“Great Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,141 of 3,736 Rome B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Perfect location for walking all over Rome. Right near the Pantheon and Piazza Navona.
We stayed in the Yellow room. Quite small, but over all fine and clean. It did smell of smoke, however, I think due to the courtyard below the window. The bathroom is private, but through another door. The bedding and bathroom could use some upgrading, but you can't find a cheaper/nicer place for this location. Ruby, the maid, is very kind and brings you breakfast to the room.

Room Tip: Yellow room is small, but fine if you just need a place to sleep after exploring the city.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jdon16

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Zug, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We have been to this B&B from April 11th to April 13th, 2014. We had a good time. Ruby took very good care of us. The Breakfast was delivered to our room and we had more then enough to eat. Wifi worked just fine. The Price/Value Ratio is very good for Rome. Book with the hotel directly and not via booking.com or any other website. You will receive an answer asap.
If we are in Rome again we would stay at the Baldassini again. Thanks for a great stay and thank you again Ruby for your excellent hospitality.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Derry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of March 2014. It really is the perfect location for exploring Rome. You can walk to all the main tourist attractions within 20 mins (Vatican City, Colosseum etc), plus the likes of the Pantheon and the Trevi Fountain are a mere 5 mins away.

The room was a little small, but with the high ceilings it makes it feel bigger. The rooms are also very comfortable and warm.

Breakfast is served each morning and brought to your room which is a nice touch.

Francesco (the owner) also sent us a list of the best restaurants and cafes to experience which we found very helpful.

Overall, I couldn't recommend the Baldassini B&B highly enough. If we return to Rome, we will definitely be staying here.

I should also mention I left my mobile phone in Rome and the owners (Francesco and Angela) posted my phone back to my home address. Honesty of the highest degree!

Stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tony G
San Juan Capistrano, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

When choosing the B&B I picked it based on all the reviews that wrote about location. However, I had no idea that the location would be as wonderful and convenient as it was. It was walking distance to all the attractions and just around the corner from the Pantheon and the Trevi Fountain. The room was large and well kept. The breakfast was more food than we could eat most mornings. The host emailed me a comprehensive list of things to do and great restaurants to try, including coffee and gelato spots as soon as we arrived. This is a prime location and I can't imagine staying anywhere else on my next visit to Rome!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank M_Fehlman
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Even if you have the budget for the best 5 star hotel in Rome I can't imagine why you would stay anywhere other than this absolute gem of a B&B!!! The location is perfect - you can walk to every major attraction within 20 minutes, the roads around are just beautiful to wonder through and within minutes you can be sitting in a cafe outside the Pantheon having a glass of wine. The B&B itself is well set up. The rooms are actually much larger than they appear in the photos and they were very clean, comfortable and also had character to them - not another boring hotel room. The owners are just lovely! Really helpful and have fantastic advise on walking routes and restaurants. Absolutely cannot recommend this place enough - it was perfect!!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Benbrook, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We came to Rome on our Honeymoon, and had never been before. I made the arrangements for this hotel online (via email), 2 months before I arrived. I was a little nervous about that, but Angela (our hostess) was awesome, and greeted me by name when we arrived! we got there early, and the people leaving our room were just checking out. We needed to wait for it to be cleaned before we could check in, but Angela let us stow our bags there, gave us a priceless detailed map (that was better than the one from my guide book, by far!), and showed us the lay of the land (and several restaurant recommendations) so we could go have lunch while she cleaned the room. The location is spectacular! We walked from Piazza Navona to the Pantheon (which was literally around the corner). The room was spacious, clean, and had several outlets. The wifi had a strong signal, and the simple breakfast Angela prepared was great. I cannot say enough good things about the location. We walked everywhere: spanish steps, trevi fountain, pantheon, the capitoline, the colosseum, all from the hotel.

The ONE* draw back was the noise outside (especially in the evening). I think it's something that goes with the great location though, I mean, because the hotel is near everything, people are walking by and because restaurants are close you can hear diners. The rooms are not on the first floor and that helped a bit with the noise, but I noticed it a bit at night. During the day, though, it was fun to open the window and watch people pass :)

All together, the hotel was one of the best, and Angela's recommendations are spot on which makes for a fabulous introduction to Rome. It was worth every penny in my book!

Room Tip: There's no elevator (as far as I could tell) but their weren't many stairs, and the stairwel...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrea A
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Baldassini B&B is located in one of the best locations for touring Rome by foot. We were within walking distance to everywhere we wanted to go and there are many good restaurants right outside the doors and more around the corner.

The room and bathroom were clean and more spacious than I had expected. They aren't large by any means, but I was prepared for very tiny rooms. Rome is expensive and if you compare Baldassini B&B to what you would get for your money in an average city in America you may be disappointed, but that's not really fair. You are paying for the location too. If you want somewhere nicer for your money, you'll have to stay farther away from all the best attractions in Rome and be prepared to spend money and time in taxis and on the metro. We felt very safe and there was always someone around if we needed help.

We had no complaints. The rooms were attractive and comfortable, the staff was helpful and anxious to please, there was minimal street noise at night (and it is a busy area), and the breakfast was much larger than expected.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple