Hotel Artemide(Rome)
US$242
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$320/night.

US$131
US$122
Hotel Diocleziano(Rome)
US$148
US$127
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$162/night.

US$307
US$224
  • Pool
US$213
US$167
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$208/night.

Hotel Colosseum(Rome)
US$136
US$98
Hotels.com
US$95
US$87
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

Hotel Nord Nuova Roma(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$111
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

US$316
US$218
US$217
US$166
  • Room Service
All reviewstermini stationclean roomsweekend stayfriendly receptionistfree wifiperfect locationair conditionrecommend this hotelmain attractionswould definitely stay here againlovely hotelwalking distancetvbusesnoisedeskhairdryer
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Hotel is so near to Termini station which is a great location, very welcomed staff. clean rooms, Price is very good. rooms looked like the pictures when I booked.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2011

First of all, I must mention that I made a reservation in a hotel nearby (hotel bergamo) however something went wrong with my reservation and I must say not their fault (booking site) and I ended up whitout a room. Actually despite my late hour of arrving (nearly midnight) the friendly receptionist arranged a room nearby in this hotel Charter. The rooms are somewhat older and could use a renovation and they are not so clean (I'm not really fond of the bedspread) but not dirty either. Sheets and floor where clean and the bathroom was clean and had everything in working order. If you consider the price compared to average hotels in Rome it's quite some value for money and the location is not bad either because you're near the Termini station and not quite far from the top tourist destinations. the staff is friendly and I would recommend this hotel to young/budget and single travellers staying for a short trip. A comment on the neighborhood...when arriving after 11pm I kind of thought it to be a bad neighborhood. Actually seeing it during day time and earlier in the evening the streets around the hotel are quite busy and lively with restaurants and tourist shops (also two supermarkets nearby) so not more unsafe then the rest of Rome. Be aware of pick pockets and some undesired solicitors (do not accept anything offered for free like wrist bands, but that's common sense and you'll find these people anywhere tourist are nowadays)

Room Tip: ask a room facing the inner court yard because Rome is quite lively up to late in the evening if you desire quietness.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank bartlanduyt
Reviewed 13 June 2011

In general this hotel reflects the reviews that I’ve looked into before booking my stay. However, one disappointment was that the AC was not turned on yet (I guess they follow the calendar summer). May is not a very hot month, but our room faced the street which is very noisy at 5AM with garbage/delivery trucks. We tried to close the window, but then there was no oxygen in the room. All the other features (that I based my choice on) worked out good. Location was great: very close to train station and public transport to visit all the touristy sites (we got a pass to use all the buses/trams/subway). I guess one can walk to a lot of sites, but we are not that young anymore. The area and the 24-hour reception really made us feel safe, even though it is not a touristy zone. There was a small supermarket around the corner and a big one 3 blocks away. Internet point is a half block away. There were a variety of restaurants, nothing spectacular, but much cheaper that at all the central/touristy places. The room itself was bigger than I expected after reading the reviews (enough space for two people in a double room): big armoire (a lot of hangers), two nightstands, even a writing desk w/chair. The TV was mounted on the wall, (so it was out of the way); it had a few channels on different languages, but we usually do not watch TV when we travel. I would say there is enough space to put a mini fridge and a coffee maker (MY SUGGESTION TO THE HOTEL) since there is no breakfast. The bathroom is adequate, nice showerhead and shampoo/soap provided. The shower is small compared to US standards, but I did not mind that too much. Linens/towels get changed every 3 days. The mattress felt too hard after a while. The staff was friendly, most could speak Basic English and one can leave the luggage at reception after check out if needed. There are no stairs, but a slow lift will go up/down one floor while you have to hold the button (I got irritated by that button a few times). The rate felt expensive for me (more than I paid for a best western in Los Angeles), but I guess that’s Rome for you. I would say it can be a good stop for a night or two, but not for a vacation stay unless you used to Spartan lifestyle (or a much cheaper rate). As a final note, compared to a very similar 2-star hotel in Seville (also central location), the Charter would lose (due to no AC, hard bed, and small shower).

Room Tip: ask to see a differnt room
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank princess_on_the_road
Reviewed 26 April 2011

The hotel has a great location, 2 minutes from the Termini station and it is well seen. It is very small, but comfortable for the travel. First night was a nightmare because we had a room with a street view and we heard all the buses and cars on the road. But the owner asked the next day if we want something different and we changed rooms with an interior one. So, if you have room 50 is great, if it is 44 is noisy like hell. It was clean, every day they cleaned it. The elevator was strange but workable, like a big box-so if you suffer from claustrophobia it could be difficult.
A great thing was that we could leave the luggage to the reception on the day of our leaving.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank banca80
Reviewed 10 June 2010

Stayed in the hotel for 3 nights last week. Firstly, I wanted to stay in the Roma Termini area as I was told by some local friends that its the best to get around to any part of Rome - and they were right at that. Both subway lines meet at Termini and almost all tourist attractions are 10 mins ride (except Vatican which is about 20 mins).

The hotel is a 3 minute walk from Termini. There is a wierd elevator, you keep the button pressed and if you release the button, the elevator stops !! Once you know to operate the elevator, its easy.

The room I booked was a single and they mean it - it was really very small but since I had only hand luggage, it was allright to me. The room was clean and was serviced daily - very efficient housekeeping - very clean.

The bath was also meant for solo traveller and it was small - so small that to brush I would have to plan my standing position.

No breakfast included but for 60 Euros a nite for a single I thought it was not value for money. The hotel has no internet but plenty of internet booths in the vicinity.

Check in / check out was smooth and I felt safe - specially since Termini area is loaded with wierdos hanging around at every step.

The room I was allotted was facing the main road - but the hotel has double glass windows so once shut - no noise from the busy road outside.

Would I stay here again: maybe if I am travelling solo but never with company.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo