“Wonderful location and a Great Staff”
Review of Baldassini B&B

Baldassini B&B
Ranked #2,106 of 3,779 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the centrally located Baldassini BB, Via delle Coppelle. After a great first visit we came back to spend our last four days in Rome here because we enjoyed being there. It appears from the street to be a residence. We stayed in three B&B while in Italy and the definitions vary from the simple to the more indulgent. This is more like living in an apartment that you have rented with the bonus of a excellent part time staff. Francesco Carfa the owner is often on premise, greeting guests and tending to business. He was just a phone call away when we needed him and always did his best to make us feel comfortable. Ruby takes good care of us in the morning, generally leaving around 12:30. She is there to make and bring you a lovely breakfast, clean and manage, answer questions and help in any way she can. The breakfast was great, just tell her what you want and what time. She did her best to make the coffee just the way my wife wanted it, somewhere between espresso and cafe American.
There are three rooms, the larger front room overlooking the street and two smaller rooms that are comfortable and accommodating. It is not a grand hotel but more like a simple apartment. The beds are typical solid construction, the blackout drapes properly darkened the room, we slept well. The furniture in our room was, a wardrobe, lamp tables on each side of the bed, a small drop leaf table, two chairs. A small refrigerator, toaster, small TV, Francisco showed me the channels for football and sports. The air conditioner worked great and it overlooked a small enclosed roof area where you could open the window for fresh air. The bathroom was narrow, clean and more than adequate. Available in the hall are an iron, ironing board, microwave, guide book, maps, wine glasses and cork screw and a computer with Wifi, and a printer. If you have a problem just ask they will do their best to fix it.
You will have no problem walking to most of the central sites in Rome. The Pantheon is just around the corner, as are many other historical sites, restaurants, shops, department stores, grocery stores and just about everything you will need. It is close to government buildings and you will see many government workers in the area, walking, shopping and eating. We would highly recommended that if you are an independent traveler to give the Baldassini a visit. It is a great value in a wonderful location.

Room Tip: The front room is larger and overlooks the street. We were in the middle room and for two it was fin...
1  Thank Alazzo

Reviewed 11 October 2012

We stayed at the Baldassini B&B in Rome both at their Piazza Navona-Pantheon branch (3 nights) and at the Trastevere branch (1 night before our return flight). Both locations are great for city walks, central, close to most attractions and surrounded by restaurants, cafes and bars.
At the Piazza Navona branch we stayed 4 in one room. It was a little tight, but we managed. It was clean and not very noisy. The breakfast was good, but it was served into the room which created a bit of discomfort.
At the Trastevere branch we got an apartment with 2 clean and spacious bedrooms which was great, but it was situated at a rather noisy street corner, so we couldn't open the window at night. The breakfast is served at the cafe downstairs and includes hot drink, juice and croissants.
I recommend to stay there if you don't have stylish demands and need a clean place to crash after walking all day in a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed at Baldassini in May of 2012 and enjoyed very much this nice B&B. Francesco cares very much for his customers and we had an experience that proved that. We had a problem with something in the room upon check-in that needed attention right away. Fransesco was gone for the evening but after our phone call to him personally came over and rectified the problem- for that alone we highly recommend Baldassini.
This was a nice quiet place where we rested well. The location is great- a 5-minute walk to the Pantheon and Piazza Navona, and approximately 15-20- minute walk to the Vatican. Many other attractions are close as well including nice restaurants and wine bars. The price was very reasonable for such a nice location, but the service was the best.
Ruby fixed us bacon and eggs in the mornings along with coffee, cereal, cheese, fresh juice, and toast. It was a treat to have it brought to our room. It was always nice to see Ruby or Angela in the mornings with their great smiles and attentiveness.
We stayed in the Red Room and thoroughly enjoyed the view out the window and viewing the locals go to and fro. The room and bathroom were very clean and the bed was very comfortable.
We would definitely stay here again. A very good choice and we highly recommend.
Thanks Francesco!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We've stayed in Roma many times and this location between the Pantheon and Piazza Navona is by far the best. Baldassini is clean and simple, nothing fancy but with a comfortable bed, clean bathroom and free internet. The breakfast is served in the room and was very minimal--cereal, milk, a few slices of meat and cheese. Fruit would've been nice but you can go to Campo dei Fiori easily for that. We never saw the owner/host during our weekend stay but spoke to him on the phone. He was nice but this B&B is more for independent travelers who know the city already. If you've never been to Rome before you may need a concierge or front desk staff to ask questions. But I recommend it purely for the price and locale. It's 2/3 the cost of places in the same area and such a steal! Again, the location can't be beat.

1  Thank ndmalia
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Enjoyed our get-away to Italy and our lovely room! Friendly owners and staff! Helped with locations of sites and eating suggestions! Very well located for walking and seeing the sites of Rome! Excellent breakfast and enjoyed sitting by the open window and sharing the cool breeze and hearing the sounds of the street below!

1  Thank deytexas
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I have to admit this review is very late. For many reasons my life became very busy after my meeting in Rome. I stayed at Baldassini in February of 2012. But a review is better late than never :-)

I went to Rome for a meeting and was only there for two nights but I definitely made the right choice to stay at this fantastic B&B.

I arrived very late because of delays to my flight. Francesco had been trying to contact me but I had sent the wrong number in my email so he couldn't get in touch. The whole mix up was completely my fault but Franceso made me feel so welcome and insisted on upgrading me to the best room in the house at no extra cost which was so kind of him. He was also very helpful and offered lots of information about the best places to eat and gave me a map.

My room was great! Very spacious, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was also excellent.

The location was absolutely perfect for everyhing and everywhere and was less than a minute to walk for my meeting the following day.

I would definitley stay at Baldassini again and I am very grateful to have had such a lovely place to stay in beautiful Roma.

Stephen Harper - London

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Sean B
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights while in Rome, located around the corner from the Pantheon. Francesco and Isabella were great hosts. They gave us recommendations on where to go and what to eat. He made an awesome breakfast spread for us each morning! More than enough food for 2. The only problem we had was renovations being done behind the wall we would hear a hammer late at night while we were trying to fall asleep. He gave us a keepsake as a parting gift which I thought was very sweet!!! Definitely a good anniversary stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple