I stayed here for five nights in September 2010, I booked through wotif so I paid 60€ for a single room. However on arrival the reception had no record of my booking, the manager was extremely apologetic and called several other hotels to try and find me a room. Eventually with no luck, he did some room swapping and upgraded me to a double room on the fifth floor.
The room was great, really clean and big, the bathroom was very modern, clean with a hair dryer. The only thing was the shower takes about 7 minutes to get hot.
The street noise is well insulated from the room so with the window closed it's quite quiet, however the wall to wall insulation between rooms is terrible and at night I could hear my neibours using the bathroom, and awoke several times to banging doors. There was also a couple next door, and due to the poor sound insulation I was woken up several mornings by their love making.
The only thing I would say that is negative about Hotel Verseilles is that although the manager is very friendly and helpful, there isn't a whole lot of tourist information, and as it isn't necessary to pass the reception to leave the building, you don't really feel like it's convenient to stop to ask questions. Once you check in, they pretty much leave you alone until you check out, which is great for an independent traveller but if you were in a family or aren't great at navigating/booking things/finding out information alone, it isn't ideal.
The other small thing is that Hotel Versailles is quite hard to find for the first time, as it is in a residential/office building with no signage, the only clue is the little name tag on the buzzer next to the front door.
- Good location (4 min bus to Termini station)
- Well worth the price (mind you I did get a discount booking through wotif and as mentioned my room was upgraded)
- Really clean, modern rooms
- Comfortable bed
- No street noise
- Air conditioning
- Modern TV with cable tv and an english channel
- Fridge and safe in room
- Free unlimited fast wifi
- Friendly staff
- Restaurants close by
- Just metres from Taxi rank
- Bad sound insulation between rooms
- No breakfast
- Lack of tourist information
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Versailles is a small, elegant, beautiful and very confortable hotel in Rome center. All rooms are air conditioning provided, they all have TV, free internet wi-fi connection, safe, airdryer, electronic locks. Hotel Versailles is close to Termini railway station, to Galleria Borghese Museum, to the Spanish Step and perfectly connected to all the rest (Colosseum, St. Peter's Basilica ....). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotel.de, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Versailles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.