“A very pleasant evening in Rome”

I Virtuosi dell'opera di Roma
I Virtuosi dell'opera di Roma: La Traviata
Ranked #90 of 1,516 things to do in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Orchestra I Virtuosi dell'opera di Roma was created in 1999 by the cultural association Musica&Musica and it is now recognized as the first example of private concert organization unfunded by public moneys. The founding members goal was to create a musical ensemble prone to perform lyrical opera and for this reason they have selected only the best members of the most prestigious Italian conservatories. From the beginning directed by M° Adriano Melchiorre, famous international director, the Orchestra gets itself noticed in the main Italian and European concerts and festivals. From 2001 the concert seasons of the Orchestra of I Virtuosi dell'opera di Roma are in Rome, mondial capital of "bel canto", and offer every year to thousands of spectators the possibility to be in contact with lyrical opera and its fascinating culture which make it the ambassador of the Italian spirit in the world.
Zichron Yaakov, Israel
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“A very pleasant evening in Rome”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

It is a performance of opera arias given in a very easy and comic style. It suites , in my opinion, to everybody and is just complementary to a nice trip in the city for a pleasant evening ( 20:30 - 22:00 aprox.). It takes place in the church of St. Paul within The Walls , which has excellent acoustics.
The performance runs now for years(without amplifiers ) - a9 member orchestra and 4 good singers , again in my non professional opinion. I have seen the same program twice , about 3 years ago and this month ( March 2014) and enjoyed it a lot, as well as all the visitors , judging by the applauds , so I certainly recommend . Tickets are available on the internet site on the same price : 30 Euro for the front block of the seats ( unmarked, so who comes first get the better location) and 25 ( or 20 Euro, sorry , but I don't remember exactly) for the back seats, also unmarked. Getting there 40-45 minutes before the starting time, ensures the best places. The entrance starts 30 minutes prior to the performance opening time .

Visited March 2014
3 Thank yossmiller
Musicaemusica, Gerente at I Virtuosi dell'opera di Roma, responded to this review, 3 October 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for your excellent Review, which we were delighted to read! We will pass on your compliments to our staff, which is the best motivation we can offer!
Kind regards.
I Virtuosi dell'opera di Roma.