus stop. Although it is not in a central location that many people often strive for, I preferred it over having a hostel downtown because it was nice to be able to escape the huge masses of tourists and the hustle and bustle of downtown Rome.

Coming back to Hotel Lodi often felt like coming home because it was so quaint and the staff are so kind. When we commented on the fantastic service, Ali said something along the lines of" "I'm a traveler too, and I've been to many places so I try to treat the guests like how I would want to be treated. After traveling for long hours, all you really want to do is sit and relax. Some hostels treat their guests like walking money bags, but we don't want to do that. I want to treat you like people, and I try to do what I can to make you comfortable. I really believe that the good vibes will come back around."

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

I honestly never take the time to write reviews, but after my stay at Hotel Lodi, I felt it necessary to commend their service. To say that the staff was friendly and helpful, is an understatement. Upon arrival to the hotel and completely exhausted, I was encouraged by the staff to get settled into my room and relax, and the check-in process could be completed when I was ready. They then took the time to orient me to Rome's transportation system and best places to visit, along with providing me a customized map of the city. They assisted me with booking online reservations, along with arranging a taxi service. Every morning when I walked downstairs to the lobby, the staff immediately asked if I wanted coffee or a cappuccino, and they had breakfast prepared for me in just minutes. The staff also offered me refreshments when I would arrive back to the hotel in the afternoon. It was the best service I received on my entire trip to Italy. The location of the hotel is moderately residential, and seemed to be pretty safe. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were simple and sufficient. It was a 5 minute walk to the main bus stops and you could access the nearest metro station within 20 minutes. If you plan on touring through Rome, strongly consider Hotel Lodi, as many of the other reviewers agree as well.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Starrmh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

The staff at Hotel Lodi went above and beyond during my stay. They were extremely helpful throughout my 3 nights there and were more than willing to give suggestions on sightseeing and transportation. I left on a Sunday and they spent a half an hour helping me figure out out to get to the airport on time (Buses run on different times on Sundays). I was always welcomed back to the Hostel with a cup of coffee, and the included breakfast was amazing as well! It is located a bit out of the way (although that will change when Metro Line C is complete), but the extra walking time is worth it. You will be well taken care of at Hotel Lodi!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo