Some may find the Capannelle a little far out of town but if you want a swimming pool and a location in the heart of ‘real’ Rome for a bargain price, I would thoroughly recommend it. The rooms are clean and a good size, the breakfast is excellent and the small pool is very welcome to cool-off in after a day of sightseeing around Rome. Use the hotel shuttle bus to take you to the Cinecitta metro station in the morning where you can catch a train into the heart of Rome for just a few Euros. It takes about 25-35 minutes depending on where you want to go in central Rome and it can become very busy in the morning. On return, get the metro to Colli Albani station and catch a bus (664/663) back to the hotel. It is easy once you have done it the first time and you get a taste of real Rome using public transport.
For visitors from the UK, Rome is dirt cheap at the moment and if you shop around slightly away from the main attractions you can get a fantastic coffee for less than a euro, a huge meal for less than 10 euros and world class ice-cream for less than 3 euro. You should expect to put on at least a kilogram in weight for every day you stay in Rome – well I did, anyway!
The evening meals in the hotel are rubbish and the little eating shops close to the hotel are no better but if you walk down to the main road (Via Appia Nuova) and go to the left for about 400m you come to a lovely little restaurant now called Gusto. The food is great and cheap by UK standards. It is a nice local restaurant so you feel you are getting some authentic Roman life not the tourist version you are fed in central Rome. There is also a supermarket about 100m from the hotel (to the left) which sells everything at Italian prices (not tourist rates) which are generally much, much lower than in the UK. For example a bottle of Cava is only 2 euros and a 500ml bottle of beer is just 1.70 euros.
If you are combining some 'cultural enrichment' with a bit a budget sunbathing I would recommend the hotel Capannelle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 250 guest rooms. Located just 9 km from downtown, 30 km from FIUMICINO airport and 4 km from CIAMPINO Airport, Shuttle bus service available. Complimentary off site car and pullman parking, on site parking for 280 cars available with a fee, 9 conference rooms with 2000 sqm of total meeting space, outdoor swimming pool and 500 sqm roof with a breathtaking city and Castelli Romani’s view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Capannelle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domina Roma Capannelle Rome
- Domina Roma Capannelle Hotel Conference