“unforgettable first stay!”
Review of Hotel Lodi

Hotel Lodi
Ranked #289 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The Hotel Lodi staff went above and beyond! My travel partner and I were given spoiled with Nutella croissants, our choice of hot drinks and lots of tourists suggestions with a full overview of how to reach our destination. Lodi is close to some of the most hip and exciting night clubs and also near a few markets just in case any transportation strikes occur. I will never forget my experience at this hotel, it was my first backpacking trip to Europe and Rome had so much to offer. Lodi felt like a home base were I was able to room with not only my good friend, but also a few new mates from all over the world looking for and sharing similar experiences!
* Side note: Look for "Ali" at the front desk! he's my favorite!

Room Tip: I suggest rooming with new people if you are backpacking! it was an excellent experience for me and...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Junebug8811

Reviewed 7 August 2013

This place is great. I didn't ever catch the guys name, but one of the front desk guys was just amazing. He spent probably 1/2 hour with my friend and I, mapping out a walking tour of Rome. He recommended a great place to eat that night. He was just INCREDIBLE.
The place itself was nice and clean (for the most part, the showers were a little iffy but I wore flip flops in EVERY shower on my trip so I didn't care), and the gardens outside were beautiful. Not to mention, Hotel Lodi serves up a delicious breakfast of croissants, juice and cappuciano. I would recommend this place to anyone, and I would go back in a heartbeat.
It is a little bit of a walk or a short metro ride into the mainstream stuff in Rome, but I liked being off the beaten path, and the neighborhood was nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank stupy219
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The staff is amazing. Free breakfast in the morning personally served to you and they couldn't be more friendly. They explained in depth the best way to see Rome and made my trip remarkably smooth. It's located in a quiet neighborhood in Rome removed from the touristy center, but I particularly enjoy that as it made me walk through residential areas to get to the tourist bits, showing off more of the real Rome. There is a fantastic restaurant around the corner that the staff can point you to with English-speaking waiters who might have even got a little tired of me eating there so often during my 5 day stay. Located near lots of public transit if you choose to use it, I preferred to walk for the exercise and the site-seeing. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Hotel lodi is a small hotel located in a quite area in Rome.The rooms are basic,but enough for a city stay.The best part of the hotel is the hospitality.good english speaking Staff were always helpfull,warm and frendly.You can ask everything to Alim about city,transportation or something you need.Although he give you a free map and do all explanation about city.Dont worry about nightlife in this area are great bars,espesially one of them(circolo degli artisty) is full with locals and is a great venue with large garden and restaurant.This hotel is pretty enough for budget stay,especially for youngers.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We were looking for a 3 star hotel with budget in mind and booked here based on the glowing reviews but were utterly disappointed. Ours was a triple room with attached bath. There was no dearth of hospitality and it pains me to give 2 stars when you have such a welcoming and helpful host in Ali. Ali immensely helped us with directions to nearby restaurants, supermarkets and pharmacies and with itinerary planning but I cannot write anything nice about the facility.

Make no mistake - this is a hostel and not a hotel of a B&B type! Rooms have a tired look. There is no aircon - we didn't need one fortunately. Plug points are sparse and hidden behind shelves etc. You could either operate the 16" screen TV or the fan as there was only one power source. The room was so cramped that we had to use the child's bed to stove our luggage. There are no paid laundry facilities. There are no lifts either. I could barely manage to move inside the shower, the piping was leaking and water was on the floor. The windows are a century old and do not shut - we had some mosquitos too. The breakfast was apalling - we just had the tea; croissants gave a stale feeling (no butter or jam provided). Apart from tea, there was an awful juice and that was all! I was asking myself if 220Euros for two nights was too small a sum for a broken property in a desolate location.

The nearest metro San Giovanni is a 25 minute walk on footpaths that are full of excreta and smell of urine - this is the same story if you walk in any direction within a 1-km radius centred around the hotel. The buses towards the metro are infrequent and can't be spotted on a Sunday. I feel sorry for Ali to write this review beacause there is potential for this place to strike big with such good staff. May be most of the people coming here do not spend enough time in the rooms - unfortunately for us, our daughter fell ill and we were confined indoors for two days and could only feel happy checking out!

3  Thank Its_Casti
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Hotel Lodi was the starting point of our tour of Italy and having chosen all of our accommodation through 'hostelworld' we didn't really know what to expect. We definitely made a good choice (thankfully, as we were to return at the end of our tour before flying home)! The hotel was excellent - rooms are basic but well furnished and decorated, beds were comfortable and the en-suites, although dated, were perfectly functional.

Breakfast was excellent - a choice of hot drinks freshly made by the staff and delivered to the table with delicious fruit juice and a selection of croissants/pastries (2 per person). Breakfast could be eaten outside in the beautiful garden or in the common room, which contains a couple of computers and small selection of books.

Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, giving an in-depth but speedy explanation of the city using their free city maps, phoning for taxis, advising on booking Rome's many attractions and and making our breakfast early so we could catch out flight home. A small kitchen can be used to make quick snacks and small meals (sink, fridge, microwave, electric ring for pans, plates/cutlery/glasses etc).

As the hotel is located out of the city, it is a 5 minute walk to/from bus stops giving easy and cheap access to the rest of the city via bus/metro (in Rome 1,50€ gives 100 minutes of continuous travel on any combination of bus/metro/tram - more than enough to reach the furthest areas of the city centre).

We felt the hotel/hostel provided very good value and would definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Rooms 2 & 6 are nearly identical, containing a double and two single beds, with an en-suite show...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2013

this is a family run charming homely hotel a little away from centre of Rome but very accessible.we traveled to other places in Italy but the breakfast is the best at Lodi-the croissants are amazing-filled with chocolate and cream -heavenly ! More than friendly and helpful -Ali we enjoyed your company and chat.Even Gabrialdi (hope i got that right) who checked us in.Oh check-in and out is a breeze.Taxi-in 3minutes flat.Wi-fi with the PCs for people to use.
Rooms have all that a tired (Rome makes for a hectic sight-seeing) traveller needs.Hot water, towels, nice beds,quiet-slept like a log.
They were sweet to send me tea in the room one night when we were very tired.Will never forget it.Thanks...
Around there are many nice eating places -dont miss eating at via osteriana-2good places.
Metro is the best way to travel.

Room Tip: Ours on first floor from which you can see the breakfast garden is good !
1  Thank Medha D