All reviewsmassage chairfoot massagertoaster oventorre argentinacat sanctuarycoffee machineflights of stairsjet showerfully stocked fridgespa showerunique hotelno elevatorroman historywithin walking distanceheart of romecentral locationevery amenity
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Every time we visit Rome we choose Hotel «Pensione Barrett». The hotel is situated in the very heart of Rome, very close to the most important historical sites so you can go everywhere on foot. But if you want to use a bus there is a bus stop of the main urban lines in front of the hotel.
The rooms are perhaps a little bit of small space, but very clean and singularly beautiful. The owners Michele and Cinzia have decorated them in a marvelous antique style. Some of the rooms have a view of the magnificent Piazza di Torre Argentina.
The staff is very friendly and helpful what creates an absolutely homelike atmosphere. The Pensione does not offer a breakfast but you may prepare it yourself: in every room there is a fridge with food and drinks, coffee machine, electric kettle, etc. – a very good solution for those who prefers being independent. Every room also has all the facilities for relaxation after an all-day wandering around the city (massage armchair, massage platform for feet, massage shower-cabin, etc.)
Michele and Cinzia know all about everything in Rome and can give you any information you need, and do everything to make your stay in their hotel pleasant and comfortable.
So the «Pensione Barrett» is sure to be an excellent choice! I would recommend this hotel without any hesitation. BUT if you are not very young, have health problems and big suitcases you should take into consideration that there is no elevator in the building.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We spent almost a month in Italy so we stayed in a lot of places but I had researched 100's more. This hotel is in a perfect location to walk to many of the popular tourist destinations but as others have said, the owners will insist (and rightly so!) you sit with them while they draw you your very own map and step you through books and pictures of the best classical art Rome can offer you. I knew very little about Rome and it's artistic history before I arrived, but I left feeling enlightened and very special to have seen the sights I wouldn't have seen thanks to our beautiful Hosts.
Very clean rooms with brilliant facilities.
Décor of rooms and hotel like none other and will submerge you in the wonders of classical Rome.
The owners (and the rest of the staff) are immensely helpful, some of the nicest people I have ever met.

Room Tip: If you would like a quieter room, choose a room off the street front
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Looking through the previous excellent reviews, what more can we add? Michele, Cinzia and all the staff are a dream; they simply couldn’t be more helpful, so if you are dithering and can’t make up your mind then just go ahead and book it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is one of the coolest hotels I've ever stayed in. Right accross the street from Roman ruins and close to Piazza Navona, the Coliseum, Roman Forum, Trestevere.
Michele has a passion for his city like no one else I have met. I gave us insight into Rome that isn't available in tourist books.
The rooms are quaint, beautifully and uniquely decorated, and have a great assortment of breakfast snacks in the fridge.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Charming Rooms with many amenities. Beautifully decorated with art work and statues in lobby and individual rooms. Staff was extremely helpful and responsive in recommending our itinerary while visiting all the sights in Rome. An exceptional facility at reasonable daily rates in the heart of Rome. We did walk to every site. All guests must be able to walk up 42 steps but staff handled all suitcases and bags. My wife and I would be disappointed if we could not get a future reservation at this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the inner courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends