“Very nice place!:)”

Vatican - Bed & Breadfast
Vatican - Bed & Breadfast
Ranked #2,958 of 3,781 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Place very clean and tidy. Cleaned regularly. Very convenient location, just across the street Vatican and access to other attractions very easy. With the main bus stop just around the corner, in many places can also be reached on foot. Owner very nice and helpful. We had problems with the flight and arrived one day later, the owner was so helpful that i did not have to pay for the first unused night. We were very pleased.
I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 December 2011

Hello,

I cannot comment on the B&B itself as my newly-wed wife and I did not stay here, my comments are soley based on dealing with the proprietor, Arturo.

My wife and I were on our honeymoon in Rome about to embark on a 13-day cruise around southern and eastern Europe. I booked a couple hotels through booking.com and this was one of them. Eventually we decided against all of the bookings and cancelled them in favor of a apartment (which I would highly recommend doing!).

Our poor experience with Arturo came about because of an error through the Booking.com system. I had cancelled the reservation online but it had not gone through and my credit card was charged by Arturo. After speaking with Booking.com they admitted the error, but told me that only the vendor was able to reverse the charge as Booking.com does not handle the credit card transactions. Fine. I spoke with Arturo about the error and he was very upset about this and refused to refund the money. After calling him numerous times and essentially begging him for a refund (as my wife and I are not well off and we were now stuck with 2 hotel bills), he reluctantly agreed to refund me the money if he could fill the room.

It was a nerve racking experience waiting and calling each day to see if the room had been rented, and he was getting annoyed at my persistence, but I assured him I did not want to be a bother but I was obviously concerned about the outcome. Literally the day before we left for our trip I saw the room and been filled online, and called him and he confirmed that a family was staying there for 2 nights out of the 3 we had booked and he would refund the money!

Now, here comes the fun part. While we were in Rome I called and confirmed that everything was going smoothly - that the family was staying in the room and he would refund the money. My mind was now at rest as I thought I would receive the money back. After our cruise I called Arturo and asked what the money situation was, only for him to tell me that I was supposed to come meet him and him give me cash for the refund, which he never told me! I informed him that he could just refund the money to the credit card which he said he would do, but of course did not.

At this point it seemed he had decided he would just ignore my calls to try to avoid paying. I literally called him everyday and was sent straight to voicemail each time. Eventually I must have wore him thin with my determination and got him to answer. He now said he would refund the money minus an 'administrative fee' which was about 30-40% of the initial room rate. At this point I just wanted something back because we are short on money, so I told him I would send him a paypal request and he could just pay that. To this day the paypal request is unpaid.

I continued to follow up with Arturo only to receive more straight to voicemail responses. When he finally does pick up, he now says that the bank hasn't transferred the money to his account, an obvious lie since it's been about 3 months since we've stayed there!

At this point I'm at my wits end but refuse to give up as people like this need to be taught a lesson. I will continue to call him until I am paid something for his decite, but I think it more important at this point to let the TripAdvisor community know what kind of man you are dealing with. There are TONS of other places to stay, so why stay with a known greedy cheat?

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank t_dump
carraro1, Proprietario at Vatican - Bed & Breadfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Dear Guest,
I am really sorry about your anger but you have to complain only with yourself and your mistake in reservation at 2 different places at the same time.

All the things you have written are fake and I will prove it to all readers of Tripadvisor as they can judge themself.

No errors from Booking.com system, they never admitted any errors.
Booking.com is a very serious and professional agency. If Booking.com would have been wrong or guilty of any mistakes they would have payed the error to you with many excuses. So why they didnt do it if it was their fault as you say???
What happened is that you cancelled outside the deadline (you have canceled within seven days before your arrival time), and the penalty is like no show. this is why I charged you the whole money. YOU MADE A MISTAKE WITH CANCELATION POLICY.
this is a rule that many hotels choose, any readers of Tripadvisor can easily read on booking.com.
Hotels and B&B partners of booking.com are serious and professional as well about cancellation policy, and I would never charge you anything if I was not in the right to do it.
As a prove of what I am saying is the fact that you kept asking me part of the money back as you have written in your review. Why not all if you were right???
The only truth you say is that I proposed you to refund all or part of the money if I was able to get a last minute reservation.
unfortunatly the only request I had was for one day and they didnt arrive.
You can immagine how difficult is to keep reservation one week before arrival considering also the low season.
I never sayed I didnt recieve the money as you mentioned.
Also, you talk about "deceit", ok I have a question for you:
I am usually working with Booking.com. Do you think I could still work with them or any other agency If I charge money and I am not in the right to do it????
Can you just immagine all the money I would loose if all travellers are like you and I would refund them for their mistakes?
I can understand your anger about your terrible mistake in booking a couple of hotels at the same time, but the only lesson I would suggest is to PAY ATTENTION to the cancellation policy next time you travel.
Tripadvisor Community know now the two different positions.
Best Regards

Reviewed 10 July 2011

The atention was very good. From the first moment we had all the information about how to arrive at the B&B without complications, how to move in the city, and we had atention in all aspects.
The room was perfect for three persons: the beds, bathroom and the furnitures were very clean and every day we had the service, air condition, TV and colazione. That means we had all the offer in the announcement.
Location is fantastic, in 100 meters you arrive to Vatican City. In 5 ó 6 blocks you are in the Metro.
If some day I return to Roma, I'll use this B&B again. I can recomend it in all aspects. Arturo Pardi is a very good anfitrion.

Room Tip: All my experience in this travel was excelent.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank BosniaSarajevo
Reviewed 27 May 2011

My girlfriend and I spent the most beautiful 4 days of our life in Roma! The B&B Vaticano was great and we only walked 3 minutes to arrive at Petersplatz! Arturo, the owner from the B&B was very friendly and helpfull! The room was quite nice! If you want to visit Roma try to get a room at the B&B Vaticano in Via Cavalleggeri 6, I am sure you will enjoy it! Dear Arturo, thank you very much for all! Matthias

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Key to our visit in Rome was Vatican B&B; excelent location, 5-8 minutes walk from Vatican City and with good bus conexions to visit other places in Rome (64 would take you to the Termini and from there it goes everywhere.
The manager is a very serviciable person, available when need it and polite...you will like him!!
For us, this is THE PLACE to stay when in Rome...

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2011

Essential, cleaned, central, not expensive. What to say more? We have stayed in the Vatican B&B in January, everything was perfect.

Rome is so beautiful ! We will come back!!!
Highly recommend !

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2010

I recommend Bed and Breakfast Vaticano to everyone who come in Roma for trip! It's perfect combination of the price and qauality. B&B is allocated in historical centre close to St. Pietro, and it takes about 5-7 minutes by bus to get the centre of Roma - Via del Corso or Piazza di Vinezia. You can also go to the centre by steps, because you will see the nice streets and buildings of Roma and it will take about 15-20 minutes from B&B to centre by steps. It's very comfortable place for nights, there is no noise in comparison to hotels in the centre. its perfect place for spending the nights! You will enjoy it!!!
Elena