Hotel Diocleziano(Rome)
US$310
US$224
Mercure
  • Pool
Hotel Nord Nuova Roma(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$112
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

Hotel Colosseum(Rome)
US$219
US$167
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$187/night.

Augusta Lucilla Palace(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$938
US$148
Priceline
Hotel Artemide(Rome)
US$423
US$353
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsboutique hotellovely boutiquespanish stepsgreat propertyjunior suiteheart of romecoffee machinewalking distancelovely roomrooms are spaciousbreakfast roomother guestswould definitely stay here againstefaniapiazzaprivacyapartment
Reviewed 1 December 2014

We stayed 3 nights in room 9. It is facing the back couryard, and it's very quiet. Great location, easily accessible to many attractions. The room was beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. Without exception the staff were amazing, there when needed but left you alone to enjoy your peace. We did use the spa which was nice, but would have been nice if they included an hours spa use for free every day considering the price of the room. My only niggle was the breakfast in the morning, it was very haphazard continental with different bits every day, my partner who loves either ceral or a full english was left hungry every time.

Room Tip: we found our room facing the back courtyard very peaceful and quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheHun76
Reviewed 26 October 2014

My husband and I began our honeymoon at PiazzadiSpagna9 in early October. The whole stay, from start to finish, was wonderful. The only issues I had were bathroom privacy and morning noise, which I will address a little later.

Staff: From my initial contact with Stefania (the manager), I knew I had found a great property. She was so helpful and patient with me as I booked my reservation. We needed a late check-in and even though we arrived after 11 pm, we were greeted so warmly and felt at home immediately. Throughout our stay, we felt very looked after in a non-intrusive way. The true stars were the maid, who meticulously tidied our room and Jennifer, at the front desk. My husband got ill on our last day and we had to change our entire itinerary. She was a life saver on our last afternoon in Rome. She was so kind and also helped us problem solve, even making phone calls for us to ease communication. Five stars for Jennifer!

Ambience: As other reviews have mentioned, the hotel is really beautiful. It is not warm, as all the walls and floors are white, but it is very calming. The art is really well curated and the thoughtful placement continues into the rooms.

Location: The location is fabulous. It is directly on Piazza di Spagna and most points of interest are within walking distance. If a cab is needed, there is a queue right outside.

Room: We were in The 9. It is one of the suites and it was spacious and comfortably designed. The bed was big (comparable to a US king) and the closet space was ample.

My two issues were with:

1. privacy in the bathroom. The door that divided the bathroom from the living space had big slats with an open grate. This left no effective seal between the two rooms. I love my husband, but I definitely would like more privacy. The doors were gorgeous but offer no privacy whatsoever. When one of us needed privacy, the other needed to leave the room or listen to music in one corner of the room. Definitely a little awkward. If they gave up the aesthetic of the door for more privacy, I think it would be better.

2. Our room looked over a beautiful courtyard that was unfortunately shared by an elementary school playground. During non-school hours, it was gorgeous and peaceful. Sadly, starting around 7 am M-F, there are kids yelling and people blowing whistles. This went on all day until the school closed. By the fourth night, I was actually getting anxious when I went to sleep, knowing I was going to be woken by whistles. I recognize that the hotel can do nothing about this, I just wish I'd known so I could possibly pick a different room. That is why I'm passing this on to other Trip Advisor users!

The hotel is so wonderful and the staff is so lovely that these two issues do not really affect my rating. If morning noise bothers you though, ask for a room facing the interior courtyard.

Room Tip: If morning noise bothers you, pick a room facing the interior courtyard. You might get less light, but you will have a lot more quiet.
2  Thank Julie L
Reviewed 25 October 2014

We stayed at Piazza di Spagna 9 in early October. Our stay was far too short and we look forward to returning soon. The hotel and rooms are beautiful, comfortable, and peaceful. Jennifer and the rest of the staff were delightful and helpful. The location is exquisite; you can see the Spanish Steps from the dining area. Entering the hotel building through the courtyard makes you feel like a local. Grazie Tutti! We look forward to seeing you again.

1  Thank Anders E
Reviewed 23 October 2014

A beautiful small modern new hotel.Just minutes to the Spanish steps.
We had a beautiful room and I loved the fresh sun flowers around the hotel.
Breakfast was good,but the added bonus was Jennifer a great asset to this hotel,she is a lovely gentle girl who gave us great tips of things to do in a Rome.
She gave us advice on good restaurant s to go to and a great vintage market on Sunday.
If I go back to Rome I would stay here again.

1  Thank Irish_CailinDublin
Reviewed 16 October 2014

A little bit tricky to find as on third floor of building but well worth the effort. Walking into the hotel was like entering an oasis of calm luxury. The bedroom we had was called Aria which had a small veranda and was situated at the back of the hotel. The room itself had a fabulous 6 foot bed and luxurious bathroom with white towelling bathrobes as an extra special treat. There is a small spa down the corridor which we didn't use. The hotel is spotlessly clean and decorated with pieces of art - pictures and furniture - which are also for sale. The staff could not have been nicer from Jennifer on reception and the morning waiter who's name I didn't catch and the cleaner who spruced up our room beautifully. The breakfast was original with a selection of cereal, cold cuts, frittata (delicious), homemade cake. fresh fruit, salad - sounds a weird combination but was amazing. Internet was free and worked seamlessly. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: I only saw my room and I suspect they are all of a similar standard. Our room at the back was quiet but I suspect the front of the hotel could be noisier given the location at The Spanish Steps