“Best B&B in Rome - Very Pleasing Owner”
Review of Vatican Vista

Vatican Vista
Ranked #420 of 3,669 Rome B&B and Inns
Quezon City, Philippines
“Best B&B in Rome - Very Pleasing Owner”
Reviewed 23 November 2010

It was indeed a great European tour with my wife and 2 boys most especially when we were in Rome and stayed at Vatican Vista B&B in August 2010 for 4 nights. We were very pleased that we chose this B&B. The owner, Rossana & David were very accommodating and very helpful and treated us like family members so my kids love and call the owner, Nana Rossana. The 2-bedroom apartment was excellent, secured, comfortable, clean, spacious and with a great view of the Vatican. It is a walking distance to many attractions and also accessible to buses and metro. The daily served breakfast was great and the food stocks inside the fridge were a nice treat for us too. You will really feel comfortable and very at home when you stay in their B&B. We will definitely stay there again and will always recommend this B&B hotel and their services for your Vatican & Rome visit. We miss you Nana Rossana & David and we hope to meet you again someday. God bless to both of you.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Florida
Reviewed 21 November 2010

Vatican Vista B&B was great. It's close to many sites and bus transportation is less than a block away. Rosanna, the awesome hostess, tour guide, translator, etc., is a phenomenal person. She will make you feel more welcome than some relatives! She even took the time from her family to sit with me and Italian relatives and serve as my Italian translator. Awesome, sweet wonderful lady. Her husband, mother and dog are also great. The apartment was cozy, comfortable, safe, convenient, etc. Please do yourself a favor and try it. You won't be sorry! My husband and I will definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2010
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 November 2010

Finding Vatican Vista B&B on tripadvisor was the best find for me. Location is central- literally walkable to Vatican Vista, nearer to other cultural sights, shopping area, excellent tour guides, delicious breakfast served in cozy & comfortable rooms. But i think the best aspect is the manner in which Rosanna and David took care of me and my mom. It was both of our first time in Italy and they both made us feel very comfortable and well taken care- which included accomodating my mom who cant walk too much, making regular stops for much needed breaks, super company for meals. and the reason why the companionship is the best is because it continues- Rosanna and I still keep in touch via email & next time in Rome is at B&B. I stongly recommend Vatican Vista as it is a really comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable manner to get to know Rome and Italians!

• Stayed September 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 November 2010

We spent 3 nights in the Vatican Vista B&B; and the name is absolutely correct - the views of the Vatican are superb. The B&B is spacious, clean and has everything you need. We were able to use the coffee machine, internet and the washing machine.

We arranged tours with Rosanna prior to arrival and it was well worth it. David guided us around the Vatican and St Peters and Rosanna to all other major sites. They are both very knowledgeable and good story tellers.

I would recommend you stay here, you will not be disappointed. Rosanna introduced us to coffee granita - do yourself a favour and try it, they are delicious.

Abela family, Melbourne, Australia

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 1 November 2010

This was the last destination of our 11 day trip. And I have to say, it could not have been better or more special! David & Rosanna are the most amazing hosts. My spouse and me felt at home straightaway with their warm welcome. This is the best place I have stayed at till date! Rosanna is very well versed with Roman and Italian history and she obliged with late night discussions. By the way, she also does tours around Rome! She was so patient with us and took us through some interesting times in history. Rosanna was even kind enough to get me coupons for a mass with the Pope. They treated us like family. Rosanna even woke up at 4 am to see us off before our flight. So, I do not need to say anymore of their hospitality. Their apartment was also well equipped and we were always well looked after. The bedroom overlooks the Vatican and the location is just superb! I know for sure, if I ever visit Rome again, then my destination will be Vatican Vista! In a matter of few days, we did develop a close bond and I will certainly keep in touch with these excellent hosts. Thanks David & Rosanna for the wonderful memories. Hope to see you soon.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
St. Louis
Reviewed 17 October 2010

I'm so glad we found Vatican Vista. In a city as crazy busy as Rome, for me this was the perfect place to stay. Close enough to the action, but much quieter neighborhood with a surplus of good restaurants nearby. The B&B is in a traditional Roman apartment with comfortable beds, a great view of the Vatican and your own washing machine. Nothing fancy, but homey.
As for Rossana and David, enough can't be said about their friendliness, hospitality and unbridled enthusiasm, not only for their city but their guests. I felt as if I'd been to visit my aunt. Whatever else you do, make sure you have them take you on the tour of Rome. It is an unmatched experience, tailored especially for your. Grazie, Rossana and David! We can't wait to come back.hugh jackman

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
PA
Reviewed 8 October 2010

We stayed for 3 nights here in September. The owner, Rossana is a wonderful lady. She was very helpful, engaging and interested in what we wanted to do. The rooms were what you would expect for a Roman apartment. The major negative was that it isn't as close to some of the areas you might want to spend some time seeing, and it's not on a major east=west bus route to get you to those places (Trevi, Pantheon, etc). If the apartment were in a more ideal location I would go back the next time I'm in Rome.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
vvRoma, Manager at Vatican Vista, responded to this review, 17 October 2010
Thank you for your good review. We always try to help our visitors the very best we can.

Regarding your comments about the location, we are right next to the Vatican city walls and access to the other parts of the city including the Pantheon, Trevi fountain, the Spanish Steps is a pleasant walking distance. We also have many buses and the Metro available to the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Transportation is never a problem in our area.

We note your rating regarding cleanliness, and recall that you asked not to have our daily cleaning service during our stay, so we regret we were not able to maintain our usual level of cleanliness. We always try to keep our rooms clean unless you request otherwise, as you did.

Thank you for staying with us.