Hotel Rosetta
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Villa della Fonte(Rome)
Sanzio(Rome)
View Hotel
Hotel Residenza San Calisto(Rome)
Hotel Ponte Sisto(Rome)
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Residenza In Farnese(Rome)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvia cavourgreat locationextremely helpful and kindrooms are basic but cleanprivate courtyardmonti neighborhoodfriendly receptiona family run hotelbusy streettrain stationfive minute walkno elevatoraround the cornersight seeingforumcolloseumeurope
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Hotel Rosetta was centrally located to the major attractions in Rome, less than 5 min. away from the Colosseum and Forum, the metro, and so much more. Walking into the small lobby we were met by the family who runs/owns the hotel. Their children were being watched by their grandparents, off to the side, and it was lively. We felt the family connection and knew we were in the right place. They were so helpful, giving direction, providing a map of the city, and marking routes. Basically anything we needed, they were there for us. We stayed in a side area off from the courtyard, and it was an interesting setup--which added to the charm. The rooms were clean, and comfortable. In the lobby they sold water at super reasonable rates, which made it so convenient when heading out for the day, or returning to our room. If we come back to Rome Hotel Rosetta is where we will stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jo_Ann000
Reviewed 7 May 2013

In late January we booked a 15 night transatlantic cruise from Fort Lauderdale, and planned to spend two nights in Rome post cruise, before flying home. We were torn between a standard, "big name" hotel, and a more interesting/culturally-immersive stay in a neighborhood B&B. We opted for the latter and booked through Hotels.com during the first week of February.

UNFORTUNATELY, we did NOT book with Hotel Rosetta but a nearby competitor. We received, printed, and packed our confirmation from Hotels.com. As another indicator of THEIR great service, while on the cruise, we received an email informing us that our reservation was confirmed, and no further action was necessary. All set, and good to go... or so we thought.

Our Shuttle driver dropped us at the door to this other establishment, helped unload our 4 pieces of luggage, and continued on his way. It was only then that we were told by the hotel manager that WE had CANCELLED our reservation, (I can ASSURE you this was NOT the case) and that no room was available! THIS was the moment when I started to get more than just a little concerned, and when my girlfriend started to panic.

FORTUNATELY... a VERY gracious gentleman, who owns a musical instrument repair shop next door, took pity on us and made several phone calls on our behalf. Just two minutes later he gave me directions to walk about half way around the (very small) block from where we were. At the end of that short, two minute walk, I found Hotel Rosetta and salvation!

At the front desk, I met an absolutely WONDERFUL young lady named Francesca, who quickly earned the well deserved moniker of "Ambassador Extraordinaire" for Rome in general, and her family-run Hotel in particular. She insisted I visually inspect the room prior to accepting it, and was almost apologetic that it was the largest (and ONLY) room remaining, and that the price might be higher than we would like. It WAS quite a bit larger than what we needed, but NEED it we did, AND it was only 10 euro per night more, than the room we had booked! It was also nicely appointed, comfortable, quiet, and SPOTLESSLY clean. (The ONLY thing keeping me from rating our experience a 5 was a mattress somewhat firmer than our liking.)

Hotel Rosetta is in a fantastic location less than two blocks from the Roman Forum and most major bus routes, AND less than four blocks from the Colosseum. There are HUNDREDS of quaint shops and restaurants in LESS than a 5 minute walk in any direction!

For the next two days Francesca and her family helped us with planning our sightseeing excursions, bus routes, restaurant recommendations, and taxi service to the airport. I simply can NOT say enough about the INCREDIBLY friendly and helpful service we experienced at Hotel Rosetta. I would stay there again in a heartbeat! Once again... THANK YOU!

(And if all that wasn't enough, the most delicious gelato I have ever tasted is right across the street! ENJOY!)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank navyrotorhead
Reviewed 26 April 2013

The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. It is a great location and I was loaned a hair dryer so I didn't have to take one to Rome. The accomodations are simple but all one could want as most of our time was spent touring. There is a bus stop across the street from the hotel to help you get around. We didn't know this and walked to the hotel from Termini Station. We returned to Termini Station by bus with our luggage when we departed Rome. Cavour is a busy street with lots of shops and restaurants. The gelato we ate for supper every night. I miss it already. The hotel supplied a map of Rome with the main sites listed that we wanted to tour. I can't say enough about the service and the location of this hotel. It is a great value for its location.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MagnoliaMS101
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in while traveling. The location was prime, literally down the road from the Colosseum and also near a subway stop. We arrived early and our room was not quite ready, so we left our bags and went to explore. When we returned, the young man working at the front counter carried our bags up to our room on the second floor, which we greatly appreciated. The space in the hotel was perfect. The staff was more than friendly throughout our 3 night stay. We realized on the first night we forgot our converter in Florence and were loaned one from the front desk. They also helped us make reservations at the Vatican Museum. We had a wonderful stay, if I am ever back in Rome I will be staying here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jessica K
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The rooms are basic, but you wouldn't want to be spending much time in it with the Colloseum just at your doorstep? The street where the hotel is has lots of restaurants to choose from, an internet cafe is nearby as well as a laundry which is helpful if you have been travelling around for a period of time. The staff was extremely helpful, even though you knew they were struggling with their English they still will offer help and point you to the right direction. Will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: I got a good deal by contacting the hotel directly!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends